The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mitchell, Salo, Torres, Sammuellson > Booth, Ballard, Raymond

Merci

Hindsight is great, but there's no way you can tell me that if you were in Mike Gillis' place at the time you had to make the decisions on Mitchell, Salo, and Samuelsson that you would have acted differently. You might regret things now, but looking back they're all no-brainers. No use pining over what could've been.

What is with people and this love affair with Raymond? He's like a little ballarena. And what production?? Guy is completely invisible! Softest player in the league. My sister could beat him up.

Most importantly he has no offensive production. Should have been traded or demoted or waived years ago!!! Some people on this forum are completely delusional. The ones that like him, probably have his poster on their ceiling.

Raffi fans are forgetting that he was tainted at the end of our Cup run.

He had a rep as an out of control, over the edge player due to his hits and suspensions.

Remember his hit on seabrooke?

On top of that, he wanted third line money. J Hansen makes $1.35 mil and Raffi makes $1.75 mil.

I'm sure he would've been welcomed back by the canucks as a 4th liner, but Raffi found a team that wanted him as a 3rd liner so the canucks couldn't afford him. They chose higgins, hansen, raymond, booth.

He got his hitting under control and the nucks wanted him too since his contract is up after this season.

Who would you prefer on our third line next yr tho?

Raffi: 18 pts in 39 games this yr -$1.75 mil

Hansen: 27pts in 47 games -$1.35 mil

Higgins: 15 pts in 41 games -$2.5 mil

Torres was a cheap shotting, head hunting puke when he played for Nucks and Coyotes. Like Matt Cooke, he was forced to refine his game and is now a pretty decent player. There was no way that MG would have known this would happen when he let him go.

MG did take note of the change in Raffi's game and tried to get him at the deadline. SJ scooped him.

Torres was a cheap shotting, head hunting puke when he played for Nucks and Coyotes. Like Matt Cooke, he was forced to refine his game and is now a pretty decent player. There was no way that MG would have known this would happen when he let him go.

MG did take note of the change in Raffi's game and tried to get him at the deadline. SJ scooped him.

You basically repeated my post about Torres but with much stronger language. lol

Who would you prefer on our third line next yr tho?

Raffi: 18 pts in 39 games this yr -$1.75 mil

Higgins: 15 pts in 41 games this yr -$2.5 mil

Archived