The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

Whats failing us....

The Power play....1 or 2 shots on net, No onetimers...I thought that was the main reason for Garrison, Sedins spend most of the PP PASSING!?!?!?! Shot the F'N Puck....., Learn to feather a pass....

Defense.... The only D I trust are Bieksa, Alberts, Garrison, and maybe Hammy. My issue with Hammy is that he is a light weight he is easily pushed aside....Alot know that I am a Hamhuis hater but tonite he has shown me his purpose. Elder has no heart...I miss Tanev :(

No trust in each other. The passes are light a slow no tape to tape :/

We can hit but cannot win board battles...they whip the puck around the boards to NOBODY~! The Sedins are to predictable. Players no to be on one side and stick on the other...they are able to hold them to the boards with ease and get knocked off their skates like RAYMOND~! Raymond is fast but has no control, he is light and a push over....

Our goaltending is good besides Shnides pitiful performance. Shnides proved tonite that he is not capable of #1 status. He should have been able to enter the game and play well up to his capabilities that we have seen in the past. I was not even worried til NOW about him but those softies...really put us in the hole.

SHOOT THE F'N PUCK~!!!!!!!!

I don't think MG could have forseen this. Even if Hodgson was whining about ice time, if he could see this then he would have kept him. I believe MG truly bought into the theory that we weren't tough enough and now we're not even skilled enough nor tough enough to win (the last two years are evidence of this). This team needs heart. The only bright spot about the trade is that Kassian has it in spades and hopefully it will be something to build around in the future. We need guys that breathe hockey and love for the game, not guys that just collect their paychecks and go home.

Paterson is making some scary points.

Burrows extended with a huge contract.

Higgins extended for four more years.

Garbage prospect pool.

Aging core.

Of course we all knew of these things. There very well may be dark days ahead. A lot of spinning tires in the mud and getting nowhere.

It's no secret I'm a Lu Lover, but you can't help but to feel bad for Cory.

Am I gonna kick him and his fans while they're down like the Luhaters do all the time? No, instead I'll go the opposite direction, I'll do the unthinkable, I'll defend him.

How can you defend him after a game like this?

Well it's simple really. Look at his situation. He's young, he's hungry, and he's just coming off an injury without playing for 3 weeks. The coach tells him he's starting, and despite the rustiness and his sickness, he's going to take the opportunity and hopefully run with it.

You can't blame him for wanting to compete, and that's what he wants to do. Could he have played better? Of course he could have. Maybe he should have just said that maybe he wasn't ready to return yet, but that's not the case. You can't blame him for the coach giving him the nod and you can't blame him for wanting to compete in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

With all that said though, Luongo gets the nod in game 4, and if by some miracle we make it to round 2, Luongo gets the start for the rest of the playoffs.

there really is no telling what those young players will turn into everyone thought kesler and burrows would be 3rd/4th liners now look at them

all it takes is the right development and this team has developed some pretty decent talent given its drafting at the end of the day were far ahead any rebuild the flames are attempting and im sure half the teams would love the prospects we got

The sooner this team's fans stop giving them unconditional love and support and the sooner we stop worshiping them, the easier all of this will be.

They are professionals. They have the best amenities available to them. They are millionaires. And they come up with performances like this.

It's pathetic and uninspiring is what it is. Makes me glad that over the past year or so I have gravitated away from the overpaid, over-adored, over-analyzed NHL, and more towards women's hockey and minor league hockey - where people play for the right reason: Passion

No, we should not get rid of the Sedins. The are declining because of AV. AV's system has them doing the same things over and over again. Bringing in a new coach and a new system will rejuvenate by challenging them to do better. They aren't doing that with the AV anymore. Changing the coach and the system alone will improve us a lot.

Not knocking you for supporting whatever level it is you are talking about, junior I am assuming... BUT... Nobody makes it to the NHL because they are chasing the money. Those guys make it there on passion, and the ones that win, win because of passion.

It is the passion that makes them commit the time and effort long before they every see any pay day.

Yes the money is there and it is huge, but it's foolish, and representative of people that haven't played at high levels, or people that aren't close to people in the show to think that they do this simply for the money. If it was about the money then guys wouldn't compete nearly as hard as they do or show as much emotion as they do.

Fair point, and perhaps I shouldn't imply that I think all NHLers are in it for the money. No amount of money can make up for the injuries these guys suffer and the training they go through. It just feels to me like the Canucks are a team that isn't out there for the right reasons anymore. To them this is a job but nothing more. There is no emotion invested in it at all. They're going through the motions and putting on an act. That passion and excitement and fight I see from the Sharks, Penguins, Sens, Isles, Leafs (good lord, I'm envious of the Leafs!?) - I just don't see it in us anymore.

Archived