Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Who believes we can steal two in San Jose?

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#181 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:51 AM

Except Boston lost the first 2 games on the road, not at home...

Incorrect. Boston lost two at home to Montreal.
Posted Image

#182 Deadweed

Deadweed

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

Can't believe people give up on their team so easily. Need to look at the big picture. If the Nucks get a win tonight, then it's 2-1, which puts them right back in it. This would give them some confidence and change the momentum; which in turn can bring the good bounces and puck luck.

One game at a time, boys. Get 'er done!

Just being objective and realistic.
lf our boys didn't get ONE win at home,
what more can you expect in the enemy territory where the Sharks have been stellar this year.

Our season is over.
AV and MG's tenure are over.

#183 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

This is a perfect example of what I have been "ranting" about in other threads...2 losses and the "rats" (so called band-wagon fans) abandon ship. If you think that the negative energy and fickle disloyal fanship doesn't affect the team one little bit, well, don't believe me...believe what your (sorry I meant our) Captain had to say: "Every time we are down in a series, no one believes in us," captain Henrik Sedin said Saturday. "This is a city where if you win a playoff game, everyone is happy. If you lose one or two, no one is going to believe in you. … We have to believe in ourselves and do the same thing tomorrow to give ourselves a chance."

#184 kylebroadziak

kylebroadziak

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:59 AM

Canucks in 7

#185 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

Just being objective and realistic.
lf our boys didn't get ONE win at home,
what more can you expect in the enemy territory where the Sharks have been stellar this year.

Our season is over.
AV and MG's tenure are over.

How come when the Nucks won the Pres. Trophy all I heard was 'regular season doesn't matter?'
Now the Sharks are definitely winning on home ice, because that's what happened during the regular season.

I guess you won't be watching the next to games, as it would certainly be a waste of your time seeing as you already know the outcome.

It hurts to see our team lose, I know. One has to be strong to believe; even when the odds are against us.

Enjoy your night off from hockey!

#186 Deadweed

Deadweed

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

This is a perfect example of what I have been "ranting" about in other threads...2 losses and the "rats" (so called band-wagon fans) abandon ship. If you think that the negative energy and fickle disloyal fanship doesn't affect the team one little bit, well, don't believe me...believe what your (sorry I meant our) Captain had to say: "Every time we are down in a series, no one believes in us," captain Henrik Sedin said Saturday. "This is a city where if you win a playoff game, everyone is happy. If you lose one or two, no one is going to believe in you. … We have to believe in ourselves and do the same thing tomorrow to give ourselves a chance."

You don't lose objectivity by being a 'fan'.

#187 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:02 AM

This is a perfect example of what I have been "ranting" about in other threads...2 losses and the "rats" (so called band-wagon fans) abandon ship. If you think that the negative energy and fickle disloyal fanship doesn't affect the team one little bit, well, don't believe me...believe what your (sorry I meant our) Captain had to say: "Every time we are down in a series, no one believes in us," captain Henrik Sedin said Saturday. "This is a city where if you win a playoff game, everyone is happy. If you lose one or two, no one is going to believe in you. We have to believe in ourselves and do the same thing tomorrow to give ourselves a chance."

Yah that was sad. And everyone ripped him for just speaking his mind. I don't know who would ever want to play here. :sadno:

Edited by pimpcurtly, 05 May 2013 - 11:05 AM.

Posted Image

#188 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

This quote is pathetically sad for this fan base. So willing to trash the team and give up. What a fickle bunch.

#189 Deadweed

Deadweed

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:04 AM

How come when the Nucks won the Pres. Trophy all I heard was 'regular season doesn't matter?'
Now the Sharks are definitely winning on home ice, because that's what happened during the regular season.

I guess you won't be watching the next to games, as it would certainly be a waste of your time seeing as you already know the outcome.

It hurts to see our team lose, I know. One has to be strong to believe; even when the odds are against us.

Enjoy your night off from hockey!

We are just referencing the regular season record here because we are looking at trends.
Regular season wins doesn't matter in the playoffs,
but we can forecast the outcome by looking at the trends, habits, and results based off them.

#190 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:26 AM

I Believe!!!!

We

WILL

WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#191 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Most of you dumbass fans don't deserve a team like this and I wish you were all in Florida!

#192 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:36 AM

We are just referencing the regular season record here because we are looking at trends.
Regular season wins doesn't matter in the playoffs,
but we can forecast the outcome by looking at the trends, habits, and results based off them.

The forecasting power of regular season is extremely weak.. not only it involves team builds (players) that have changed, but this is an unpredictable game with all the bounces and marginal calls and momentum that change a whole game. Of all the sports that I've watched, hockey is the least predictable of them all.

#193 westvandude

westvandude

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

This quote is pathetically sad for this fan base. So willing to trash the team and give up. What a fickle bunch.

They should use that as extra fuel and motivation to go and win. They have lost 7 of last 8 playoff games, so fans are understandably pessimistic. They should prove the fans wrong.

