The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

You can ban me if you want. Read all I wrote about your great franchise and city. On our board we have loons as well just as all fan bases do.The NHL is aware that there is legal betting on their sport. You cannot rig your sport and say you were not aware or a party of betting as it would NOt fly in a US court. The NHL would be in big trouble if it was proved to be a rigged sport.Debbie has asked why I dont think there is a conspiracy and the answer is quite simple. They are too hard to keep secrete in todays world and the risk is too high. This sport does not need to do this to thrive so why risk it.People do risky things I agree, as I have a large family in law enforcement I am well aware of this but I dont see it here as it is a bad risk.

I will only ban you if you disguise your trolling and insults with the other stuff. All trolls try that and I'm trying to give you a chance here.

How about this....how about that it's very hard to PROVE the conspiracies and people who get involved in them bet on that? It's like trying to take doctors to task for malpractice...really hard, as they all cover for one another.

So I don't buy it. I don't think it was a plan that was formulated, I think it just has sort of developed into what it is. And the Canucks are on the blacklist. I don't expect you to know that, as you likely aren't as up to speed on what happens and are at the beneficial end of the ref's stick.

Anyhow, no ban, as we do support opposing fans visiting the site. But keep it cool. Have fun at the game, GO CANUCKS GO. :)

So I am now off to the tank as I am a Sharks season ticket holder. BTW I am always cool to visiting fans as there is no reason to me a jerk to my fellow hockey fan just because theye wear a different jersey. Enjoy the great game we all love.

btw I love your anthem and stand in respect of it.

So I am now off to the tank as I am a Sharks season ticket holder. BTW I am always cool to visiting fans as there is no reason to me a jerk to my fellow hockey fan just because theye wear a different jersey. Enjoy the great game we all love.

Thornton was slashed... doesn't matter which hand he's shaking to draw attention to it. Last I checked there isn't a "shaking the wrong hand" penalty. Now I will say that the only reason why the call was made on him being cross checked, was because of it being a breakaway... had that happened while being camped in front of the net, not only do I think does he not go down, but I doubt the refs make the call.

I have to admit not remembering the Couture penalty.. I've always hated diving. In fact, I wish the league would add to the rule so that if you do get called for a dive, the other player no longer gets a penalty for hooking/tripping (that would REALLY curb dives!)

Yup, if you read my post, which I assume you did since you quoted it, i said the slashing penalty was fine, but not calling the embellishing/unsportsmanlike conduct is the problem.

Forgot the logo on the front of the jersey, any team would be infuriated by the inconsistency as shown in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJYTOg8JQ2g

In 19 of 20 of the last Canucks' games Kelly Sutherland has reffed, the opposition has received more powerplays than the Canucks.

This is statistically impossible.

Where there is smoke, there is fire.

In 19 of 20 of the last Canucks' games Kelly Sutherland has reffed, the opposition has received more powerplays than the Canucks.

Yes my team won. In fact they beat the Canucks every single time they played them this season (7). It was not a good match up for your team just as last season the Blues were a terrible match up for the Sharks. If the Sharks draw the Hawks it will indeed be a tough series for the Sharks. I do not gloat over this series win. As a Sharks fan I have had my heart ripped out enough times to have empathy.But this is hockey and because we love our team it can be painful because we care so much. The pain will subside with the hope of a new season. You do have a good team and you will be back.All the best,Danville

Yes my team won. In fact they beat the Canucks every single time they played them this season (7). It was not a good match up for your team just as last season the Blues were a terrible match up for the Sharks. If the Sharks draw the Hawks it will indeed be a tough series for the Sharks. I do not gloat over this series win. As a Sharks fan I have had my heart ripped out enough times to have empathy.But this is hockey and because we love our team it can be painful because we care so much. The pain will subside with the hope of a new season. You do have a good team and you will be back.All the best,Danville

Archived