The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

Just some stats:

SJS PPs: 17

Van PPs: 7

PP - PK time differential: 16:55 mins for SJS. All other series are within 8 mins incl. the MTL/OTT series.

Total PP time in 3 games for SJS: 27:19 mins.

1st Period PPs: 6-2 in favour of SJS.

This doesn't even include non-calls which would skew it even more. Can anyone still argue against this? I need a laugh.

I still don't believe in a conspiracy against the Canucks but if they don't get a landslide of PPs more than the sharks in game 4 in the name of Game Management then it will confirm that something is up.

I agree that the Canuck's losses aren' the fault of the refs, just saying there were a lot of wrongly called penalties.

Penalties off the draw are a grey area though. You can watch any game of any team and find penalties that are not called.

I still don't believe in a conspiracy against the Canucks but if they don't get a landslide of PPs more than the sharks in game 4 in the name of Game Management then it will confirm that something is up.

I believe the refs still have a grunge against the Canucks ever since Burrows called out Auger in public. I don't what can change that. Maybe a new coach. Maybe a new more respected GM who actually has some clout in the league.

Time to bring Burkie back.

Stop blaming the officiating. It was fine this period. The refs showed they won't tolerate after the whistle stuff, hence the penalties to Weise and Wingels.

Everything else was fair. On the closing the hand no call, I saw him chuck it, but not close his hand on it. Then again, I didn't see a good replay of it.

aaaaaand most of that 17 came in the 3rd period after the Sharks scored to make it 5-1.. exception being a high sticking call against HS (are you saying that Hank DIDN'T high stick Couture?)

but feel free to blame the refs every season and NOT hold your team accountable for these exits. It's been working great so far, right?

aw come on... you could see clear as day the slash across the back of the neck. This wasn't some chippy slash, hold, etc. You could see Sedin look at the Shark player, take his stick and strike him right across the back of the head. There was even a slow motion replay on the NBCsports feed (which I think was the canadian feed.)

teams get (or don't get) calls all the time... the Wild had a couple high sticking calls NOT get called against Chicago today, do you see the Wild board lit up with "we need to hold a hearing with the refs" threads? Honestly I can't remember seeing a thread blaming refs at all since I've been a member (which goes back to '02/'03) of their boards.

The funny thing is that penalty against Weise was so BS... but the "slashing" call against Hamhuis... for a 5 on 3 no less... I don't even know what to say.

Can the Canucks file a lawsuit against the NHL??? Because you could EASILY prove in a court of law that the referees aren't fairly enforcing the rules in this series.

I know that sounds like a super-troll think to say... but I'm not joking. I REALLY try not to complain about the reffing... it's just something you can't control. But this is getting ridiculous.

ummmm... what if the Sharks are playing a clean game and the 'Nucks are still hacking away? Are you saying the refs should start making "phantom" penalty calls? Oh wait.. you're complaining about the refs... so of course you don't want phantom calls... wait... you only want phantom calls against the OTHER team... because that's quality officiating, right?

Calls against the 'Nucks... always unfair. Calls against the other team... always legit.

Archived