The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If we lose series do we fire AV ?

tracyjordan

It's a given that AV is gone if we're out round 1 again, and it's not looking good for MG either. I mean if he can't trade Ballard, Booth or Luongo, Aquillini will be forced to buy out 2 of the 3, and Lu will probably be waived. He'd also have to bite the bullet on paying his salary in the minors.

Inconsistency in line combinations is endless with AV. No set lines with him, only set combo is the brothers. Every game every period he is moving guys around. They got out coached once again last night. Still fiddling with line combos now is ridiculous. Look at Chicago, but AV never leaves any line together long enough to figure things out. Maybe he figures he will baffle the opposition I don't know. Look at how well Derek Roy worked with Kess earlier, where is that combo now? Look at how well Kassian works with the Sedins, where is that ? The team needs a new coach plain and simple, he's run his course here. Putting them out for that last shift was a mistake and it bit him ! They have to win 4 of 5 now, chances are not that good that will happen, I hope it does but reality says its a stretch. Anyone want to guess what line combos AV tries next game cause you just know it will be something different again ?

Yes.

Not because I believe AV to be a "terrible" coach or anything, it's just that the Canucks have taken backwards steps since the 2011 Cup Finals. I think, if we lose this first round, that it's clear that AV has gone as far with this team as he can go & it's time for a changing of the guard.

MG will not get fired. He will get one offseason to either:

a. Fire AV, Make trades/signings

b. If he doesn't fire AV, then MG will have to make some HUGE offseson moves to bring us back to contender or for a total rebuild, but that will be difficult with all the NM clauses he has handed out.

It looks like AV's days are numbered, and you can see it in his eyes during the interview. He's feeling the heat now.

Still pains me to say it, the window was when we were up 2-0 for the cup, then Vigneault, after Luongo faltered wouldn't play (who is now our no. 1 goalie) Schneider.In addition, Vigneault was saved from firing when he threw one last stone (putting Burrows on no.1 line with Sedins) a couple of years ago. He was going to be fired if they lost that game. Shame, he wasn't....the cup run would have been handled differently by ANYBODY else. he will be gone after this year, barring a deep run.

He's a good coach IMO but he looks tired. I don't think of firing him but more of a mercy killing. You can only rearrange the deck chairs so often. While it's easy to fire AV, who replaces him and will new ideas make veteran players play and look better, they look exhausted IMO. If you fire AV does Gillis go to, after all he hasn't done much to bring fresh skilled talented players to the dance, is it AV fault or MG fault ? Remember the Sedins only have next season on their contract, do they want to move to a winner ? to complete their careers if it ain't going to happen in Vcr

The building is not going to be sold out next season Aqualinni must know that...does he stay or sell. He's had his fun, the books look good if he wants to roll the franchise over and God knows how much his wife has sucked out of the family finances in the divorce.

What ever happens, 2013 is going to be the summer of discontent

Yes his time here is done. Just be careful what you wish for. For every Mike Babcock there's 5 Joe Sacco's.

Speaking of Babcock he's not going anywhere so scratch his name off the list. He's said his daughter has 2 years of high school left and there is no way he's leaving Michigan. He may end up coaching at Michigan (NCAA).

uO0c3Iv.gif

This show has run it's course.

Archived