The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks in 7

Stefan

The only positive spin I could put on this:

Canucks win game 4- I think we can all agree it is POSSIBLE, especially as the team would not want to be embarrassed through a 4-0 sweep

Canucks win game 5- They want to prove to fans that they can win a playoff game at home and put in a solid effort

Series becomes 3-2 San Jose - I think we can all agree 3-2 in any other series is at least WINABLE- for example- A 3-2 St Louis lead over LA with the next game in St Louis, most would say LA at least has a fighting chance to at least even the series

The Canucks then ride the 2 game winning streak and new found confidence to grind out a hard fought (probably overtime) victory in San Jose.

Series 3-3

At 3-3, the odds move to a much more favourable 50-50, plus the added 3 wins in a row might give us the edge, as well as playing game 7 at Rogers Arena.

Without too many injuries and IF we can win game 4 this is at the very least IMPROBABLE but definately POSSIBLE. Hey who knows, Niemi, Marleau and Thornton may all get injured in pre-game warm-up next game.. anything can still happen!! :rolleyes:

Believe.. (it's not over until Alain Vigneault sings..)

of course but still, beating San Jose 4 straight? Beating a team that has been owning this team inside out left right center? Keep dreaming bro.

I love the Canucks, but I am just being realistic.

I don't think its Sharks in 4. No way. But Sharks in 5 maybe.

Kinds of wish someone would make a "not exposing them for what they really are" type comment. Back then Johnathan Toews still knew deep down inside that they could beat us even though they were in a tough spot. I don't think the Canucks have that level of confidence except maybe Kesler.

My own opinion; Don't treat hockey like a religion.

If the Canucks go out in 4, my hope is that the one benefit of that would be that the owners pause to take a long hard look at everyone, from GM to the farm team.

Agreed but again only "probably" -_-

What about this scenario:

In a bizarre incident before Game 4, Niemi injuries his foot during a game of pre-match soccer in the hallway. Thomas Greiss (and any goaltending prospects they have up from the minors) didn't make it to the building due to a bout of food poisoning suffered eating Chicken McNuggets that morning in a team-bonding session. With no players left to call-up, the Sharks dress goaltending coach, 42-year-old ex-Canuck Corey Schwab as the only player available on the day.

During the pre-game warm-up Pat Marleau has a heated debate with Joe Thornton taunting him by saying he is the better playoff performer. Thornton retaliates by hitting Marleau across the knees with his stick, injuring Marleau indefinately. Thornton is immediately suspended by the Sharks and sent packing.

The morning of game 4, Alain Vigneault does some research on FamilyHistory.com and finds out referee Marc Joannette is actually his cousin. He gives him a call, meets up for a coffee (or some gum) and they reminisce and hug it out. Joannette agrees to cancel the "anti-Canuck embargo" placed upon the series by the NHL executives, vowing he wants "famille à remporter la Stanley Coupe".

The Canucks end up with 29 powerplays (in homage to a certain ex-lover of the coaching staff) and manage to score 1 goal, through Andrew Ebbett scoring the game winner in his 28th powerplay attempt. The Sharks also have 7 goals disallowed during the course of the game, none considered reviewable by the referees.

Canucks 1 - Sharks 0

Simple

B)

The only positive spin I could put on this:

Canucks win game 4- I think we can all agree it is POSSIBLE, especially as the team would not want to be embarrassed through a 4-0 sweep

Canucks win game 5- They want to prove to fans that they can win a playoff game at home and put in a solid effort

Series becomes 3-2 San Jose - I think we can all agree 3-2 in any other series is at least WINABLE- for example- A 3-2 St Louis lead over LA with the next game in St Louis, most would say LA at least has a fighting chance to at least even the series

The Canucks then ride the 2 game winning streak and new found confidence to grind out a hard fought (probably overtime) victory in San Jose.

Series 3-3

At 3-3, the odds move to a much more favourable 50-50, plus the added 3 wins in a row might give us the edge, as well as playing game 7 at Rogers Arena.

Without too many injuries and IF we can win game 4 this is at the very least IMPROBABLE but definately POSSIBLE. Hey who knows, Niemi, Marleau and Thornton may all get injured in pre-game warm-up next game.. anything can still happen!! :rolleyes:

Believe.. (it's not over until Alain Vigneault sings..)

it's over except for the crying.

maybe they win the next one but I doubt it. this team has no heart or grit or what it takes to win a cup. Its over. Rebuild. get rid of all the euros and get a Canadian to be the captain.

What the flip happened to the Canuck fans I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts, huh? "Ooh, we're afraid to go with you Canucks, we might get in trouble." Well just kiss my butt from now on! Not me! I'm not gonna take this. Thorton, he's finished man! Couture,finished! Niemi...

Sorry until the Sharks have won 4 I'm still believing we got a shot.

Archived