The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Positives Going Into Game 3

DownUndaCanuck

Sorry but this team doesn't have what it takes to get very far, no Bertuzzi sized power forward with lots of experience to put between the twins (Kassian isn't there yet) no hardnosed captain to call out players so management doesn't have to, no bonified powerplay quarterback

like Lidstrom not one donald brashear type player (sestito?) not really, mostly over paid d-men who don't get the job done well enough and team defence consistantly? ermmm no

Don't get me wrong, i've been a fan for 30 some years and i'd love to say that this canucks team will have a great shot at Mr Stanley but until the above issues are dealt with properly it's going to be tough to get even close to the SCF.

Positives? we have a lot of skill and no one can dispute that at all and if somehow our speed and skill players get onto their game better (all of them) we'll do ok, we switched a gear obviously but we need to find overdrive now and team defence needs to tighten up much better EVERY game or we're done.

I really hope MG can get some of our holes filled next year even if we have to buy out Lou (up to the owners though) and some trades in the summer...

Sorry but this team doesn't have what it takes to get very far, no Bertuzzi sized power forward with lots of experience to put between the twins (Kassian isn't there yet) no hardnosed captain to call out players so management doesn't have to, no bonified powerplay quarterback

like Lidstrom not one donald brashear type player (sestito?) not really, mostly over paid d-men who don't get the job done well enough and team defence consistantly? ermmm no

Don't get me wrong, i've been a fan for 30 some years and i'd love to say that this canucks team will have a great shot at Mr Stanley but until the above issues are dealt with properly it's going to be tough to get even close to the SCF.

Positives? we have a lot of skill and no one can dispute that at all and if somehow our speed and skill players get onto their game better (all of them) we'll do ok, we switched a gear obviously but we need to find overdrive now and team defence needs to tighten up much better EVERY game or we're done.

I really hope MG can get some of our holes filled next year even if we have to buy out Lou (up to the owners though) and some trades in the summer...

Am I pissed? Yes, we deserved the W last night. Do I think we will follow last year's exodus route? I don't!

We don't have to look past 2011, the SC Champion Bruins! In 2010, they lost 4 straight to the Flyers to choke a 3-0 series lead and then lost 2 home openers in the first round the following year against the Habs. And what happened after that? We all know too well...

Now all I heard is that the Nux lost 6 straight home games in the Stanley Cup Playoffs since G7 SCF 2011, yada yada yada... But if you think about the Bruins in 2011, yeah, the Nux are right there with the 2011 SC Champions, aren't they? It's the playoffs, all it takes is a game, a swing game that will switch the momentum. Kesler is upping at the right time and think about it, when Sedins up a notch, we will be pretty scary. Who cares about the home ice record, say what you want about the Sharks home ice dominance but this is the playoffs, a totally different level and Sharks have historical chokes themselves.

Guys, Believe in Orca and believe in our boys! We will come back. Keep believing!

Honestly hate to be that guy, but Kesler should be the one with the C just by last game. He showed heart and determination, and let his play do the talking.

H Sedin inexcusable pass to the slot instead of clearing the puck led to the tying goal. Just bank the puck out and i think the game would have been the NUX's

+

Kesler's play

PK

Hits

Luo another solid game imo

-

Where's the 1st line at?

Too much cycling not enough shooting

Discipline

Veteran group but only a few showing up.

believe or faith is only good based on its object. Believe in Canucks? Sure they are good but obviously not the type of good they needed to be to beat SJ. IF Canucks can make it 2-2 in SJ, then I might consider believing in them....so far they have not put any enough effort and smart hockey to win a playoff game since last year.

Honestly hate to be that guy, but Kesler should be the one with the C just by last game. He showed heart and determination, and let his play do the talking.

H Sedin inexcusable pass to the slot instead of clearing the puck led to the tying goal. Just bank the puck out and i think the game would have been the NUX's

+

Kesler's play

PK

Hits

Luo another solid game imo

-

Where's the 1st line at?

Too much cycling not enough shooting

Discipline

Veteran group but only a few showing up.

It's one thing to play well in one game, and it's another to play well when players are going to play you harder. Next game, you know that SJ is going to target Kesler and try to wear him down or get him to react.

I liked the comment about Boston getting better in their playoff run. The other side of it is that stats are tilted strongly in SJ's favour, ie ) teams down 2 games win the series 12.5% of the time and down 3-1 lose 93% of the time. So guess how hard SJ is going to play to increase their odds for a game 4.

The question is really can the Sedins get out of the funk they've been in since losing the Cup to Boston in 2011. The team as a whole has lost 10 of 12 playoff games and scored 15 goals in 12 games. The Sedins should be producing at LEAST 1 goal a game, which last night would have meant a Vancouver win.

Guest Gumballthechewy

The Sedins should be producing at LEAST 1 goal a game, which last night would have meant a Vancouver win.

Game 1, Luongo played the rest of the team was on the bench from what I could see.

Game 2, Most of the team played.

Game 2, you have to admit the team played great. We had a couple unlucky bounces - shots off the post, etc. The loss sucks but I am much happier to have this team lose playing the way they did in game 2 then game 1. We can still get back in this, it is not going to be easy. We need a few lucky bounces and need to get our 4th line going (which we have never had for 5+ years), Weise and Ebbet played less than four minutes? I mean they are not the great players and personally I don't like either of them but every team that has won the cup has had four lines rolling.

Archived