The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

Well... This is extremely disappointing... For a second playoff season and were being outplayed by a lower seed is just plain pitiful...

Our core is disguising.... Raymond 17 playoffs games without a goal, Higgings 18 playoff games without a goal, Daniel 8 playoff games without a goal... And the list continues...

Does our core have any pride what's so ever??? Something?.? Anyone from the gm down???

This goaltending controversy is really hurting this team...having 5 mil sitting on the bench does not do any good... Ballard sitting out all three playoff games just adds another 4.2 mil to the press box... Yet we're still missing playmaker yet we got millionson the bench...

We got 17 goals in the past 13-14 games... Clearing our core players are not elite anymore...

Also don't want to pick on the referring but we had 2 pp for nucks vs 8 for sj...disguising reffing...

I don't really care which goalie plays, however I really feel bad for Lu... Guy is clearly a professional and deserves better. Guy has pride and he deserves a better faith, it's embarrassing to lose a guy like him for nothing once next season starts due to the cap... Nobody will want his contract for prospects or established players...and Lu really deserves to play.

I know it's not game over for this season, but its really damn close, we just can't buy a win against sj and that's that...

We wanted to play sj vs la or St. Louis and what are we doing??? Almost a sweep, but there is always next year as everyone keeps saying.

The sooner this team's fans stop giving them unconditional love and support and the sooner we stop worshiping them, the easier all of this will be.

They are professionals. They have the best amenities available to them. They are millionaires. And they come up with performances like this.

It's pathetic and uninspiring is what it is. Makes me glad that over the past year or so I have gravitated away from the overpaid, over-adored, over-analyzed NHL, and more towards women's hockey and minor league hockey - where people play for the right reason: Passion

Fair point, and perhaps I shouldn't imply that I think all NHLers are in it for the money. No amount of money can make up for the injuries these guys suffer and the training they go through. It just feels to me like the Canucks are a team that isn't out there for the right reasons anymore. To them this is a job but nothing more. There is no emotion invested in it at all. They're going through the motions and putting on an act. That passion and excitement and fight I see from the Sharks, Penguins, Sens, Isles, Leafs (good lord, I'm envious of the Leafs!?) - I just don't see it in us anymore.

Can we fire AV already? We won't win a cup as long as he's around. Apart from that, it's clear to me that we need a considerable rebuild. The Sedins are getting older, we need to get rid of Luongo, our D is not what it needs to be.

Still: Canucks forever! We will overcome this crisis.

Steve Bennett Report Card time:

H Sedin F (would have been an F+ but his post game comments were dumber than Jim Carrey/Jeff Daniels)

D Sedin F

Burrows D+

Kesler D (holy no show batman)

Kassian A

Higgins D-

Roy D- (dropped from a D to a D- because he finally tried hard in the final 6 minutes when the team was down 5-1; why should he get rated worse then? Because why the hell can't he do that when the game is meaningful; useless martin rucinsky signing)

Raymond F

Hansen D

Sestito B (for his limited role he did play ok)

Lapierre F

Weise F+

Hamhuis D

Garrison D

Bieksa F-

Edler F-

Alberts C-

Corrado B+

Schneider C+ (putting zero of the blame on his shoulders)

Luongo N/A

there really is no telling what those young players will turn into everyone thought kesler and burrows would be 3rd/4th liners now look at them

all it takes is the right development and this team has developed some pretty decent talent given its drafting at the end of the day were far ahead any rebuild the flames are attempting and im sure half the teams would love the prospects we got

Archived