The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Law of Attraction

Brad Marschnoz

All the people bashing this thread are idiots. Do you think the kid who's parents continually put him down telling him he'll never amount to anything, he's not good enough, give up etc. ever amounts to anything? Constant negativity gets you down.

I remember seeing the movie called "The Secret" thinking it was the biggest load of bogus I've ever seen. Slowly it's starting to make somewhat sense to me. In 2011, we KNEW our Canucks would go far, but ever since then we've kind of fallen off the boat. The law of attraction states that our thoughts create an energy, and a possible shift in the outcomes of our daily lives. It's hard to deny the negativity that's been going on since the 2011 cup run. The law of attraction also states that with enough belief, positive thought, confidence, and replaying that positive thought over and over in your mind comes reward.. So let's try it? I know how ridiculous and out-to-lunch I sound with this superstition, but it's worth a shot. Our luck is absolutely unbelievable at the moment.. So all I ask from here on out, once a negative Canuck-related thought enters the mind, immediately block it out with a positive one of our boys hoisting the cup. It'll be a miracle if it works, but that's exactly what we need right now. Seems legit. ;)

Agreed. I was at game 1 and the atmosphere was terrible. Need soccer style fans chanting and singing the whole game... and specially non-stop after we score. That first goal should have been a confidence breaker for the sharks.

But aside from that, the random people watching the game at home and bars have 0 effect on the team, regardless of their "energy".

I remember seeing the movie called "The Secret" thinking it was the biggest load of bogus I've ever seen. Slowly it's starting to make somewhat sense to me. In 2011, we KNEW our Canucks would go far, but ever since then we've kind of fallen off the boat. The law of attraction states that our thoughts create an energy, and a possible shift in the outcomes of our daily lives. It's hard to deny the negativity that's been going on since the 2011 cup run. The law of attraction also states that with enough belief, positive thought, confidence, and replaying that positive thought over and over in your mind comes reward.. So let's try it? I know how ridiculous and out-to-lunch I sound with this superstition, but it's worth a shot. Our luck is absolutely unbelievable at the moment.. So all I ask from here on out, once a negative Canuck-related thought enters the mind, immediately block it out with a positive one of our boys hoisting the cup. It'll be a miracle if it works, but that's exactly what we need right now. Seems legit. ;)

I'm afraid this team fell apart the day they started thinking that they could afford to lose to the lesser teams. Winning is a habit. There is a certain arrogance in the team, I would guess led by Bieksa that thinks they can turn it on when they like.

Just because we won 2 PT'S and got to the finals in 2011, it doesn't mean we scare anyone in the playoffs............we lose too many games and drop our intensity (leading to flat 2nd and 3rd periods) for this team to be considered scary.

Not playing set lines will be our downfall, because the only edge we had was our chemistry and systems. AV made a huge error in allowing injuries to force him into full scale line changes. That is why we are done, that and the lack of a hitting and checking 4th line.

Go and watch any of the playoff games so far and you will see crisp passing and well oiled transition. Comparing it to our feeble efforts so far is nothing short of embarrassing. We major in puck dumping.

Anyway I can't see the torture lasting much longer. AV knows it with his cranky interviews, he knows he at least is gone.

I have a better idea. Lets blame everything all at once as the only reason the canucks are losing. Lets bash people who like to focus on the positive and have that element grow.... (complete sarcasm from me, but the reality of the board)

I agree with you. It's amazing how people will neglect to believe in the power of though and positive energy.

I believe this team can win, but it must be hard for the team to believe it can win when so many of their "supporters" don't support and believe that they can win.

:towel: It seems the white towel will grow to represent more than just giving up because of the reffing but also giving up to "the fans".

Is that what the bandwagon LA fans did last year? They just knew their #8 seeded Kings would win the Cup? I think this is a load personally. You want something, go get it. Don't sit around hoping for it. Don't the Canucks have some "out there" happy room to generate positive thoughts? How's that working out for them?

So let me get this straight: This idea is stupid, but playoff beards and wearing the right underwear totally help the team win.

Reality is, even if it does nothing, you lose nothing by trying it other than your own negativity.

So when someone isn't succeeding the thing to do is to dissect them and then point out all the bad things, bash them, and then reinforce the idea that they have failed?

Archived