The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks need to hold hearing with refs

Matt_T83

So let's see if I'm whining. Let's meet up, play some hockey with stakes: you win, you get $1000. I win, I get $100. But you can't touch me and I'll beat the crap out of you for 60 minutes like I forgot we're not in a UFC cage fight. Then I'll call you a whiner. I guarantee my point will be proven in 2 minutes when you say "That's going to far" and I'll show you the video of it happening in-game.

Also...clearly you don't know much about hockey. By then the game was out of reach, the game management was over. Like the series against the Hawks a few years back when the Canucks got the bulk of their PPs late in the third with the game out of reach. The momentum is being manipulated. Clear as day.

how many games in this series has the 'Nucks scored more than 2 goals? ZERO

how many games in the series against the Kings did the 'Nucks score more than 2 goals? ONCE

how many games in the Boston series did the 'Nucks score more than 2 goals? ONCE (in OT I might add)

how many games in the Sharks series did the 'Nucks score more than 2 goals? 5 out of 5 games (once in OT)

starting to see the problem yet?

I 100% agree they should work on their PK (and many other improvements that need to be made).

But those numbers are pretty scary if you judge the quality of the calls made against Van. This has been going on for years.

Also during the 2010/11 Cup run, Canucks had 11:49 more PK time than PP time - good for worst in the West. So a disciplined team suddenly turned into a goodsquad just because the playoffs started?

I 100% agree they should work on their PK (and many other improvements that need to be made).

But those numbers are pretty scary if you judge the quality of the calls made against Van. This has been going on for years.

Also during the 2010/11 Cup run, Canucks had 11:49 more PK time than PP time - good for worst in the West. So a disciplined team suddenly turned into a goodsquad just because the playoffs started?

2011 can be summarized simply with Rome on Horton vs Boychuk on Raymond. Both plays are interference, both resulted in major injury. One was deemed a 5 minute major and game misconduct + 4 game suspension and one wasn't even a minor penalty.

well one of the most penalized teams suddenly is one of the least penalized teams in one season... then goes back to being one of the most penalized teams the next season?

5 out of 6 seasons in the top 10 in PIMs?

What really got me the most was the quick whistle and the lack of penalty shot. You hear danny ask wtf is going on. Ref says he simply lost sight of it. Oh how convenient. You know not many refs lost sight of the puck when the hawks pitchforked Luongo into the net with 8 players on top of him for two years. But now when we have a sure goal their player can move the puck out with his hand and while the puck is clearly loose they blow it down. Lets count how many scoring chances they took away.

1. From the hand over the puck

2. From the early whistle

3. For not abiding by the rules and awarding a penalty shot.

But Henrik can't even win a faceoff with BOTH HANDS ON HIS STICK without taking a penalty.

Nhl at its finest.

The offense from this team has been crap. But I did notice that Thornton slash where he got slashed on his hand high side of the stick yet he takes his other hand and starts shaking it while whining very loudly, & the refs called this garbage penalty. Come on!!!!!!

Was it Couture who threw the puck 40 feet away and the refs didn't call this yet they call Henrik gloving away a puck off the faceoff when he clearly had both hands on the stick. Come onnnn!!!!

The reffing for this series alone is off the charts in such a bad way.

Has the officiating been more then a bit one sided. Hell yes. What is a penalty for a Canuck is not a penalty for a Shark. That is clear. This is officials having issues with certain players and those players having a certain reputation. When someone constantly tries to fool you...all of a sudden you don't see things the same way when they are involved. The old cliche. Don't cry wolf. But you can not blame the refs for the Canucks losing. The Sharks score 1 PP goal in game 1. The Canucks take the 3rd period off in game 1. The Sharks get nothing in game 2. We should have won that one but our season long complete inability to play for 60 minutes and our season long fire drill that is our own zone defence lost that one for us. The Sharks score 3 in game 3. What did we get out of the Canucks last night. Is that the team you know? NOT!. At best, they played half a game.

You can not blame the refs for the losing. I agree with you that there are issues here. But put the blame for the losing right where it belongs. That is not the goalies. I am not impressed with Cory for last night but you could also tell that he was not 100%. No defence. He should not have been playing at all. Especially with Lou being so good in the first 2 games. Not his fault we lost them.

Has the officiating been more then a bit one sided. Hell yes. What is a penalty for a Canuck is not a penalty for a Shark. That is clear. This is officials having issues with certain players and those players having a certain reputation. When someone constantly tries to fool you...all of a sudden you don't see things the same way when they are involved. The old cliche. Don't cry wolf. But you can not blame the refs for the Canucks losing. The Sharks score 1 PP goal in game 1. The Canucks take the 3rd period off in game 1. The Sharks get nothing in game 2. We should have won that one but our season long complete inability to play for 60 minutes and our season long fire drill that is our own zone defence lost that one for us. The Sharks score 3 in game 3. What did we get out of the Canucks last night. Is that the team you know? NOT!. At best, they played half a game.

You can not blame the refs for the losing. I agree with you that there are issues here. But put the blame for the losing right where it belongs. That is not the goalies. I am not impressed with Cory for last night but you could also tell that he was not 100%. No defence. He should not have been playing at all. Especially with Lou being so good in the first 2 games. Not his fault we lost them.

Archived