The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

Also, officiating again. Which one of these series is not like the other?

Habs/Ott: 2 differential

La/STL: 4 differential

Pitts/Nyi: Even

Nyr/Wash: 1 differential

Min/Chi: Even

Tor/Bos: 1 differential

Det/Ana: 1 differential

Van/Sjs: 10 differential

-The Van/Sjs series is, by far, the most lopsided series re: officiating.

-SJS has had more than 17 mins of PP time than Van.

-Van has technically averaged only 1.5 powerplays per game. By far the fewest of any team in the playoffs.

- Van has not played a game this series with more PP's or PP time than SJS

- Van has not played a playoff series with more PP time than opponent since 2009/10

This trend is not new:

2010/11 1st round vs. Chi: The same thing happened. The PP differential was the largest in the this series vs any other.

2011/12 1st round vs. LA: After 4 games in the LA/Van series last yr, same problem (I stopped keeping track after the 4th game cause I was furious).

2012/13 1st round vs SJS: Same problem, for the 3rd year in a row . Try and tell me that's a coincidence.

The Canucks GM has to find a way to prove this biased officiating to the leagues head office. It's there. The #'s are there. The specific referees who never call in favor of the Canucks is there. I have the data, I've been keeping track. It's one thing to battle a NHL team every round, but battling the referees on top of that is impossible.

The sooner this team's fans stop giving them unconditional love and support and the sooner we stop worshiping them, the easier all of this will be.

They are professionals. They have the best amenities available to them. They are millionaires. And they come up with performances like this.

It's pathetic and uninspiring is what it is. Makes me glad that over the past year or so I have gravitated away from the overpaid, over-adored, over-analyzed NHL, and more towards women's hockey and minor league hockey - where people play for the right reason: Passion

I love how Lu says "It's Cory's team" as if "Hey MG/AV, you guys made your bed. Sleep in it." Thank you Lu... I wish somehow someone (hopefully not MG) realizes, "Lu still has 3-4 years in him, but is untradeable. The difference in Lu and CS is razor thin... yet CS would bring a TON of return. Why not trade CS instead and try to find a goalie in 3-4 years???"

^If it makes you feel any better the NHL is running out of teams in the West to push to the Cup. If the Sharks do indeed beat us I'm cheering for them to win the Stanley, as that'll leave us or St Louis as the remaining contenders who will be pushed (add in Minnesota if they get better next year). After last year it's crystal clear what the NHL is doing.

Terrible team effort, brutal game from Schneider. There should be a major retooling in the offseason. After getting ousted by the Kings last year, a fail at winning the Cup and a dismal result against the Sharks, it is painfully obvious that the core of this team is not good enough. There has to be a shakeup and new blood coming in.

Which brings me to AV. He is a good coach(his record backs this up) but he is not getting the playoff results that are needed. I don't think the players have tuned him out, I think it is more like too many players have become too secure in their position with the team. I think MG has to change that by bringing in a new head coach and everyone (and I mean everyone) has to earn the coach's respect by doing the job for 60 minutes.

There will be changes in the offseason as a result of lower cap but MG has to dig farther and really make some changes up to and including trading some of our top 4. We need new blood and a different look plus we have to restock the prospect pool with quality....guys that can really push the vets.

As far as this series, the Canucks would need a miracle to pull this one off and win the series. Luongo starts next game.

Just end the misery on Tue please. Think about this team it was only 2 years ago this core was on the verge of dismantlement against Chicago. 1 cup run and another 2 series of 1st round exits and it looks like were finally should see some changes.

may take some time but i can't wait til the young guys take this team over

gaunce,schroeder , jensen ,kassian. corrado and tanev might be missing some but this is our future in the next 2-3 years and it can't come soon enough

Archived