The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

San Jose worried? They should be. We have something they don't.

canuckleface77

I've been a Canucks fan for about 35 years now. Followed this team through all the playoff runs; laughed, screamed, cried, swore, I've done it all in front of the TV watching them play...I'm sure we all have.

I'm not a blind-faith type fan who just believes they will win because I think there is some cosmic plan to deliver a Cup to my favorite team. In fact, as we all know, odds are against us. Down 2-0 heading to the Tank is not a favourable position, I get it. Odds are we will lose...however...

I have this strange sense of calm about tonight's game and the series in general. You see, about halfway through Game 2 the only player in this series who REALLY has the ability to carry his entire team on his back and literally win a series got his legs back, his body seemed to rid itself of whatever sickness/flu it had. We all watched Kesler suddenly turn it on, we all saw the momentum swing, and I'm telling you, the Sharks need to be very careful with Kesler focused and motivated.

RK17 is a complete 100% game changer when he is healthy. I do believe he can completely turn a game and series around because he affects and is involved in all aspects of the game. Kesler is a special player, and if he stays healthy this series can go 6 or 7 games. Even more scary for the Sharks should be the fact Luongo is playing very well.

Stay positive people, this series isn't over. We will see another special performance tonight from Kesler, he steps up when needed, something a few other players on this team could take notice from.

Have fun watching tonight everyone, let's hope a little puck luck falls our way.

Cheers.

I also note the the Canucks have played better in each game as this series has gone on, and the sharks have played worse.... Hopefully that continues tonight and we finally get a W. than see how these sharks play with that kind of pressure on them.

Well tonight they will be "Kesler Focused" so they'll undoubtedly leave some holes in their defence for maybe a sedin or a Roy or a Kassian or a higgins or a hamhuis or a bieksa or a Hansen or a Raymond or a ....insert player here.... To score!

Unfortunately today Kesler will be huge target for the Sharks. They are going to block him, hit him and even try to injure him. It is a standard game strategy by every experienced playoff team. So our defense better pay close attention and protect Kesler.

Archived