#1 youngdad

youngdad

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

POPULAR

He deserves to start every game of the playoffs even if Cory gets healthy.
Here's why;
1. He has played great in each of the first two games.
2. He will be more game-ready than Schneider, who has missed considerable time
3. He has a way better track record and more experience than Schneider in the playoffs
4. He is our healthiest goalie
5. He stepped in for the last 2 games of the season with chances to finish the season with wins but coaches and teammates hung him out to dry. He deserves some respect.
6. He has dealt with a lot off the ice this year out of his control at the hands of management. He deserves the respect in his last go with the Nucks. If the ship sinks, let our former captain go down with it at the helm, not on the bench. We can burn into our memories his class, and his talent as we watch him make ridiculous saves all the way to another post-season crumble from factors beyond his control. (no scoring)
7. Most importantly, He gives us the best chance of winning.

Edited by youngdad, 04 May 2013 - 01:39 AM.

#2 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

POPULAR

No he doesn't.

Schneider played better when he had to carry his share of the team. Atleast Kesler scored, when Schneider had to carry his part of the team he went 1-0 2-1

5. He let in 16 goals in 4 games, you want that goalie?

Edited by Datsyuk's hands, 04 May 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#3 Ryan kesler the beast

Ryan kesler the beast

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:40 AM

POPULAR

All I know is goaltending is not the problem because Lou has been outstanding keeping us in the games early making amazing saves for us to even have a chance
Posted Image
Thanks VC!

#4 youngdad

youngdad

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:43 AM

All I know is goaltending is not the problem because Lou has been outstanding keeping us in the games early making amazing saves for us to even have a chance

Exactly. How do you pull Lu for Schneider after his performances in Games 1 and 2? You can't
I still think it was a crime to put Schneider in last year in the LA series after we lost a couple that weren't Lu's fault. Probably a huge part of why Lu wanted out of Van. Who can blame him? He was playing great.

#5 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

POPULAR

No he doesn't.

Schneider played better when he had to carry his share of the team. Atleast Kesler scored, when Schneider had to carry his part of the team he went 1-0 2-1

5. He let in 16 goals in 4 games, you want that goalie?

Do you even watch the games or do you just look at the stats after each game?
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#6 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

POPULAR

Luongo is leaving because is overpriced. So much for so little, with salary cap going down, you want to keep Schneider.

#7 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:46 AM

I watch the games, the one he let 7 goals in 1 game 3 games ago? Yea I watched that too.

#8 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:47 AM

Luongo is leaving because is overpriced. So much for so little, with salary cap going down, you want to keep Schneider.

It's the length more than the price. Luongo is only 1.3M more than Schneider. Hardly a price difference for just an age.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#9 PlayStation

PlayStation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,118 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Schneider may not even travel with the Canucks. We ride Luongo for the series, unless if he blows it and Schneider's ready.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#10 Plum

Plum

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,852 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:50 AM

It's the length more than the price. Luongo is only 1.3M more than Schneider. Hardly a price difference for just an age.

1.3 million is alot with the cap going down, and Schneider is better goalie so obviously we should get rid of Luongo because he is not the best.

#11 Jeaves

Jeaves

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Luongo is playing like a real team player, I have a feeling he will be our goaltender for this series, maybe even further, but I doubt he will be here next year.

Posted Image

#12 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

Exactly. How do you pull Lu for Schneider after his performances in Games 1 and 2? You can't
I still think it was a crime to put Schneider in last year in the LA series after we lost a couple that weren't Lu's fault. Probably a huge part of why Lu wanted out of Van. Who can blame him? He was playing great.

I will guarantee you that we would win with Schneider in net. You could say this is "luongos team" for the last few years but this year it is SCHNEIDERS TEAM. Luongo had 893 save percentage the first game, although he made some phenomenal saves that game he shouldn't let in 3 goals especially the couture wrister. It's just that thing with luongo letting in that untimely goal in 3rd sucking the life of the team which bothers me.

#13 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:02 AM

He deserves to start every game of the playoffs even if Cory gets healthy.
Here's why;
1. He has played great in each of the first two games.
2. He will be more game-ready than Schneider, who has missed considerable time
3. He has a way better track record and more experience than Schneider in the playoffs
4. He is our healthiest goalie
5. He stepped in for the last 2 games of the season with chances to finish the season with wins but coaches and teammates hung him out to dry. He deserves some respect.
6. He has dealt with a lot off the ice this year out of his control at the hands of management. He deserves the respect in his last go with the Nucks. If the ship sinks, let our former captain go down with it at the helm, not on the bench. We can burn into our memories his class, and his talent as we watch him make ridiculous saves all the way to another post-season crumble from factors beyond his control. (no scoring)
7. Most importantly, He gives us the best chance of winning.

Honestly, it doesn't matter who is in net for us. The players in front have to wake up because we aren't going anywhere with a pathetic defensive game.

Posted Image

#14 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,876 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

San Jose didn't have that many shots, but oh boy they had so many great opportunities, especially in the first half of the game, and salted this one away on a 2-on-1. In terms of quality, the Sharks had far better chances than the Canucks, but Luongo was the difference.

That being said it honestly doesn't matter who's in net - we're going to lose if we have one guy out of 18 scoring goals.
Posted Image

#15 a Fool

a Fool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

There's not really an argument against this

#16 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:04 AM

POPULAR

Luongo is playing like a real team player, I have a feeling he will be our goaltender for this series, maybe even further, but I doubt he will be here next year.

