The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

National Rifle Association Goes Full Wacko Electing New President

Wetcoaster

Just to be clear..."Full wacko"? Is this in any way implying that David Keene was only half or three quarters wacko? :P And what is the criteria that separates one level of wacko from the next? If it goes in order of hierarchy for "wacko"...then CEO Wayne Lapierre is King Wacko....hahaha

Violence begets violence begets violence begets more violence. It's an unbroken chain of events and consequences that has been relevant since the founding of our nation..our independence. The only way to stop it is to put the guns down and talk out problems you have with people you don't agree with or who are bringing you down...what makes me weep is the fact that these kids who don't know any better than their parents are telling them are suffering because of it. You cannot hug your children with firearms...you cannot attempt to instill good wholesome values and at the same time promote dangerous practices like guns and hunting to kids before they are old enough to understand how it works. When you pull that trigger..and point it at something...it most likely dies...it never comes back...and I think that it's a piss poor parenting job done by these birdbrain adults to desensitize their children to violence at such a young age. I'm not a fan of trophy or sport hunting that doesn't entail using the carcass for meat. Every time I see the deer head on my uncle's wall I think to myself "I wonder how society would view it if I just went out and shot someone I didn't agree with...cut his head off, stuck it on my wall as a trophy and left the carcass right where I shot him"..I bet that wouldn't go over well...so why do people treat animals the same way? Takes a real big man to shoot things that have no way of fighting back. Cowards.

Violence begets violence begets violence begets more violence. It's an unbroken chain of events and consequences that has been relevant since the founding of our nation..our independence. The only way to stop it is to put the guns down and talk out problems you have with people you don't agree with or who are bringing you down...what makes me weep is the fact that these kids who don't know any better than their parents are telling them are suffering because of it. You cannot hug your children with firearms...you cannot attempt to instill good wholesome values and at the same time promote dangerous practices like guns and hunting to kids before they are old enough to understand how it works. When you pull that trigger..and point it at something...it most likely dies...it never comes back...and I think that it's a piss poor parenting job done by these birdbrain adults to desensitize their children to violence at such a young age. I'm not a fan of trophy or sport hunting that doesn't entail using the carcass for meat. Every time I see the deer head on my uncle's wall I think to myself "I wonder how society would view it if I just went out and shot someone I didn't agree with...cut his head off, stuck it on my wall as a trophy and left the carcass right where I shot him"..I bet that wouldn't go over well...so why do people treat animals the same way? Takes a real big man to shoot things that have no way of fighting back. Cowards.

Making noises does little if the other party doesn't respect your strength, bottom line. Both at the founding of the U.S. and later in the black civil rights era you had folks that got nowhere until they finally picked up the gun.

Elitist control freaks hate guns, especially militarily effective ones, in civilian hands because it one of the few factors that levels the playing field and keeps them from sooner or later pushing out to the limits of their power as human nature dictates.

As far as "cowardly hunters", its harvesting, not an urban liberal's idea of a macho contest, do you consider yourself brave for letting others produce your meat, leather and other animal products?

First of all...I don't use leather, eat meat..or use anything else that contains animal byproducts...so you're barking up the wrong tree. Regardless of what belief you harbor...the animals were here first. Our duty is to take care of them so they can proliferate and not suffer an untimely extinction. Their purpose is not to clothe us or feed us.

And FWIW I'm not an elitist control freak at all. I'm a peacenik and a pacifist and I use my words, not my bullets.

Ok fine on the animal products, but the rear world definition of pacifism usually means a coward who lets others fight their battles for them while they criticize from the rear.

And while you may not be a member of the "progessive" elite, your stance on a lot of issues seems to be in their best interests.

There have been pacificists who weren't cowards, Gandhi and MLK, however those two both ultimately had armed militants behind them even if they weren't on board with them.

The powers they opposed chose to deal with them rather than face an insurgency. Words alone only go so far.

They're no situation in human culture or indeed the animal kingdom where one isn't better off being in a position of strength, or at least equality, otherwise its all about being exploited at a whim.

There have been pacificists who weren't cowards, Gandhi and MLK, however those two both ultimately had armed militants behind them even if they weren't on board with them.

The powers they opposed chose to deal with them rather than face an insurgency. Words alone only go so far.

They're no situation in human culture or indeed the animal kingdom where one isn't better off being in a position of strength, or at least equality, otherwise its all about being exploited at a whim.

Monkeys fight for dominance, and have been observed mudering, raping and even having different packs going to war with each other.

Anyway I hope the situation in the U.S. can ultimately be resolved peacefully via negotiated political separation, where folks can live in the way they want with the like minded.

Monkeys fight for dominance, and have been observed mudering, raping and even having different packs going to war with each other.

Anyway I hope the situation in the U.S. can ultimately be resolved peacefully via negotiated political separation, where folks can live in the way they want with the like minded.

Archived