572 replies to this topic

#181 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,728 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

We need a new coach, new captain, and possibly a new GM.

This, wish we could trade the twins for some other gritty first liners.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#182 Rick 2.0

Rick 2.0

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

The lack of accountability on this team is now at staggering levels. The leadership seems to think that being "right there" is down 2-0 in the game, and that suddenly being unable to cope with the opposition when they find a new gear is acceptable. Well, guess what, Hank? Its not. It hasn't been all season. It hasn't been since 2011.

I'm seriously done with this group of players who can do nothing but talk the talk, yet can't back it up on the ice anymore. This is not an "elite team". This is a team of chokers and wannabes that, outside of one year when it seemingly all came together, can't compete when called upon. Yeah, I'm getting emotional... because I've poured my heart into this franchise for years while they play without any in the playoffs.

Gut it. Rebuild it. Be gone, Gillis, and take the gum-chewing poker face with you, AV. Get some real leadership on the ice, get some talent, and get a coach that can realize, use, mold, and refine that talent into something worthy of their positions.

This team is a joke.
Posted Image
[Why 2.0? Because after 9 years, I lost my password and email... huzzah]

#183 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Kinda pisses me off how Henrik brushes it off as no big deal. Just like Jeff Paterson the other night I remember when the Ducks cleaned their clock and he basically dismissed it as no big deal.

It's not necessarily because the Sharks want it more, but they're just a better team than we are..

A WHL team could be a "better team" than the Canucks if they were allowed to hook, slash and crosscheck but the Canucks weren't.

aXmDa9t.gif

#184 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,500 posts

Beer is calling you.

So, you won't do it......? :(
I actually just need to do a line or two and i'll bounce back.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#185 AllEyezOnMe

AllEyezOnMe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

our only positive is luongo. and kesler.

Kesler was a no show today.

#186 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

2013-2014 could be the last year here for the sedins either they get traded or go play for naslund in 2014-2015

#187 whcanuck

whcanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Another tough loss but I'm thankful for what the Sedins, Luongo, Kesler, Malhotra, the coaching staff, and the rest of the team have done in past years. It sure was good when it lasted and we were the envy of the league.

Good or bad, I'm STILL a fan of the Vancouver Canucks and I'm damn proud of it.

Lets close this chapter and here's to a new chapter!

:canucks:

Here here. Thanks to all those guys! Here's to a new beginning!

#188 Neversummer

Neversummer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Who is going to drive MG to the airport? Afterwards, come back and drive AV.

#189 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Oh the talk tonight is going to be oh so predictable. This core is finished. Time for a retool/rebuild whatever you wanna call it.

#190 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

its called rebuild. this team aint winning the cup anytime soon. By the time canucks get back to the finals, hamhuis will be too old.
Get something while his value is high

Edler ,please.

#191 Dumb Nuck

Dumb Nuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'm gonna change the channel to CBC, there's some hockey going on there.
There's always next year.

#192 Westcoasting

Westcoasting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,329 posts

That third period has to be the worst display i have ever seen :( So long AV, Best wishes Roberto, and hopefully so long to others who don't show up in playoffs!!

#193 lolwut?

lolwut?

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 1m
Luongo as always, very supportive of Schneider. Re game 4 "Its his (Cory's) team. Whatever happens ill be ready" #canucks

Luongo doesn't deserve this

Sigh.. sad isn't it?

The only solace I have is witnessing Lu leave it out on the ice for this team during these playoffs.. he had a couple softies as per the usual, but when your team can't score any goals and the defense is dead to rights there is only so much you can do as a goalie.

What a horrible fate its come to for him.. at least he's stayed professional through it all, but man I wouldn't want to be in that dressing room tonight.

#194 Go Canucks Go Go

Go Canucks Go Go

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Please, Canucks, don't bother showing up for game four. Put me out of my misery...btw, anyone interested in a pair of Canuck season tix for next season?

I promised to share some tickets with another season ticket holder and now I felt sorry for that decision... It's not I won't support this team anymore. It's just I really don't want to put the money in and let NHL keep treating us like shxt with those pathetic ref. Our ticket is more than 3 times more expensive than those California teams and NHL just don't care. I'd rather donate my money to red cross...

#195 martinbj

martinbj

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Henrik needs to grab his balls and boldly predict "we'll take this series in 7". I'd have respect for him even if they don't win, just show some manly leadership instead of hashing lame-ass excuses.

#196 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,746 posts

Haha I even called it down to a goalie pull... AV reeks of desperation. The team is so emotionally predictable and useless offensivley. Not to mention that even the refs do not like our team and character...

How's that Kassian for hodgson deal feel lately....

Only silver lining is a new core next year and coaching (maybe a new GM)

#197 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

I love the Canucks, but this is a wake up call, changes need to be mad. Gillis had me as a believer at first, but his record speaks for itself. All he has done for us is take in failed projects, and trade away young players who haven't been given a chance. He has supplied this team with only 3 good players in Hamhuis, Higgins and Lapierre. He brings in the likes of Ballard and Booth, two guys who did nothing to help Florida become a good team. We need to bring in players that have a history of winning. Not to mention this Luongo situation has come to the worse possible conclusion, a goalie controversy to end the year.