He won't be here next year. We just can't afford both of them with the cap going down. Although we are better off keeping both goalies and replacing Edler with one of these:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#17 Twilight Sparkle

Twilight Sparkle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:06 AM

POPULAR

don't you even go there. this board can not handle logic

azcuhg.jpg

Great now Hammer is going to choke on a cookie. Way to go Poetica. 

#18 CaNuCkSLoUiE23

CaNuCkSLoUiE23

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

You saw him crap the bed again? Ok that is all I needed to hear.

So when Jimmy Howard crapped the bed a few nights ago letting in 4 goals, most of them at the worst of times, he still won the game. Why? Because his OFFENSE bailed him out. Look at the Pens-Philly series last year. The only reason the Flyers won was because they could score. It seems like we can't.

#19 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,898 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

So when Jimmy Howard crapped the bed a few nights ago letting in 4 goals, most of them at the worst of times, he still won the game. Why? Because his OFFENSE bailed him out. Look at the Pens-Philly series last year. The only reason the Flyers won was because they could score. It seems like we can't.

They couldn't score against a 40 year old Brodeur and got bounced in the 2nd round.

#20 spook007

spook007

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:23 AM

1.3 million is alot with the cap going down, and Schneider is better goalie so obviously we should get rid of Luongo because he is not the best.

1.3 Mill not an enourmous sum. Wait a year until Schneiders contract is up, you may wish you still had Luongos contract of 5,3....

#21 eagleeyedak

eagleeyedak

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Clearly proving that The Dumb is contagious....

#22 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

You saw him crap the bed again? Ok that is all I needed to hear.

The defence infront of Luongo quit on him and AV left him in is what I saw
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#23 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:02 AM

Agreed and if he got the kind of protection the Blues, LA and Boston give their net minders we wouldn't be 2 down. 2011 all over again.
Kevin.jpg

#24 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

POPULAR

Fans like you are the reason why I hate coming on this board. It's not Luongo's fault that we lost tonight. Sure, he may have wished he had one or two goals back these past two games but honestly could you blame him? If our team can't even score more than 3 goals a night, then not even Schneider can save this team. Let's review the goals now shall we?

Couture goal: Beautiful shot. On the powerplay. Through several bodies. Nothing Luongo could've done except go into butterfly and hopefully hit him.
Boyle goal: Luongo was taken out of the play. Nothing on his part. Just a mental defensive breakdown.
Marleau goal: Hamhuis was caught watching the puck and when he tried to block the shot, it went off his foot and into the net. Had it not gone off Hamhuis, Luongo woulda had that but because it changed direction and the puck's speed and momentum slowed down, it went off Hamhuis' shin guard and into the corner of the net. Nothing Luongo could've done.

If anything, all 3 of these goals weren't Luongo's fault. Our team couldn't score. Our defense was having mental breakdowns and having sloppy outbreaks. Too much hesitation with our forwards like Henrik and Raymond hanging onto the puck instead of shooting it right away.

Thornton goal: Jam play. 1 on 2 in front of our net. Edler can only handle so many sticks in front of him and unfortunately, Luongo wasn't there quick enough to stop the puck. Again, another defensive breakdown and our team being slow as usual didn't take their man and wasn't fast to the puck.
Marleau goal: Luongo couldn't squeeze the puck enough and Marleau was the quicker skater to the puck to tap it in.
Torres goal: Blocked shot from Burns at one end leads to a 2 on 1 and Burns makes a slick pass to Torres for an easy tap in. All Luongo could do there was to get across as soon as possible and hope that Torres slid it on the ice instead of roofing it but it went top shelf.

SO really, if you break it down, Luongo can only be "blamed", and I quote, BLAMED, for only one, maybe two goals. The rest were just our players not doing their jobs and not scoring enough to bail him out.

#25 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:05 AM

if one steps back, and looks at his numbers since the last time he won they are absolutely horrid.

He hasn't won a playoff game in 2 years now.

He was not even close to the reason we lost, in the LA series, or this series.

The black and white, cold, hard, reality is, he has lost 5 playoff games in a row, with this 3 spot being his best performance.

The reason this man got a 60M contract is because he was freakishly, insanely, dominant.

His numbers and 0 wins the last 2 years say otherwise, that is not debatable.

Believe me I am cheering him on cause right now, he is our only hope.

And for us to win this series he needs to get his save% above 900 and GAA below 3 at the very least. Because we can't score!!

We all know he is way better than that, we just haven't seen it in a long long time.

If Cory is 100% healthy believe me he will play.

Edited by Noheart, 04 May 2013 - 04:06 AM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#26 Ghostdivision

Ghostdivision

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Lou has been fine, but I dont get how his absurdly loyal fan base thinks its his series and his team all of a sudden again. I know his fanbase is holding onto this dream he takes us to the cup and schneider gets traded....but we are down 2 games, not his fault at all, but that does not make it his series, he is likely gone this summer and cory carried the lions share most of the season to get us in the 3rd seed spot into playoffs. If our number 1 and team mvp is fine, he will likely play. If he is not healthy or even a question mark, lou will continue to play and he will also be a good option.

Now if lou had won tonight, I would say no way would av change anything.

Edited by Ghostdivision, 04 May 2013 - 04:29 AM.

#27 BigRedMachine

BigRedMachine

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:16 AM

GOALTENDING IS NOT OUR PROBLEM.

#28 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,115 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:17 AM

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#29 bolt

bolt

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:38 AM

Schneider only has 1 year left on his $4 million contract until he's a ufa. Probably will ask 6.5-7 if he continues to progress

#30 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,694 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:46 AM

And in two seasons when CS's contract must be renewed, he is going to walk because he will want more than RL money.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.