The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks vs Sharks - Game 3

Strombone1

Earlier in the year I would have not thought or supported this idea. Unfortunately due to all the NTC's given out, the only chips that MG has right now to kick start a rebuild may be Schnieder and Edler(before his kicks in).

Promote Laurence Gilman as head GM, fire Gillis, AV and the rest of the coaching staff. This team needs a new direction and leadership.

Strip the C off Henrik and give it to Kesler, he's the only player whose playing with heart this post season aside from Luongo..

As soon as trading is allowed again, trade Luongo ASAP, no more of this patience crap and getting the best deal. He doesn't deserve any more of this goalie controversy drama.

Agreed.

I'd much rather watch a season of these guys playing hard, making mistakes and losing than the bunch of underachieving lazy veterans.

Sedins are delusinoal and en embarrassment they way they view their performance. Absolutely pathetic how they have disappeared and yet its the goalies that are getting so much of the flack.

Both goalies have kept the team in the game for the first 2 periods, giving the team to score and win the game but the Sedins and the rest of teh bucket brigade have played some of the most ineffective and uninspired hockey I have ever seen at the professional level.

If I'm Aquilini, it's game on with a blank cheque to make sweeping cnahges for the new GM.

Also, officiating again. Which one of these series is not like the other?

Habs/Ott: 2 differential

La/STL: 4 differential

Pitts/Nyi: Even

Nyr/Wash: 1 differential

Min/Chi: Even

Tor/Bos: 1 differential

Det/Ana: 1 differential

Van/Sjs: 10 differential

-The Van/Sjs series is, by far, the most lopsided series re: officiating.

-SJS has had more than 17 mins of PP time than Van.

-Van has technically averaged only 1.5 powerplays per game. By far the fewest of any team in the playoffs.

- Van has not played a game this series with more PP's or PP time than SJS

- Van has not played a playoff series with more PP time than opponent since 2009/10

This trend is not new:

2010/11 1st round vs. Chi: The same thing happened. The PP differential was the largest in the this series vs any other.

2011/12 1st round vs. LA: After 4 games in the LA/Van series last yr, same problem (I stopped keeping track after the 4th game cause I was furious).

2012/13 1st round vs SJS: Same problem, for the 3rd year in a row . Try and tell me that's a coincidence.

The Canucks GM has to find a way to prove this biased officiating to the leagues head office. It's there. The #'s are there. The specific referees who never call in favor of the Canucks is there. I have the data, I've been keeping track. It's one thing to battle a NHL team every round, but battling the referees on top of that is impossible.

Now that pisses me off. Not to mention that Henrik is starting to look like a VERY sore loser. How many times after this game got out of hand did he try to take cheap shots at Sharks players after the whistle? Spearing, slashing, smacking people with the blunt end of his stick.... We saw it last year at the end of the LA series as well. Smarten up and actually show up when needed, a**

Sorry, but this is my team. Come hell or high water. I love this team, I'l pay the stupid high ticket prices, I'll buy the merchandise. I'll cheer for them even if they are 30th overall.

Archived