The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Positives Going Into Game 3

DownUndaCanuck

We were up 3-0 against the Hawks. (This was also when the Canucks were literally the best team in the NHL by miles..) It went to 7 games.

Canucks were up 2-0 against the Bruins... We lost in 7.

Is it possible? Yes, of course. Tonight, we were like 5 cm of winning it and tying the series. Do i want them to win? Not really, i want them to lose so changes will be made.

If I'm the sharks I do whatever I can to win tmrw to go up 3-0 and then the series is over. The last thing they want is canucks winning and having any chance at a comeback. Canucks need to play good defensively and not take stupid peantlies

maybe your mom was still wiping your nose when i saw this team played its first NHL game as Canucks (not as mIllionaires...coz im not that old). Sure they accomplished so much in the Canucks org. and even won prestigious awards as individuals....but lets admit it...they are non-existence during the playoffs...SPECIALLY THIS ONE. No grit, easily intimidated, they dont have the guts of Kesler...even 25% of it. They should give the C to Kesler.

Maybe you can wipe keslers **** when he gets injured once again. Sedins are not 6 ft 5 power forwards that battle it out with players like weber on a day to to day basis. Everyone here knows what type of players these guys are so I don't know why most of you keep bringing up their "grit" into this.

They are not completely nonexistent come playoff time so give them a break, they have put this team on their backs year after year so they deserve a little credit. Our TEAM has failed us as a whole unit not the 2 guys on our top line, people who solely blame the Sedins for the teams predicament but don't have the guts to blame there golden boys (derek roy, kassian, and even Hansen) should not be considered fans.

Kes played 1/3rd the games Henrik played this year.

Kes started playing again in the second week of April.

Hank played first line minutes with a team without a second line center- all year.

You Kesler fans that use Hank as your reason to hate need to find another team.

Kes played 1/3rd the games Henrik played this year.

Kes started playing again in the second week of April.

Hank played first line minutes with a team without a second line center- all year.

You Kesler fans that use Hank as your reason to hate need to find another team.

Positives

Luo's play

Kesler's beast mode in game 2

Team overall played better in game 2

There's enough veterans in that dressing room, don't need the C on jersey to be a leader

Did better at face offs in game 2

Penalty killing unit was affective

Now if they could get in front of their net more, shoot more, and get more guys hitting.

Simple changes that need to be made:

Get Burrows off the top line. He's being held to the perimeter far too easily and the Sedins aren't getting to the center of the ice. These guys need a change, and Kassian is the sort of player they need. In the few seconds he gets with the Sedins after a penalty kill, that line dominates. No one can knock Kassian off the puck, and he gets hard to the front of the net whereas Burrows is handled so easily by defencemen. Of course Burrows has the reputation to take stupid penalties (his fault or not) which is hurting that line even more.

Meanwhile our 3rd line is pathetic and needs a change-up as well. Time to go with something like this AV:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - Kesler - Hansen

Burrows - Roy - Raymond

Weise - Lapierre - Sestito/Ebbett/whoever else we can find

Archived