The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

Ultimately, the only way to change things is for you as a fan to boycott the league.

No TV, no games, no merchandise.

Because if you do not, your money will continue to feed lifeblood into these so-called professionals.

I have been 'at that point' many times, and I am again.

The NHL game is broken on MANY levels, including reffing.

No Hockey League.

It is amazing that this WWF style is controlled by officiating that decide outcomes.

I really disliked both games because the momentum was altered to the Sharks by the refs.

That is a rigged game.

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ Another one of these guys... ^^^^

C'mon dude, pick up your socks! Think positive! They've been bringing it pretty good so far, don't get ahead of yourself...

I thought the reffing has been pretty even

im boycotting nhl actually ive decided to since lockout but this reenforces it.

No jersey ticket buying for me.

How about closing your hand on the puck in the crease? No penalty shot?

Edit: ^^^^^^^^ Another one of these guys...  ^^^^

C'mon dude, pick up your socks! Think positive! They've been bringing it pretty good so far, don't get ahead of yourself...

I thought the reffing has been pretty even

Corrected.

Clearly there is something wrong when Kesler gets cross-checked near the boards (could have been a cross-checking or boarding infraction called), and nothing gets called, but Hansen pushes Thornton and gets a cross-checking call. Pushing is allowed =.=

I maintain, and always do - that reffing isn't why you lose and great teams play through it. Period.

But even I had to scream when they called the penalty on Hammy for the 5 on 3. Ticky-tack call for a playoff game 3...it was very bad all the way through.

But still - if the Canucks took it to the Sharks -- they'd get more calls. But they aren't. Our fastest players, guys who can draw penalties because of their speed, are playing like it's still pre-season. Our 'Unsung Hero and Most Exciting Player" has been an absolute no show. Roy, Raymond and Higgins have also failed to realize the playoffs started a week ago. The guys who you usually point to as the lean-ons in the Playoffs when your top-line is getting focused on and shut down, have been total no shows - which for me is the most disappointing thing of the playoffs so far.

So no - reffing isn't our problem because we aren't taking control of the play. Could it be better? Sure, that'd be nice./ But the Canucks need to force the issue, no be it.

Corrected.

Clearly there is something wrong when Kesler gets cross-checked near the boards (could have been a cross-checking or boarding infraction called), and nothing gets called, but Hansen pushes Thornton and gets a cross-checking call. Pushing is allowed =.=

how about that slash by Sedin after the face-off?

Canuck fans are the quickest to blame the refs in the league. For the past few seasons game 1 wasn't even finished before the first "blame the refs" thread was created. It's like you need that topic just as often as you need a GDT. I even remember how last season people were saying that the refs need to call things... and then when they do people start saying that the refs need to let things go.

Here's a thought... why don't you hold your TEAM accountable for these first round exits rather than the refs.

Archived