The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

Oh shutup that is a cheap answer...All you fans and media made it to be Schneider doesn't meltdown or give up bad goals. And now you people are saying it is a risk or he will bounce back. Don't blame Schneider this team can't score but people need to realize he is not better than Lu. Yea he is younger and cheaper only for a few years, but he himself is not enough for this team.

Lu is an elite goalie and has years left in him. I still hope he is traded to a contender because he won't win here with this team and this team won't be in SCF for a while

Finally someone thinking same as me. Luongo is still elite for 5-7 years. Trade Schneids and get more assets. Thomas was Vezina winner at 37? Or 38? Luongo is still a world-class goalie.

It's quite the sad comedy watching these managerial decisions being absolutely blown up in the faces of Gillis and AV. From Torres scoring the winning goal to Schneider crumbling after being unreasonably put in after missing 13 games.

So much salt being stuffed into the wounds that are Gillis's managerial mistakes.....

It really is a comedy right now. You mentionned Torres and Schenider. I'd like to add Grabner turning into a great scorer, Hodgson being traded for basically a nobody when he could of got an already bonafide 2nd line winger (no offense to Kass), Edler (Ehrhoffs replacement according to MG), Ballard doing nothing, Booth doing nothing. I'm sure the players hate seeing their good friend Luongo waste away on the bench for nothing.

Also sitting those players for the last game seemed to serve them to relax more then to get them ready. Not to mention it was quite cocky and arrogant.

Guess that 7-2 loss to edmonton on the last game should have opened our eyes a bit.

If I was a Canuck I'd want out of this piss poor managed organization.

I like a lot of people thought it was a dumb move to play Cory. But it seemed like a decision the management was married to, that in itself is poor management.

Cory had been off for a while and lu was playing very well. That third goal tonight was the killer. Overall it is not the tending that is the problem.

The nucks need to get something of value back for one of their goalies and it seems that probably Cory would be the best bet. This team has a tiny window to win and we don't need a future goalie at the moment we need goal scorers.

Schneider cost us a game. People blamed Luongo for his meltdown in playoff and it's what happened to Schneider if let's be fair with the same standart that's applying to Luongo. I feel sorry for what Luongo had to go through this season and yet he's been very professional handling the situation.

doubt it. the team had already given up by then. i dont think it would really matter who's in goal, but this team has no defensive game at all and that's due to our coaching. we have the defensemen but this team is playing like they don't give a **** anymore. theres really not much to argue or defend with this team with anymore

what if Lu plays the next 4 games and performs a miracle winning all 4....

does that change anything going forward next year???

stupid AV would probably still start Schneids in game 1 round 2...lol...idiot he is.

Archived