The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

I like Lu, but that's beside the point. If we don't trade for an actual goal-scoring asset, what's the point of making a trade? Who can we trade? Schneider.

It seems pretty simple. We can't trade Luongo, so why not follow thru with the plan we had from when Schneider was developing; trade him for scoring/grit.

It more likely seals AV's fate as a Canuck than Schneider's. instead of sticking with the goalie who is standing on his head, he starts the guy who has been sick and injured, with completely predictable results. Not that goaltending was going to make a difference the way we played, but since goaltending was not the problem, it was not going to change anything.

They should probably try and just move the goalie they can get the most for in return. That being said, the way they treated luongo, I'd be surprised if he wants to stick around.

Schneider is still the starter.

Luongo is the better decision in this series. He's been solid in Game 1 and 2, and has a feel for the Sharks. You can't throw Schneider in a series down 2-0 and expect him to the weather the storm against a team he hasn't done particularly well against. He hadn't even played for half a month.

Both Goalies can win if the players in front of them play to expectations. Trade the one that gets you the most back .

Now AV . He should have been let go when MG started IMO . 2 years ago Henrik was a beast without his brother but no matter how poorly the 2 of them play this year AV won't split them up . That right there is enough to say bye bye , the twins shouldnt be running the team thats the coaches job . Dont even look at the poor defensive zone play of the team, How often do we see defencemen chasing the player and puck behind the net ?? Really the guy behind the net is more important then the guy you left alone in the slot ? comes down to a coach who doesnt show any passion and wont make a desicion to save his life .. Unless you count pulling a hot luongo for cory who hadnt played in 2 weeks . might as well make henrik captian and coach :rolleyes:

Nope. It does, however, change the coaching situation.

Schneider should have started game 1 of the next series (if they made it that far), but not game 3 of this series. Too much at stake to risk starting the cold goalie just off injury. This move reeks of desperation and shows that AV is often just grasping at straws when it comes to important decisions.

Hopefully they can beat the odds and become one of a very select few teams to come back from a 3-0 series deficit.

Down 3-0 you need to let Schneider learn. This series is over, let him learn.

He is our future and this is his team. I wish Roberto was staying and he was starting as much as I love Schneider and am happy he is back from injury.

We are lucky to have them both but for the future this is Schneiders team and we will die this season with him in net.

To me this just shows the glaring hole that our defence really is. It was never about Luongo melting down (though he did on occasion) or Schneider being a new meltdown king. It is all on our defence. A complete lack of will and fight for all the talent they have. Which is telling of the entire team.

Archived