The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tony Gallagher (The Province) The Canucks are OLD - Time to Rebuild?

http://www.theprovin...html?id=8336702

vp_tgallagher_150x150.jpg

Here's the best quotes from the article:

"...make no mistake when it comes to this franchise, the light is dying for this group which has been together for so long and played so well in this city."

"...the core group is at the age where injuries will always be a concern so this has now pretty much become the accepted norm"

"It would take nothing short of a miracle for this Vancouver team to overcome this deficit and if you're looking at what appears to be a certain first round exit at this point, you have to wonder where this team goes from here."

"The Sedins have one more year on their contracts but thinking that they are somehow going to have enough left in the tank to consider a team centered around them with a realistic chance of winning a Cup is becoming increasingly unrealistic"

"And with Lui at this age now, the game always seems to wear on him to the point where the later it gets, the more and more pucks end up catching him by surprise"

"As this long Vancouver run of dominance runs it's course, it's going to be tough for the fan base. They came so close, but now the goal is slowly drifting away."

Honestly if its not done this year, the Sedins wont win us the cup being first liners anymore. Getting too old.

When their contracts up, I'd be fine with them retiring.

Blow the team up, from GM to 4th line.

Untouchables are Corrado, Tanev.

McDavid 2015!

For once I agree with everything TG said. Except this line about it taking a miracle to win this series but that strikes me as just a heat of the moment feeling. I think in the craziness of the evening all of us felt like the season could be ending imminently at least briefly.

TG has always bugged me. He may be right on this one, but he comes across as such a turd. His predictions are never on. He rags on guys even if they are playing well, as if he does not actually watch the games. He is extremely cynical and sarcastic and seems to have a big ego. He always wants to have the last word on anything Canucks related and its always negative.

Also, his voice makes me want to choke him on his best days.

Archived