The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Does Cory Schneider's Performance in the 2013 Playoffs Change the Goalie Situation in Vancouver?

Saying Schneider has no playoff experience isn't a good arguement considering he is still young and can experience playoffs since we should be a playoff team for the next 5 years unless we get a massive changeup.

when gillis came in, a lot of people were hoping for a complete change, and obvjectivity.

what we got was someone who was afraid to make mistakes.

* didn't want to change the coach

* didn't want to make any significant "bold" moves

* no risk attitude: get free agents, but shy away from trades (might actually have to know what you are doing... oh ok, maybe that is a good ting).

on the positive:

* made the best out of what he had

* seems to have made the prospect pool a little better

* has signed a lot of players for below market value (ya, ya i know what you're thinking)

so... he is a good gm to get a team going from nothing, a total rebuild. but once he gets someone he is TOTALLY loyal, and won't make the hard choices to do what it takes to win a cup. Would you trade 4 first round picks for Chris Pronger and then win a cup? I don't think MG would...

when gillis came in, a lot of people were hoping for a complete change, and obvjectivity.

what we got was someone who was afraid to make mistakes.

* didn't want to change the coach

* didn't want to make any significant "bold" moves

* no risk attitude: get free agents, but shy away from trades (might actually have to know what you are doing... oh ok, maybe that is a good ting).

on the positive:

* made the best out of what he had

* seems to have made the prospect pool a little better

* has signed a lot of players for below market value (ya, ya i know what you're thinking)

so... he is a good gm to get a team going from nothing, a total rebuild. but once he gets someone he is TOTALLY loyal, and won't make the hard choices to do what it takes to win a cup. Would you trade 4 first round picks for Chris Pronger and then win a cup? I don't think MG would...

Let's get serious here...

I bet no matter who we trade they will do awesome in a different market! They are both good goalies. However, if I were Lu I would not stick around after all of this chaos. So for those who say "trade schneider" give your head a shake Luongo WILL be moving on one way or another this summer! How many players "withdraw" their trade me request!?!?! Plus we don't really know what Schneids full potential even is...

Luongo asked to be bought out because "his contract sucks".

What a fail by MG by both signing that contract and not handling the goaltending situation well.

He got greedy, and now we are likely not going to get anything for Lu. And if he is bought out, that means one of Ballard or Booth wont be able to.

must not build a team on a unproven starter who cannot even finish a half season without injury. one career playoff win.

he will be a nice backup, but at the current pay, better to trade him and keep lui instead.

the playoff pressure showed he is like cloutier.

So Schneider is to be "the goalie of the future"? Forget that. As I've said before: trade him and bring in a couple of decent players and or draft picks. Lui should stay and for that fact he should have started game three and four. Goaltending wasn't the problem in game 1, nor game 2. It was in game three until Lui took over and in game 4 the players did their part and put the puck in the net while #35 couldn't keep it out of his.

that was without a doubt, Schneider's worst game as a Vancouver Canuck. Mentally, he wasn't ready after being shelled two nights ago. This is attirbuted to AV's decision to start him stone cold instead of rolling with a hot goalie (already down 2-0 in the series). Gave up rebounds all night long. Was in poor position for the second and third goal. This performance is going to raise doubts about the future for sure....

must not build a team on a unproven starter who cannot even finish a half season without injury. one career playoff win.

he will be a nice backup, but at the current pay, better to trade him and keep lui instead.

the playoff pressure showed he is like cloutier.

Archived