The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Could easily be 2-0 for VAN

It's easy to say that we could be up 2-0 but you could make the statement that we could have easily won the Stanley cup in 2011, I mean we had 2 chances to eliminate them.

The Fact is we didn't win the Cup and we are NOT up 2-0. Just because we missed on some post shots and had a few more missed chances doesn't mean we would be ahead. Look at the chances the sharks missed Thorntons post, Torres getting robbed.

We're down right now and in my opinion we CANNOT lose another game, it's either 4 straight or we're done.

I think it's fair that the canucks are down 2-0 in the series. Game 1 the sharks deserved because as far as I'm concerned the canucks had zero legit scoring chances. Game 2 Lu bailed the team out. The sharks had a ton of scoring chances and Lu made diving stops. While Niemi had to make key saves he didn't have to make unbelievable saves like Lu did. The canucks could have stole game 2 but didn't. At best it could easily be a 1-1 series but so far I feel the sharks have been deserving of their wins and been the better team.

If the canucks can keep up their attacking style of play rather than play to not lose then I feel they could get some wins. Luck plays a factor but good teams should make it a smaller factor.

Archived