The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we lose series do we fire AV ?

tracyjordan

I don't agree with a lot of the hate AV gets. I think he's been an excellent coach here and people forget how refreshing it was to have a coach who was entertaining in interviews. He's also brought along much of our best talent from Winnepeg to Van and so on.

But I also believe coaches have an expiry date in major sports leagues. And the player-coach dynamic is sort of like being a pro chef/cook. You can only stay at the resteraunt so long before you've learned everything you can from that particular place. Similarly I think players need new coaches from time to time to keep them thinking about the game or changing teir perspective.

I do believe AVs time is done if they do anything short of a finals appearance.

But I do not believe he's the evil dummy people seem to want to blame him as. You don't become a teams winningest coach in 40+ years by fluke or luck and I'd you're going to blame him for the bad then you have to credit him with the good.

But yes. If the team bows out its time for a change. But he is NOT the only change needed if that's the case.

Gillis and AV will have a boat load of excuses in the offseason and stay status quo. It's up to the Acquillinis to step in and fire them. He's paying nearly 18m of our cap space and none of those salary is playing on the team right now.

First off "we" don't fire AV, his boss GMMG does..."we" don't get a say. Just like "we" don't get a say in what players play here, what coaches, scouts or trainers work here, or what coaching style is employed. "Our" job is to cheer for the Canucks, come hell or high water, come what players are in or out. You either bleed blue and green or you don't. Jump on the bandwagon or off it all you want...BUT please, in the process, leave us the REAL Canucks fans some dignity and respect in the process. If you don't respect the Canucks, its direction, goals, motives and work ethics then please, there are 29 other bandwagons you can jump on to and then off when it gets tough. Be my guess.

Archived