The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

I am going to try to think of a positive tonight....LU,Kesler,Burrows,Lapierre,Kassian They played with heart,like kesler says we need to want it more then them. Also if we are ever gonna win the cup this is how i always imagined it would be....Nucks in 7 HISTORY WILL BE MADE!

I've followed advanced statistics in hockey for a while now. I believe strongly in advanced stats, they're a better analysis tool than the naked eye. And not one of them say Canucks will get swept, or lose the series in 5 games. Therefore, I'm left to look at other reasons why this team is struggling in the playoffs.

I'm left with the only other plausible reason: it's psychological. It's been their achilles heel since the Cup finals loss. The core from that 10/11 team is still playing on the Canucks today, and they've clearly never recovered. The sports psychologist who Gillis brought over from Europe said the same thing. Time has not, and will not, change the psychological damage that series did to these players. The only option IMO is to trade some of the core. Trading some of their core this summer presents other challenges, mostly in that ALL of them have NTC - and the Canucks GM will get 10 cents on the dollar for them. But there is no other option, some core guys have to go this summer.

lol Gillis and AV.

This core is done. Gillis wasted this core's last 2 years by somehow managing to make the 2011 team way worse.

Time for rebuild. Get younger.

Edler for Couturier +

Bieksa for 1st rd pick

Hamhuis for 1st

Booth and Ballard for anything to free cap space.

Sedins?

Don't re-sign raymond, roy.

Schneider for Henrique or tampa's 1st rd pick if canucks can't get a 1st for Lu.

Lack to backup Lu and be the successor when time comes.

Here's my review of the Canucks season:

- Great start.

- Awful middle.

- Great finish.

- Disgusting to mediocre coaching all season.

- Mostly stellar goaltending.

- Inconsistent offence.

- Unwatchable reffing.

- Inconsistent special teams.

- Ebbett sucks.

But it's not over yet.

Go Nucks! :towel:

lol Gillis and AV.

This core is done. Gillis wasted this core's last 2 years by somehow managing to make the 2011 team way worse.

Edler for Couturier +

Bieksa for 1st rd pick

Hamhuis for 1st

Sedins?

Schneider for Henrique or tampa's 1st rd pick if canucks can't get a 1st for Lu.

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 3m

"I felt fine to start, I felt good. There's no excuses, this is the playoffs." - Cory Schneider #Canucks

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 34s

"We need our 20 guys to want this more than their 20 guys. They've wanted it more so far." - Ryan Kesler

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks 25s

"Right now we can't draw on anything, but we have to come to the rink 100% dedicated to winning this. Whatever it takes." - Roberto Luongo

I don't know what to say...This sucks :(

For starters, the sheer number of blown calls has overwhelmed to the place where if I were try to list them my brain would explode.

It's all about seizing momentum for the officials. They HAD to make that early call on the Marleau high stick, but I have to wonder, when Couture picked up the puck and threw it out of the zone is that not an automatic call under the new rules? Correct me if I am wrong. And if so, how was that not called? You can't say the refs didn't see it. That's not possible. So it appears the refs did not want the Canucks to have a 5 on 3 PP and build any momentum. But when the shoe was on the foot, BOOM, 5 on 3 for the Sharks on a rather pedestrian slash that was embellished by Jumbo Joe.

It has to be so frustrating for the players.

However, the main reason this team is done for is AV. He has to be gone. At this point I have to question what does he really contribute? He is creating mess after mess. Ballard? Am I alone in thinking he was better than decent all year? And yet AV plays a clearly injured KB3 over a $4 million healthy D-MAN? If I own the team someone has to answer for that. Either the GM made a terrible signing or the coach is insubordinate for not playing that player.

Putting in Schnieds tonight was a hunch. A stupid desperate hunch. I'd say 80 per cent of posters on here were scratching their heads wondering WTF? The list goes on.

lol Gillis and AV.

Edler for Couturier +

Bieksa for 1st rd pick

Hamhuis for 1st

Sedins?

Archived