The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who believes we can steal two in San Jose?

pimpcurtly

Aside from Kesler and Luongo, this team has no backbone right now.

If we don't take a single minute off the entire 120 minutes in SJ, I'm damn sure we can beat them in their own building. But with the Canucks, heart, work ethics and drive have always been a problem, so it's hard to be glaringly optimistic.

Henrik's comments today weren't ones I wanted to hear from a Captain of a team who is down 0-2 in a series. We needed some game-changing statements a la Kesler. Hopefully they all have learned a great lesson from Kesler and come with the intensity they are very much capable of.

It's hard ruling us out to be honest. Canucks deserved that last game, but bad puck luck and boneheaded plays got the better of us.

If the Sedins awaken, then these games could be very much winnable. If not, our whole team is going to have to work a whole heck of a lot harder.

You are kidding, If the Sharks are playing any other playoff team they are down 2-0. The Sharks haven't been very good but the Canucks have been terrible. If the Canucks were playing Colorado or Florida they would still be down 2-0. If they bother to show up they have the talent to win the next 4 games but I can't see them showing up for even 1.

Do I think they will? No. Do I think its possible ? Of course, if the Twins show up and bury a few chances and Kesler can keep up that play from game 2. When he had that shift in the second period it reminded me of Messier in 94 game 6 vs jersey it was unreal. Too bad we blew the game. When Hansen missed that empty net I had a pit in my stomach and starting bellowing at the tv. Edler has to contribute like he did in the cup run hes sucking ...

Considering the way the Sharks coach tried to avoid talking about how dominant Kesler was, I'm guessing they're going to key in on stopping him.

That leaves the Sedins with a bit more room out there to operate. Quite frankly, I like our chances more if the Sedins take over a series than if Kesler does. These guys can break out - if they do (like they did in the 2011 series against the Sharks) they're toast. Our powerplay is clicking again, all it takes is a couple of powerplay goals and we're back in this series.

You gotta give credit where credit is due. I felt the Canucks have been playing with more effort but the Sharks have been playing some great defense and look more big and skilled on the puck in the offensive zone. They also got way better scoring chances than us and executed on their oppurtunities. Realistically we'd be beating Florida or Colorado don't kid yourself.

Win, win, win. Losing is not an option.

Trying to be positive so we can get through this SJ mess and move on to bigger and better things.

EVERY Canuck has to do their job on the ice tonite.

Hope I am wrong, but I think it will be a sweep 4-0. Reason:

SJ is better at home than on the road - they had the "weakest" road record of any team in the west. The Canucks clearly should have won the game yesterday, no doubt - but sometimes outplaying someone does not guarantee the right result. Maybe, the same thing happens tomorrow and Canucks are clearly outplayed and steal one, but I do expect SJ will play their strongest game in the series and hit the same as the Canucks did to them. With 2 game buffer, they'll play more relax.

I remember STL got sweeped by the Canucks few years back but each game was CLOSE with little to give and the same thing can happen in this series so no big deal. Hopefully, the opposite happens or there will be major changes coming this summer. Good luck anyway.

Archived