Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Luongo's net, Luongo's team.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
141 replies to this topic

#121 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,848 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Why do people keep bringing up goaltending? It's not the issue in this series...It's the team in front. Whoever is in net will give us world class goaltending.

This

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#122 yabadabadoo

yabadabadoo

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:30 PM

Schneider only has 1 year left on his $4 million contract until he's a ufa. Probably will ask 6.5-7 if he continues to progress

Ahhhh no...two more years left on his contract. You might want to improve your research there.

#123 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

Well, the last two games Luongo has given the Canucks a better chance to win than Fleury has given the Pens. The difference is they can score four or five goals if necessary and bail out his shoddy goaltending. We're lucky to get two. If Luongo lets a sloppy goal in, game over, there's zero room for error and it's incredibly tough to play like that.

You make a lot of sense as you always do, but that's just not our team, we are a defend the lead, extend the lead with a powerplay team relying heavily on elite goaltending.

We will never be able to score like the Pens or Islanders, we just don't have the bodies to do that.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#124 woodywoodman

woodywoodman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:57 PM

Putting Cory in net is AV grasping at straws to keep his job. If Cory steals a game, it makes AV look like a hero. But this may be too little too late. Maybe the 2 Swedes will wake up tonight, because they have been invisible. And keep Edler off the first powerplay, Garrison and Hamhuis are clearly better options.

#125 sam13371337

sam13371337

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,950 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:03 PM

schneids team now...

heres to hoping we never ever see lui playing in a canucks uniform again. (anyone hoping to see him, pretty much wants the canucks to fail at this point)

very little margin of error at this point
Fire MG

#126 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:21 PM

The more I watch the more I feel that no matter how all the numbers crunch positively on paper with the salary cap going down and whatnot...

This team is ready to go downhill as soon as Lui is gone.

Why? Karma.

#127 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

Exactly. How do you pull Lu for Schneider after his performances in Games 1 and 2? You can't
I still think it was a crime to put Schneider in last year in the LA series after we lost a couple that weren't Lu's fault. Probably a huge part of why Lu wanted out of Van. Who can blame him? He was playing great.

because the tying goal would of never got thru shneider....
Posted Image

#128 poetica

poetica

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,916 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

because the tying goal would of never got thru shneider....

Except when it does. Remember the 2 games he was pulled in during this season?

Expecting Cory to be perfect will only lead to the same disappointment you feel with Luo.
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#129 Cheery1

Cheery1

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:53 PM

LU has been a damn fine goalie...If the team could perhaps SCORE a few points it would certainly help...I hate what AV said today that CS would have started the series if he had been OK..how terrible does that make LU feel? AV..you're a big jerk.....

#130 Cheery1

Cheery1

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 05:57 PM

Oh...and put Kassinator back on the line with the Sedins.....I was sitting next to a Red Wing fan at the Ducks game a few days back..he said the Canucks don't hit and don't score..they play "nice" hockey..as opposed to the Bruins or St. Louis..perhaps we should encourage Gillis and AV to get a few more players like Torres and Marchand...Bruisers....and players that show some aggressive attitude on the ice...

#131 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

The more I watch the more I feel that no matter how all the numbers crunch positively on paper with the salary cap going down and whatnot...

This team is ready to go downhill as soon as Lui is gone.

Why? Karma.

The hockey gods are clearly furious with how Vancouver has treated Luongo. Seriously, I can't believe we're gonna move our franchise goaltender over a cone like Edler.

I love you Lui! Best of luck with your career. You deserve the best for how great you've been.

#132 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:37 PM

double

Edited by JelloIce, 05 May 2013 - 10:46 PM.

#133 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:38 PM

triple. connection ain't great :(

Edited by JelloIce, 05 May 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#134 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,320 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Luongo has been the only good Canuck this entire playoffs. Our most consistent player, best clutch player and he's on the bench to start the game.

AV and Canuck fans, you deserve this for the way you've treated Lu. You wanted Schneider to start, you got it.

Mark my words, if Luongo is traded this team isn't making the playoffs next season. He's the only reason this team is winning the NW division. As soon as the Luongo era ends, so does the Canucks contending streak.
Posted Image

#135 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:45 PM

I look like such a donkey a$$ that all I can do is laugh and say

I'm a retard

Anyway

Go Sens
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#136 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

No he doesn't.

Schneider played better when he had to carry his share of the team. Atleast Kesler scored, when Schneider had to carry his part of the team he went 1-0 2-1

5. He let in 16 goals in 4 games, you want that goalie?

hindsight is 20/20

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#137 canucks_qc

canucks_qc

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

You make a lot of sense as you always do, but that's just not our team, we are a defend the lead, extend the lead with a powerplay team relying heavily on elite goaltending.

We will never be able to score like the Pens or Islanders, we just don't have the bodies to do that.

When the scoreboard say 0 - 0 do we defend the lead? To defend the lead we have to score goals, until then we will defend the tie.

We have more than we think in common with ''Le Canadien de Montréal''

Both have logo shapped in ''C''

Canadien and Canucks mean the samething

We both hate the Boston Bruins now

Alain Vigneault coached both teams

Rogers Arena, Centre Bell, it's phones company

We are blue white and green they are blue white and red

Our #1 goalie is from Qc, their #1 goalie is from BC

But we have one important thing different and I hope it will change after the next season, we don't have Stanley Cup banner

#138 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

When the scoreboard say 0 - 0 do we defend the lead? To defend the lead we have to score goals, until then we will defend the tie.

Don't take anything I say seriously cause I am a idiot

Seriously

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#139 24K PureCool

24K PureCool

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:25 PM

There is only two ways we can look at this goalie situation. If we want to win now and take the risk of sucking like the flames, we trade schneider for something we need now. Schneid probably still need a few seasons until he can handle the pressure and be really consistent. If we enter rebuild mode, small or large, we trade Luongo for prospects and have a new core that can grow and develope with Schneid.

#140 JelloIce

JelloIce

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:49 PM

Luongo has been the only good Canuck this entire playoffs. Our most consistent player, best clutch player and he's on the bench to start the game.

AV and Canuck fans, you deserve this for the way you've treated Lu. You wanted Schneider to start, you got it.

Mark my words, if Luongo is traded this team isn't making the playoffs next season. He's the only reason this team is winning the NW division. As soon as the Luongo era ends, so does the Canucks contending streak.

As much as I don't wanna agree with you, I agree with you.

#141 canadaguy_25

canadaguy_25

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:16 AM

There is only two ways we can look at this goalie situation. If we want to win now and take the risk of sucking like the flames, we trade schneider for something we need now. Schneid probably still need a few seasons until he can handle the pressure and be really consistent. If we enter rebuild mode, small or large, we trade Luongo for prospects and have a new core that can grow and develope with Schneid.

You're missing the point! Trading Luongo brings us mid level picks and prospects. That's not an improvement. Management needs to decide whether we are a win now team or a win in a few years team. The inability to make that decision is why we have two number 1 goalies and why MG will likely be canned.

#142 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:18 AM

This thread has more plot twists than a Quinton Tarantino flick.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.