The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's net, Luongo's team.

youngdad

luongo is supposed to be a goalie who can steal a game or two or even a series he has stolen us 0 games so far ... ask jonthan quick what it means to make a bunch of great saves only to let in a softie for the loss .. luongo had the chance last game to steal us the game and also had some luck and still let in a back breaking softie sure we didnt get the puck out . hes had 6 GA in the series so far and 3 of them were on the soft side you cant let in soft goals and win unless you are ridiculously stacked like pittsburg and even they are having a hard time. with the islanders. quick has stolen 1 game for LA elliot has stolen 2 games for st louis anderson stole game 1 for ottawa , price stole game 2 for montreal ... holtby has played unreal for washington. JR shut the door on boston last game.... in all these wins their has been 0 soft goals against and luong has had 1 in each game while the game was either tied or a 1 goal difference late in games and thoes are back breakers.

I will guarantee you that we would win with Schneider in net. You could say this is "luongos team" for the last few years but this year it is SCHNEIDERS TEAM. Luongo had 893 save percentage the first game, although he made some phenomenal saves that game he shouldn't let in 3 goals especially the couture wrister. It's just that thing with luongo letting in that untimely goal in 3rd sucking the life of the team which bothers me.

Dumbest thing I've read in a long time, which is saying a lot since I read these boards. There is nothing even remotely objective about that sentence. How can you guarantee that Schneids makes all the same big saves Luongo did? Chances are with the large number of great saves Luongo had to make, that Schneids lets in a different set of goals.

I realize you like Schneider, probably more than is appropriate, but that is no excuse for saying something THAT stupid.

Well, the last two games Luongo has given the Canucks a better chance to win than Fleury has given the Pens. The difference is they can score four or five goals if necessary and bail out his shoddy goaltending. We're lucky to get two. If Luongo lets a sloppy goal in, game over, there's zero room for error and it's incredibly tough to play like that.

Archived