The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo's net, Luongo's team.

youngdad

if one steps back, and looks at his numbers since the last time he won they are absolutely horrid.

He hasn't won a playoff game in 2 years now.

He was not even close to the reason we lost, in the LA series, or this series.

The black and white, cold, hard, reality is, he has lost 5 playoff games in a row, with this 3 spot being his best performance.

The reason this man got a 60M contract is because he was freakishly, insanely, dominant.

His numbers and 0 wins the last 2 years say otherwise, that is not debatable.

Believe me I am cheering him on cause right now, he is our only hope.

And for us to win this series he needs to get his save% above 900 and GAA below 3 at the very least. Because we can't score!!

We all know he is way better than that, we just haven't seen it in a long long time.

If Cory is 100% healthy believe me he will play.

Lou has been fine, but I dont get how his absurdly loyal fan base thinks its his series and his team all of a sudden again. I know his fanbase is holding onto this dream he takes us to the cup and schneider gets traded....but we are down 2 games, not his fault at all, but that does not make it his series, he is likely gone this summer and cory carried the lions share most of the season to get us in the 3rd seed spot into playoffs. If our number 1 and team mvp is fine, he will likely play. If he is not healthy or even a question mark, lou will continue to play and he will also be a good option.

Now if lou had won tonight, I would say no way would av change anything.

Lou has been fine, but I dont get how his absurdly loyal fan base thinks its his series and his team all of a sudden again. I know his fanbase is holding onto this dream he takes us to the cup and schneider gets traded....but we are down 2 games, not his fault at all, but that does not make it his series, he is likely gone this summer and cory carried the lions share most of the season to get us in the 3rd seed spot into playoffs. If our number 1 and team mvp is fine, he will likely play. If he is not healthy or even a question mark, lou will continue to play and he will also be a good option.

Now if lou had won tonight, I would say no way would av change anything.

If Hansen scores the empty netter we most likely win the game by a 3-1 score and Luongo looks terrific, but that's not how it went.

I am no longer a 'Luongo guy' and haven't been for quite a long time, but he gave this team a damn good chance to win the game and that's pretty much all you can ask of him. Luongo and Kesler were the only guys who really showed up for the game and no team will beat the Sharks when only 2 guys are willing to put up a good fight.

If Luongo continues to play like he has these last 2 games he can keep the net as far as I'm concerned, and I'm a 'Schneider guy'.

Another ugly Lu goal at the wrong time in the playoffs. Seen that pic too many times before.

Game one, 2 goal mouth goals along the ice. Lu has to stop diving fishing for rebounds exposing mega room along the goal line and should instead stay cool and use his big body to cover the lower part of the net. Let the defense try to clear the puck. Gets beat high up in close no sweat.

If Hansen scores the empty netter we most likely win the game by a 3-1 score and Luongo looks terrific, but that's not how it went.

I am no longer a 'Luongo guy' and haven't been for quite a long time, but he gave this team a damn good chance to win the game and that's pretty much all you can ask of him. Luongo and Kesler were the only guys who really showed up for the game and no team will beat the Sharks when only 2 guys are willing to put up a good fight.

If Luongo continues to play like he has these last 2 games he can keep the net as far as I'm concerned, and I'm a 'Schneider guy'.

Fans like you are the reason why I hate coming on this board. It's not Luongo's fault that we lost tonight. Sure, he may have wished he had one or two goals back these past two games but honestly could you blame him? If our team can't even score more than 3 goals a night, then not even Schneider can save this team. Let's review the goals now shall we?

Couture goal: Beautiful shot. On the powerplay. Through several bodies. Nothing Luongo could've done except go into butterfly and hopefully hit him.

Boyle goal: Luongo was taken out of the play. Nothing on his part. Just a mental defensive breakdown.

Marleau goal: Hamhuis was caught watching the puck and when he tried to block the shot, it went off his foot and into the net. Had it not gone off Hamhuis, Luongo woulda had that but because it changed direction and the puck's speed and momentum slowed down, it went off Hamhuis' shin guard and into the corner of the net. Nothing Luongo could've done.

If anything, all 3 of these goals weren't Luongo's fault. Our team couldn't score. Our defense was having mental breakdowns and having sloppy outbreaks. Too much hesitation with our forwards like Henrik and Raymond hanging onto the puck instead of shooting it right away.

Thornton goal: Jam play. 1 on 2 in front of our net. Edler can only handle so many sticks in front of him and unfortunately, Luongo wasn't there quick enough to stop the puck. Again, another defensive breakdown and our team being slow as usual didn't take their man and wasn't fast to the puck.

Marleau goal: Luongo couldn't squeeze the puck enough and Marleau was the quicker skater to the puck to tap it in.

Torres goal: Blocked shot from Burns at one end leads to a 2 on 1 and Burns makes a slick pass to Torres for an easy tap in. All Luongo could do there was to get across as soon as possible and hope that Torres slid it on the ice instead of roofing it but it went top shelf.

SO really, if you break it down, Luongo can only be "blamed", and I quote, BLAMED, for only one, maybe two goals. The rest were just our players not doing their jobs and not scoring enough to bail him out.

Archived