Now onto AV, his time is up. He lead us to the cup and I respect him for that, but no results since has to mean he is getting the axe. We struggle in each aspect of the game, and that just isn't acceptable.

I have been spoiled with the Canucks putting out good teams on the since I became a huge fan, so i guess we have to accept that it is time to start over. If I was the Canucks I would do what San Jose has done, Get rid of some valuable talent on the decline of their career and bring in some youth without totally dismembering the team, at least for next year, Next year is our final chance for the next long while; I wouldn't go all in next year, just save the complete overhaul player wise for next offseason.

Pretty much this. The whole goalie debacle was a distraction. Flip flopping on Luongo after signing him to a huge contract was a very bad move. I don't care if CS is/was better he should have been the one on the block plain and simple. Now there's not really any way we can keep Luongo after all the trade drama.

Seems like we tried to change this teams formula after getting beat by Boston in the finals. That didn't work out and now the team seems to lack cohesion. I have to put this failure on management for making the wrong decisions and there should be an acknowledgement by them of this. Only then can we move on and get things heading in a proper direction.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#198 ssir_78

ssir_78

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

also as crappy as Schneider played he needs to start next game whether people like it or not if Luongo gets a free ride throughout the years of his games being lit up Schneider should get the same treatment

Are you kidding me. He takes more crap from fans than any other player in the league.

#199 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,623 posts

a new GM usually gets a new coach.

unless you are MG.

the only way i see AV being dumb enough to come back in game 4 with schneider is if he is thinking that the future is with schneider next year regardless of the series and that AV is so stupid that he believes that he will still have a job here to be around to be coaching schneider next year.

#200 SergioMomesso

SergioMomesso

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,873 posts

Which GM in their right mind would want to trade for our mentally unstable bunch of under achievers? I would have rather miss the playoffs than witness this debacle they are playing out. I remember Deniro and I having an argument about how one guy could change the dynamic of this team. And that guy was Kesler. Hell we got 2 new guys after the trade deadline and we aren't any better.
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:5584]

#201 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,000 posts

POPULAR

@dcmahiban
#SJSharks Joe Thornton post-game "We're lucky not to be playing Lu to be honest with you" #VANvsSJS #NHLPlayoffs

307mg00.jpg

#202 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,197 posts

Don't trade the twins, don't fire the GM. Fire the coach, and if we fail miserably again next year then MG's job is in jeopardy.

zackass.png

#203 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,819 posts

Thornton after game,: "We felt Lui was playing great, to be honest with you, we felt that we're lucky not playing against him."
Posted Image

#204 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 70,000 posts

"After 2 periods, we were in pretty good shape. That 3rd goal, that's one Schneider probably wants back. We didn't execute." - Coach AV

307mg00.jpg

#205 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,354 posts

The lack of accountability on this team is now at staggering levels. The leadership seems to think that being "right there" is down 2-0 in the game, and that suddenly being unable to cope with the opposition when they find a new gear is acceptable. Well, guess what, Hank? Its not. It hasn't been all season. It hasn't been since 2011.

I'm seriously done with this group of players who can do nothing but talk the talk, yet can't back it up on the ice anymore. This is not an "elite team". This is a team of chokers and wannabes that, outside of one year when it seemingly all came together, can't compete when called upon. Yeah, I'm getting emotional... because I've poured my heart into this franchise for years while they play without any in the playoffs.

Gut it. Rebuild it. Be gone, Gillis, and take the gum-chewing poker face with you, AV. Get some real leadership on the ice, get some talent, and get a coach that can realize, use, mold, and refine that talent into something worthy of their positions.

This team is a joke.

I feel the same way..
feels like when you have finally decided to leave an abusive relationship.

I'm done with this regime.

I want AV and Gillis gone..
zero accountability from AV's podium speech.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#206 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,702 posts

Kesler was a no show today.

I really liked how Kes played tonight.
No goals but he had pizazz.Him and Kass were kicking butt.

#207 ey40

ey40

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:16 PM

Sami Salo and Manny Malhotra. The real unsung leaders of this team.

Gillis has brought bad karma on this team by all of his bonehead decisions ego.

Fixed it.

#208 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Are you kidding me. He takes more crap from fans than any other player in the league.

wrong wording i guess meant it more so that Luongo gets to play after being lit up so Schneider should get the same

#209 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,602 posts

Our problem is not in net folks

17 goals in the last 14 playoff games...i dont care who's in net

Daniel and Hank need to toughen up and get to the net
May ray needs to go to the net or sit
Where's higgins?
Edler needs to show up

Only guys showing any heart

Kelser
the goalies
Corrado
Kassian

#210 SN -Admin

SN -Admin

Master Baiter

• Administrators
  • 1,621 posts

I'm really sick of hearing "It is what it is.". Such a cop out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.