That said, I'm in the camp of "it's over when we lose 4", and truly believe that we still have a good shot at winning this series. Canucks have the potential, and they showed it in game 2. Just need them to show up like that for the rest of the series.

#194 VanIsleNuckFan

VanIsleNuckFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,687 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

They should use that as extra fuel and motivation to go and win. They have lost 7 of last 8 playoff games, so fans are understandably pessimistic. They should prove the fans wrong.

That said, I'm in the camp of "it's over when we lose 4", and truly believe that we still have a good shot at winning this series. Canucks have the potential, and they showed it in game 2. Just need them to show up like that for the rest of the series.

Honestly its much simpler than that... Go Canucks <-------------------- This

#195 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:00 PM

Yes, considering sharks team aren't that good on paper

#196 Canuck hero

Canuck hero

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

WE WILL STEAL AT LEAST ONE GAME IN MY MIND THEN WE GO HOME AND TAKE ONE... BACK TO SJ AND TAKE ONE IN THEIR BARN AND COME HOME... WE GOT THIS SERIES IN SEVEN....
Posted Image

#197 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

One period at a time, our canucks will win it led by Kesler and by Luongo on the ice.

#198 VancityBeast

VancityBeast

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

Hmmm..it all depends on if the Sedins show up tonight or not. If they don't we are screwed as Kesler will pretty much be blocked by Sharks based on his last game.
Posted Image

#199 DisplacedBCfan

DisplacedBCfan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

One period at a time, our canucks will win it led by Kesler and by Luongo on the ice.

Luongo is riding the pine tonight.

#200 ~~~Fin~~~

~~~Fin~~~

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

doesn't matter if we do, they need to believe, most importantly

Siggy by Tenacious

#201 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:00 PM

Henrik, you need to shut the frack up and just give the C to Kesler.

Kesler would say " f the fans" we play for us. 😂😂. Than Django would be like 😭😭😭

Edited by Gonz, 05 May 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#202 Gonz

Gonz

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Not sure i get this "C" thing. What difference does it make as to how you play if you wear "A" or a "C". Are you saying Kesler will play better if he has a "C" on him? Some people have no common sense.

#203 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Not sure i get this "C" thing. What difference does it make as to how you play if you wear "A" or a "C". Are you saying Kesler will play better if he has a "C" on him? Some people have no common sense.

Yeah, you'd think they were in the army the way people go on about it.

#204 Kass9

Kass9

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I believe because it has been a series of bounces thus far. Canucks haven't been bad. SJS actually is a bad team, Canucks just haven't exposed their D (or lack of).

But I do no like the fact Schneider is going in cold, AV sucks.

#205 deep123

deep123

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:29 PM

you have to put sedins with kesler so the sedins can get going with the guy they play the pp with

#206 Spitfire_Spiky

Spitfire_Spiky

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 01:32 PM

While i believe we have the skill and the team that can easily steal 2 in San Jose and win the next 2 to come back and win the series it will depend on the players and if they show up ready to play. The last two games we could easily won if it wasn't for stupid mistakes and the Sharks taking advantage of them. If we come out and play smart simple mistake free hockey we can and will dominate the Sharks. With that said if the team(apart from Kesler) puts in the same effort that they have the first two games then we'll be done 4.
Mess with the Best, Die like the Rest

#207 PlayoffHockey

PlayoffHockey

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

Sedins are useless come playoff time, every year the same, the fan base with a clue knows it hence the pessissism , losing 10/12 playoff games and only scoring 19 goals in the last 14 playoff games.

3 years of excuses .

Time for gillis to either make some serious changes or be gone.
Posted ImagePosted Image

"I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I knew nothing about NHL GL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago. I was unattached to any team when I first started watching although I could easily have gone for the Philadelphia Flyers as my home team which I supported in my youth and for 20 years was the Fife Flyers."
~ Bodee

http://forum.canucks...me/page__st__30

#208 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:52 PM

Of course we can, we are the canucks! And schneider is starting. You should make this into a poll
Posted Image

#209 Alex Burrows 14

Alex Burrows 14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

I believe because it has been a series of bounces thus far. Canucks haven't been bad. SJS actually is a bad team, Canucks just haven't exposed their D (or lack of).

But I do no like the fact Schneider is going in cold, AV sucks.

You won't say that after schneider plays great and we win!
Posted Image

#210 GrogZilla

GrogZilla

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

One of the biggest reasons for my optimism going into the playoffs this year was Cory Schneider.
All year long he has kept an often anemic Canucks lineup in games they had no right to be in.
Regularly winning games singlehanded.

Now that Cory's back in net tonight, I think we can still win this series.
Luongo has played well, but Niemi has outplayed him.
Now Cory needs to come in & play like he has all year long.

The twins have been getting dumped on, but it was clear last game they were the best forwards on the ice for either team. (except for Kesler in the 2nd period)
It's about time they get on the score board tonight.

Yes I think we can steal 2 in San Jose
I'm pumped to see the game tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.