Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Who believes we can steal two in San Jose?

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#151 ey40

ey40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:10 AM

I don't care what the home record of the Sharks was, but regular season stats mean crap in the playoffs. So......
YES WE CAN!!!

#152 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

I think we do, then SJ wins in game 5

We win game 6

We win game 7

Canucks over Anaheim in 7

Canucks over Chicago in 7

Pittsburg over Van in 6

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#153 JasetheCanuck

JasetheCanuck

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:13 AM

the Canucks had them on their heels for most of Game Two. carry over that momentum, and i don't care what team and what home record the opponents have, Vancouver will be able to win.

Posted Image

Ebbett is as useful as a North Korean ballot box.

#154 Cynrgee

Cynrgee

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Win, win, win. Losing is not an option.
Trying to be positive so we can get through this SJ mess and move on to bigger and better things.

EVERY Canuck has to do their job on the ice tonite.
Posted Image
Thanks to Vintage Canuck for the sig.

#155 cyacry

cyacry

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:39 AM

the Canucks had them on their heels for most of Game Two. carry over that momentum, and i don't care what team and what home record the opponents have, Vancouver will be able to win.

But do you know what hurts the momentum? Despite doing so well in game 2, we still lost. Watch it kill the momentum completely in game 3.

#156 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,173 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:04 AM

Kesler and Lu almost stole a game by themselves.

If the whole team gets going, we should be able to get right back in this series

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#157 hockeyfan-observer

hockeyfan-observer

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hope I am wrong, but I think it will be a sweep 4-0. Reason:

SJ is better at home than on the road - they had the "weakest" road record of any team in the west. The Canucks clearly should have won the game yesterday, no doubt - but sometimes outplaying someone does not guarantee the right result. Maybe, the same thing happens tomorrow and Canucks are clearly outplayed and steal one, but I do expect SJ will play their strongest game in the series and hit the same as the Canucks did to them. With 2 game buffer, they'll play more relax.

I remember STL got sweeped by the Canucks few years back but each game was CLOSE with little to give and the same thing can happen in this series so no big deal. Hopefully, the opposite happens or there will be major changes coming this summer. Good luck anyway.

#158 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

not sure if we can even win 2 period let alone 2 in SJ.
all i know is they have to win sunday.

#159 RobberLuongo

RobberLuongo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

IF BOSTON CAN DO IT, SO CAN WE!

Except Boston lost the first 2 games on the road, not at home...
"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city"

#1 Roberto Luongo

#160 Buckeye Fruit

Buckeye Fruit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

<--------- THIS GUY!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!
<p>Posted Image GO FALCONS!

#161 RMP2008

RMP2008

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:15 AM

Except Boston lost the first 2 games on the road, not at home...

Actually, quite incorrect. Boston lost the first 2 at TD Garden. Montreal lost the next 2 at home. Boston won Game 5 at home to go up 3-2. Montreal won Game 6 to tie the series the same night that we eliminated the Hawks, April 26, 2011, in Montreal and then Montreal lost Game 7 in OT in Boston.

Edited by RMP2008, 05 May 2013 - 02:17 AM.

#162 Dubai 'Nucklehead

Dubai 'Nucklehead

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

For them to get the 2 wins in SJ and then go on to win the series, they need to turn the clock back a couple of seasons.

This season and most of last is a better indicator of what these guys will likely achieve. Inconsistent play and very little offensive punch.

So, as much as I wanna be proven wrong, I don't see this going more than 5 games.

#163 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:28 AM

I'd take a split, then hope they choke.......
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#164 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,637 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:46 AM

I did pick the Canucks to take the Sharks in 6...but losing the first two games on home ice really put them behind the 8 ball...If I had to bet on it,I would say they win one in the "Tank"......The Sharks look very confident right now..It "seems" like they are destined to win the series.

