Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vcrguy

Am I the only one who blames MG more than AV?

51 posts in this topic

I'm with you OP.

Samuelson (30 goal scorer for us) was replaced by a 1 goal scoring terrible contract

Grabner (and a pick) was replaced by a healthy scratch with a terrible contract

Erhoff was never replaced

Torres was never replaced

Hodgson our best young player was given away for nothing

What is AV supposed to do with that?

But you'll get no love on these forums OP. It's filled with knuckle draggers that still think Kassian is amazing and when their favorite players don't produce it's because of the coach.

Burrows overpaid? You've got to be kidding me.... This guy took a home town discount for so many years and you're saying he doesn't deserve the money he's getting right now playing on our top line and top pk.

Sammuelsson has played exactly 4 games this year. Yeah we really lost out.

Ehrhoff has been replaced by Garrison, an upgrade IMO.

Not going to go through the rest, cause you should have just given your crystal ball to MG before he made those moves, because your really only going off hindsight here.

I didn't say we should keep Sammuelson, I'm saying his goals haven't been replaced.

Salo was replaced by Garrison, not Erhoff.

I think both MG and AV have made some stupid decisions. AV has to work with what MG gives him. MG made a huge mistake letting Salo, Erhoff, and Torres walk. I was fine with the Cody trade, but that's because I couldn't stand that kid and his attitude, and I get such a kick out of Kassian, he's a great fit for the team.

I'd like to see MG go before AV.

I think both MG and AV have made some stupid decisions. AV has to work with what MG gives him. MG made a huge mistake letting Salo, Erhoff, and Torres walk. I was fine with the Cody trade, but that's because I couldn't stand that kid and his attitude, and I get such a kick out of Kassian, he's a great fit for the team.

I'd like to see MG go before AV.

MG has made some bad decisions for sure.

Which earth shattering trade has MG made to make the team better. AV can only rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic so often. The Cap is over subscribed for next season with only 17 player signed. The prospects are at least a couple of years away and the list of 2013 FA's is extremely poor. I believe, right or wrong that there are not a lot of GM's that will do business with MG.

You really want to trade Kassian after we traded Hodgson for him? Trading Kassian at this point is taking a step back.

Kassian still plays like a rookie, I wouldn't mind seeing more rookies next year especially Gaunce and Jensen, since we are officially in rebuild mode.

No you're not.

Gillis needed to add at least two players at the deadline. A center for the third line that he wasn't able to get in the offseason. And a winger to replace the scoring, or lack thereof, that Booth brought.

He goes out and gets Roy, which I liked. But we really needed a player like him at the beginning of the season so that he had time to build chemistry. Now he's being flipped all around the lineup, and he's not producing at all.

I think getting Torres or Clowe would have put us over the top, but now we're struggling trying to find chemistry, while only having three lines that can play.

Man don't hang the future of the team on Gaunce and Jensen. They're both likely 2 years away. Did you actually watch Jensen when he came up for a couple, he looked inexperienced because he is inexperienced and Gaunce still has a year of junior left....and he ain't no Crosby , Hall or RNH.

Unless folks haven't noticed the Canucks have 17 players signed for next season and are over subscribed with the Cap.

I can see the post season comments from MG already well Schneider would have made the difference, it's not my fault yaddah yaddah yaddah

Man don't hang the future of the team on Gaunce and Jensen. They're both likely 2 years away. Did you actually watch Jensen when he came up for a couple, he looked inexperienced because he is inexperienced and Gaunce still has a year of junior left....and he ain't no Crosby , Hall or RNH.

Unless folks haven't noticed the Canucks have 17 players signed for next season and are over subscribed with the Cap.

I can see the post season comments from MG already well Schneider would have made the difference, it's not my fault yaddah yaddah yaddah

You have $9-10M in assets NOT playing between Schneider/Luongo and Ballard.

That's like setting the salary cap at $64M for every other team and $54M for the Canucks. You have an owner who's happy to spend the money and yet you waste it on assets that don't help/play.

Other obvious mistakes / problems:

1. Burrows is wayyyyyyyy overpaid.

2. Make a trade next year to help the team! Every other GM manages to do it. Don't over value your players. Assess their real value and just make a trade to shake up the team.

3. Admit mistakes and move on. If Kassian is really this future gem, then lets trade him for something that will help now. Our window is closing. In two years we'll be the Calgary Flames of 3 or 4 years ago. Barely good enough to get into the playoffs with no hope of winning even if we get there.

4. Booth.............need I say more.

5. Letting key players walk: Torres, Ehrhoff, Ohlund, Salo yet paying others way over market to come / stay here.

6. Sticking with a coach that isn't on the same level as you. If Kassian is as good as you think he is, why is he playing on the fourth line? It seems the players MG brings in don't fit with the way AV wants to play.

Are the above comments fair or am I just losing my mind from the first two games of the playoffs?

MG has made a ton of good moves. Every single GM in the NHL makes mistakes, it's just part of the gig.

You have to take risks in order to move the team forward.

Both need to go and changes to the core need to be made and a GM who is not scared to do it of course thats if the owner will allow him to

You lost me at 'burrows is wayyyyyyyy overpaid'. What the hell is wrong with you? Of all the players on the Canucks roster that could be considered overpaid, you're going to go with Alexandre Burrows. You are out to lunch.

Shame when Jim Nill accepted the Dallas GM's job. To be honest I can't imagine Vcr is the top of any future GM application list

Shame when Jim Nill accepted the Dallas GM's job. To be honest I can't imagine Vcr is the top of any future GM application list