49 replies to this topic

#31 Jeaves

Jeaves

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I would like my first post to say something meaningful.

Botchford is a douche.

That is all.

Posted Image

#32 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

Nothing but truth.

And why? Why the Sedin's on the ice for the last miinute when you have guys like Lapierre and Higgins on the bench?

Missed the third you serious Sedins on the ice in the last minute? are they on when they scored?

#33 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:54 AM

At least Botchford knows hockey a little bit.

Love him or hate him, that's rare in this market.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#34 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,924 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Aw, i'd challenge him, but he blocked me.

It's funny watching Canucks fans scramble after a loss. Media's just as bad. Classless.
Posted Image

#35 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Alex Edler - 28:54 -2
Kevin Bieksa - 27:30 -2

Dan Hamhuis - 23:57 Even
Jason Garrison - 23:15 Even

There's your answer.

AV is playing Bieksa and Edler as top pairing defensemen when they're not.

Hamhuis and Garrison are the ones that should be playing 30 minutes a night, not the other way around. I don't know if AV has a clue sometimes.

Plus, you never put Edler beside Bieksa on a pairing. That is like putting Cam Barker with Brian Campbell in a defensive pairing. Edler should be with Corrado and Bieksa should be with Alberts. Give Hamhuis and Garrison 30 minutes and the other pairings 15 minutes each.

Posted Image

#36 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

i honestly don't know why anyone's upset now, the writing was on the wall ages ago, No first line or 4th line.
Sedins haven't shown up in the playoffs ever. 1st Line is useless in the playoffs

im hoping for a sweep so that the massive changes necessary can happen and we come back strong.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#37 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:08 AM

Botch is generally a tool, but he's correct in this case.
Posted Image

#38 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 31,924 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

At least Botchford knows hockey a little bit.

Love him or hate him, that's rare in this market.

Although i do switch him off because he's annoying, what annoys me the most about him is that he's mostly dead-wrong about his hockey analysis. Good for a hissy fit, coming up with the wrong side of any argument, and interrupting every... Single... Sentence? Hey, that's great. Let me know when somebody else is on. *click*
Posted Image

#39 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

How does this guy still have a job? Regardless of the outcome, calling someone out for a fight is unprofessional as frack, albeit hilarious. He'll likely regret calling Edler a dipcrap as well.

#40 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

After TheGame tonight, I'm surprised half of these guys are even NHL'ers. The team has Noheart and look extremely disoriented in the defensive end. The powerplay is futile, maybe that's a result of TheEhrhoffEffect and we don't have a true PP quarterback. Either way, we need to make an "R.A. Dickey" type move in the offseason. Get a true power play performer.

I used usernames of members reading this topic to construct this sentence :emot-parrot: :bigblush:

Edited by MaximYapierre, 04 May 2013 - 01:23 AM.

/=S=/

#41 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,981 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Edler and Bieksa are having more ice time, depending on who is on for SJ. Not who AV has trust for who.

#42 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

I don't like the condescending attitude but I do like that he'll say strong opinions sometimes.

#43 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:59 AM

Did you even read the article?

"How about Kevin Bieksa who vanished on the 2-on-1, choosing to take neither the shot away nor the pass. Now, to disappear in front of 18,000 people on centre stage is a heck of an act."

Botch didn't pull any punches, but I have to agree with a lot of what he said. The excuses have run dry. You can't blame Kesler, and you can't blame Luongo (which there was way too much of after game one). The top six HAS to step up and score goals ... the same problem we've had since Boston ...

He told it like it was. Oh and if any of the cdc "least favourite" players had missed the open goal they would have been hung from Rogers flagpole.
Kevin.jpg

#44 Socrates

Socrates

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

Win as a team, lose as a team.

You're right, Gaz. Except I would not have Edler on the team. That would eliminate some defensive mistakes and also open up a slot on the top PP unit for Garrison.

Too bad we wasted one of Kesler's most memorable performances.

#45 spook007

spook007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

He told it like it was. Oh and if any of the cdc "least favourite" players had missed the open goal they would have been hung from Rogers flagpole.

True, but when you bring everything you've got on the ice every time you play, you will be given more leeway than others.. -_-

#46 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 961 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

The most interesting part of that article is that Henrik think they had a good game. No you didn't. Your goalie did. Kesler did. The rest of the team was flat.

#47 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:56 AM

True, but when you bring everything you've got on the ice every time you play, you will be given more leeway than others.. -_-

This is where I totally disagree with you and most of CDC.
I never see any player bring less than "what they've got" I would not be comfortable levelling that accusation against anyone in this team. You don't come 3rd in the Conference playing as poorly as the Canucks have, if the team hasn't worked their tails off.

For me it has always been who was in the team rather than how much effort.

Edited by Bodee, 04 May 2013 - 05:58 AM.

Kevin.jpg

#48 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,190 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:03 PM

Did you even read the article?

"How about Kevin Bieksa who vanished on the 2-on-1, choosing to take neither the shot away nor the pass. Now, to disappear in front of 18,000 people on centre stage is a heck of an act."

Botch didn't pull any punches, but I have to agree with a lot of what he said. The excuses have run dry. You can't blame Kesler, and you can't blame Luongo (which there was way too much of after game one). The top six HAS to step up and score goals ... the same problem we've had since Boston ...

No I didn't. I'm just saying Edler is the one constantly criticized when Bieksa is always way worse than him.

zackass.png

#49 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,818 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

Edler has been so disappointing.

hamhuis and Garry should get more ice time.
Posted Image

#50 nuckin_futz

nuckin_futz

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

How on Earth does this guy still have a press pass?

I have no problem with him ripping the team when they deserve to get ripped. Can he not do it in a professional manner? Good luck entering the locker room after you've called guys dipcraps. It's a shame the players would get more than 2 minutes for cross checking him in the face. Would love to see one of them spear him in his fat belly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.