The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

it doesnt matter .. we have the biggest group of over paid Defence in the league this team right now is in need of 5 or 6 buy outs .. i wonder if we can trade for other teams buy outs? id trade luongo for a draft pick and a buy out at this point.

Our core doesn't need a refusion, it needs to be blown up. I am not cool with being the new Calgary Flames, and the sooner we realize that is what we are, the better. We simply dont have the assets or a competent enough GM to revamp the top six forwards. Blow her up and be done with it, get some good young blood on this team

PHA

Schneider

VAN

Couturier

Simmonds

BOS

Edler

VAN

Lucic

Scoring solved.

Change coaching staff, gain Ballard. With Tanev and Corrado the Canucks are set for the future but still need a T1D. No, Hamhuis is NOT a T1D.

Simple answer. Because most of us have seen Luongo have similarly bad or worse performances many times in the playoffs as Schneider did last night.

You make excuses for Luongo's sub-standard play over years of playoffs, but Cory has 1 bad game and you want to hang him? Get out.

One bad game??? He has a 20% winning percentage in playoff games.That simply isn't good enough.

You can't seem to get it that the team has performed poorly not just the goalies. And now you can't handle the fact all the arguments you have used against Luongo are being targeted at Schneider. The third period meltdown last night was one of the worst goalie performances I have ever seen. However, someone with some hockey acumen realizes that despite the incredibly weak goals let in there were some defensive breakdowns that allowed the opportunities to occur.

The bottom line is Lu definitely has what it takes to deal with the scrutiny and pressure from the fans and media and still stand his ground while delivering a good performance in net, as he has shown everyone during these playoffs. Lu haters don't have too much to say now that Schneider dropped the ball- as Lu has done in the past as well. It happens to the best of us and the responsibility doesn't lie solely on the goaltender, as people have always seemed to promote here in Vancouver. (Doh!) :rolleyes:

However, I think Lu's loyalty and dedication have been tarnished by the fans of the city and that he will be forced to go else where. If he could stay and move past this and forgive the fans of Vancouver for turning their back on him, than I'd be all for trading Schneider instead... We could obviously get a better return for him, we could perhaps acquire a star forward to play with the twins (or Kes) which we need with out a doubt in my opinion. :mellow:

I believe we should ship out both Booth and Ballard as well, it would be legendary to try and make a trade for a player like Shea Weber; for Edler and whatever else it might take. Hell, I'd throw in a packaged deal with Kassian or which ever prospect they desired and two first round draft picks if it got it done. Only untouchables to me would be the Sedins, Kesler, perhaps Burrows and one of our goalies. I highly doubt Hamhuis would go back after leaving anyways and Garrison and Bieksa have NTC's.. So they'd most likely be off the table.

EDIT: We just may need a new head coach as well and possibly a new GM. (Depending on how MG handles the off season) Lindy Ruff and Brian Burke come to mind.. Either way after our playoff run is officially over, I expect some changes to be made. Two first round exits is weighing heavily on my conscience, I really don't want our window of opportunity to win a Cup to be closed.. This team is too good for that! I hope something with significance happens soon, it's high time. <_<

Simple answer. Because most of us have seen Luongo have similarly bad or worse performances many times in the playoffs as Schneider did last night.

You make excuses for Luongo's sub-standard play over years of playoffs, but Cory has 1 bad game and you want to hang him? Get out.

Down 3-0 you need to let Schneider learn. This series is over, let him learn.

He is our future and this is his team. I wish Roberto was staying and he was starting as much as I love Schneider and am happy he is back from injury.

We are lucky to have them both but for the future this is Schneiders team and we will die this season with him in net.

To me this just shows the glaring hole that our defence really is. It was never about Luongo melting down (though he did on occasion) or Schneider being a new meltdown king. It is all on our defence. A complete lack of will and fight for all the talent they have. Which is telling of the entire team.

Archived