The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

Which goalie is better? schneider is definitely the better technical goalie of the 2.. but Luongo is the better reactionary goalie hence he has the game changing element to his game for better or worse.. Schneider is good on most night.. but Luongo can be avg one night and then god mode the next night.. but which goalie to trade?? CDC would want Luongo to be traded for a sack of puck.. but if we were to rebuild we should be considering trading Schneider instead.. Schneider will fetch a better return for non rentals/higher picks.. we ain't going to be a contender for years to come anyways.. so in 3yrs time Schneider might take the free agent route and leave anyways.. but at the same time i feel sorry for Luongo if they decide to keep him coz there goes any chance of him ever winning the cup if he's stuck on vancouver.

Schneider is still younger, cheaper, more consistent, more cool-headed, less prone to put his foot in his mouth and, lets face it, he's been outplaying Luongo ever since he got here a couple seasons ago. We all knew it was a risk tonight putting him in when he hadn't seen any action in 13 days...and it bit us in the arse.

Schneider is still the starter.

Luongo is the better decision in this series. He's been solid in Game 1 and 2, and has a feel for the Sharks. You can't throw Schneider in a series down 2-0 and expect him to the weather the storm against a team he hasn't done particularly well against. He hadn't even played for half a month.

Nope. Not one bit. I am disapointed in his play tonight but they've made their decision there is no turning back. This whole goalie crap should of been settle a long time ago MG just set himself up for more controversy now. Lets face it Cory hasn't played in 2 weeks and his true health status is unknown. I doubt it matters in the end we simply can't score.

Lu has lost his last five playoff games.

Choosing to stick with Luongo instead of Schneider solely based on the fact that he has gone to the cup finals before seems like a stupid reason. Schneids had better stats than him for the past two years (I know he didn't play much last year) so I'd say we go with him. He will only get better while Lu will get worse.

Unless gillis has horseshoes up his rear and pulls out a huge offseason you would have to think Schneider nets us better value. But after this season I have no idea what to expect and am hoping everything is what it is because of a weird year and it is all rainbows and gumdrops after this.

Actually the more I think about it

If the extreme happens and both AV and MG are fired, it's basically a clean slate for the organization.

If someone new comes in anything can happen

For sure, I think Cory is better than Lu overall slightly but how do you just put someone in after 13 day lay off not much practise. I wanted Lu in at least one more game. Now you have no choice but put Lu in. He's in way more game shape.

For sure, I think Cory is better than Lu overall slightly but how do you just put someone in after 13 day lay off not much practise. I wanted Lu in at least one more game. Now you have no choice but put Lu in. He's in way more game shape.

I hope we trade Luongo.

He doesn't deserve the crap from all the fans here...

I also hope we trade Kesler - both he and Luongo deserve their names on the cup - hopefully they go to a contender....

Schneider cost us a game. People blamed Luongo for his meltdown in playoff and it's what happened to Schneider if let's be fair with the same standart that's applying to Luongo. I feel sorry for what Luongo had to go through this season and yet he's been very professional handling the situation.

Archived