Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

six-0h-four-

The future of the Vancouver Canucks pending another 1st round exit

47 posts in this topic

I believe if we need to make some changes on the roster. Overhaul Philly Flyers style. Trade Edler, Raymond, Bieksa, as his coverage sucked crap on that 2 on1, despite Edlers screw up. Flame me for all I care, but I would do Edler straight up for Ehrhoff right now!

the future of this team is a return to the 80's.

It is almost fitting that we are going back to a similar divisional alignment as was in place then.

we are going return to being the oilers whipping boy and are going to be looking up at them in the standings as we find ourselves outside of the playoffs looking in year after year. we might get to play for the cup again in another 15 years but it seems that the number of years between cup appearances for us has been increasing rather than decreasing.

The only rebuild we need is to get rid of AV and ship him with Ebbett to a remote island. Where they'll later be joined by Aaron Rome and Jeff Cowen. AV will be satisfied

I believe if we need to make some changes on the roster. Overhaul Philly Flyers style. Trade Edler, Raymond, Bieksa, as his coverage sucked crap on that 2 on1, despite Edlers screw up. Flame me for all I care, but I would do Edler straight up for Ehrhoff right now!

Let's trade for Salo B)

MAKE IT HAPPEN GILLIS :towel::towel::towel:

series isn't over go watch baseball

Gillis should get the frack out of here and given the boot as well. He is also responsible for much of this mess (letting key contributors walk or traded away for players who had not worked out here at all). A lot of money is tied up in large contracts that simply are not very good.

If you look at how this money is being spent compared to the playoff performance on the ice, it is enough to make the owners very unhappy hopefully.

Losing 6 straight home playoff games in a row is a ???? embarrassment. The owners will kick out AV and Gillis, guarantee that.

Why can't we fire the coach during the playoffs? Though I agree that we won't, we should!

At this point it doesn't really matter. It's not like av is doing anything to guide them anyway, so why not just get pat oneill to just govern the line changes and let the players play? Sink or swim, just let them play.

what the canucks need to do is integrate their young players into core roles and FORCE the veterans to teach and carry them.

Look at Chicago, they put Saad up with toews/kane and left him there all year, the kid had bad games, bad weeks, but they stuck with him and he learned and evolved. What that allowed them to do was create a more dangerous 2nd line and by extension 3rd line. "balance" is the name of the game in the nhl now.

what the canucks need to do is integrate their young players into core roles and FORCE the veterans to teach and carry them.

Look at Chicago, they put Saad up with toews/kane and left him there all year, the kid had bad games, bad weeks, but they stuck with him and he learned and evolved. What that allowed them to do was create a more dangerous 2nd line and by extension 3rd line. "balance" is the name of the game in the nhl now.

Hard to trade our core when they all have NTCs, that's what hampering ourselves from making trades, the only players other teams want aren't moveable

AV has to go. He's a good coach, but it's quite clear that he's overstayed his welcome.

We need a resurgence of something. This group is getting stale.

Start bringing up youth and try and compete for the SC in a couple of years.

Jensen, Corrado, Tanev, Schroeder, Gaunce should all be in the line up next season if we get bounced in the 1st round.

Gillis should get the frack out of here and given the boot as well. He is also responsible for much of this mess (letting key contributors walk or traded away for players who had not worked out here at all). A lot of money is tied up in large contracts that simply are not very good.

If you look at how this money is being spent compared to the playoff performance on the ice, it is enough to make the owners very unhappy hopefully.

Losing 6 straight home playoff games in a row is a ???? embarrassment. The owners will kick out AV and Gillis, guarantee that.