#165 canso

canso

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:27 AM

i think if you're being realistic what you need to look at is this:

we need to win 4 of the next 5 games.

i think it's bloody unlikely, but it's not over 'til it's over. momentum can shift at a moment's notice in the playoffs, for example i remember the first and last series of 2011 totally changing direction after injurious hits. it was palpable, you could just feel the momentum change directions. with torres on the ice such a hit is never far away :lol:

comparisons to boston in '11 may be a consolation to some, but you'll find far more examples of teams failing to come back from 2-0 than teams coming back. boston's achievements is '11 mean nothing for us, realistically speaking.

the least i want to see is good hockey. if they keep playing like yesterday we should at least come away with a win or two and know that the best team won in a good series. if they improve on last game or if the sharks stumble (and it's true what someone pointed out- the sharks are probably the only other team as likely to choke as our boys) maybe we can get to game 7 and then who knows.

#166 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

They certainly exposed who the Sedins really are

Everyone but kesler has been exposed on this team at some point or another lol even he isn't consistent as everyone would like him to be since he's just so injury prone.

#167 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Schneider in - he is our MVP this year. Lu played great but he is not saving games in the 3rd like Schneider ?

Ballard in - Alberts can't possibly score or set up players to score. Ballard moves puck better.

Schroeder in - try something!

Sedins will show up tonight...

Tonight is the series! Win tonight and we could still take the series. Lose and it's over...

#168 TimberWolf

TimberWolf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,552 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:42 AM

Want to and hope we do? Absolutely

But we're hosed, sorry. Even Keslers best game in 2 years couln't save it. Not when you have the three stooges behind the bench.

I was saying Lu-Urns...

star-wars-hockey-goal.gif?w=284

#169 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,929 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Possible,not probable.

#170 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

I sure do! This series is a long way from being over. I have a feeling the puck is going to start finding the back of the Sharks net down in San Jose. Really looking forward to the game on Sunday as the Nucks are going to give a us all a show!! :)

GO CANUCKS GO!! :towel:

I'm with you. Some of the so called negative posts are not negative, just the truth. I do have the faith they can do it. The truth is, with this group and coaching, they won't make it. It's best they don't for their own sake.

#171 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

I think the Canucks are still very much in this series. It really depends on if the Sedins show up.

Also - I really like how Kesler played the last game. Hopefully we see more of that tonight.
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#172 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Thank you for that, that was seriously refreshing with all the negative nancies around here

#173 Drakrami

Drakrami

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:08 AM

hell yeah

go canucks

#174 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:15 AM

Anything's possible, but don't hold your breath!

#175 Argon

Argon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:21 AM

canucks lost two at home with the linematching going their way. I can't see it happening.

the best thing for this team is for them to be swept, then the major changes that need to happen will be made
Posted Image

Yo Yo you cant see me anyway what i dont need to writing skills to act cool i got froobacks and steel chains to act cool i lead the new school. Iam untochable this wont be a fight ill walk away with your mic and make you suck your own tailpipe

#176 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:25 AM

I'm going to stick to one game at a time. Let's win Game 3 and then talk about Game 4.
Posted Image

#177 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:32 AM

You never know, the league is hell-bent on synthesizing parity so maybe the refs will let us back in this series. Obviously not too much though, because we all know that us getting into the second round is not on their agenda. You know this is true.

#178 TheLiveWire

TheLiveWire

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 729 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:36 AM

We may have lost 2 in a row, but each game we were right there with them the whole way. Even with the underperformance. Just need a little more umph, and we can take it. It's going to be tough, but that never stopped us before. Canucks turn up!

#179 WiseOne

WiseOne

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:37 AM

I did like the Canucks better in game 2, and if they are hungry enough, they can win game 3. Winning both though is a tall order. Part of the problem is that they shouldn't have fallen behind in the first place. The Sedins need to start scoring. Many are applauding Luongo, and he did make some good save in game 2, however even the saves he makes he always seems to leave so much open net. I think in game 2 he was very lucky.. Plus he obviously has to work on shots that go between the legs. Good luck Canucks, the season is in your hands tonight!

Edited by WiseOne, 05 May 2013 - 10:38 AM.

Posted Image 

#180 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,843 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:48 AM

Can't believe people give up on their team so easily. Need to look at the big picture. If the Nucks get a win tonight, then it's 2-1, which puts them right back in it. This would give them some confidence and change the momentum; which in turn can bring the good bounces and puck luck.

One game at a time, boys. Get 'er done!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.