The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expectations for next season

Canuckler87

I have been a diehard fan ever since i can remember. I try to watch as many games as possible (over 70) and only miss them on television when i absolutely have too. I also go to a few games a year and have gone to the first game of the playoffs. The point of telling you guys this? To make the point that im not a bandwagoner, i love the canucks. they are my team.

Having said that, I hate to say it but if changes to a fairly significant degree are not made next season I have to reconsider the amount of time I give to the team as a fan. Im tired of the status quo and I know a lot of you are too. If Gillis thinks only small changes are needed again this year and brings back basically the same team again then I can't imagine myself doing it again next season. Whether its watching on TV, or paying to go to games.

As a Canucks fan, I need changes on the roster which will excite me and pump me up to come back next season again whole-heartedly. Just firing AV is not going to cut it. Too many underachievers for the past two playoffs. We're 1-7 in our last 8 playoff games for crying out loud.

This series isn't over and ill still be cheering Tuesday. But for obvious reasons i don't like our chances this year. As fans, what are your expectations for next year? What will get you as fans pumped up for next year? Because even the biggest homers can't be satisfied with the status quo.

To be honest i would be surprised if MG makes drash decisions even tho their needed. Luongo will be gone, Ballard and Booth gone, Raymond gone, Ebbet hopefully gone. A few young guys make the jump and we sign some older over the hill UFA. We'll be good enough to make the playoffs but not much more than that.

Can't rebuild with all these NTC.

Let Raymond and Roy go UFA

Re-sign Lappy

Trade/Buyout Ballard

Trade Luongo

Acquire a defenceman that can make a proper outlet pass

Acquire another first round pick if possible

and of course new coach

None.. they don't deserve my full attention unless they make significant changes to get me excited again. Staying with the status quo will just make me tune them out. I want them to go into full rebuild mode, it may hurt for a couple of years but a change in direction and culture is definitely in the cards.

If the offseason is disappointing, I hope the sellout streak ends and fans stop showing up to games. A clear message to management needs to be sent that the on-ice product is unacceptable.

I don't want to talk about next year right now. Never been this disappointed with the team. I can understand last year was a tiring and emotional year, but his year? No excuses. Utter dissapointment. Can't see myself being motivated to watch next year unless big changes are made.

A) A Change in Attitude - I'm hoping that this comes from a change in management. It is 100% clear to me that Gillis lacks the balls and intensity to put together a team that has the actual desire to win. This then stems down to the Coach. AV's allowing the players to work things out is a HUGE strike in my book, it's just stupid. ESPECIALLY when said players/leaders are the Sedin's, two of the most humble and mature players in the league. Sorry, its respectable and all, but humble and mature doesn't cut it in playoffs and it's not what I'd look for to get fired up for these games - Especially considering Henrik's closing remarks after tonight... Just appalling to me.

B) Forwards - This is what happens when you have a 1 line team, and a 2C. That's it. We have NO elite wingers besides Daniel (laughable this year) and Burrows. Gillis failed to build a team of productive wingers AND productive Centermen. I'm tired of the grinders the average forwards...

C) Management - Failures all around. Happiest day in YEARS will be when I hear AV is canned.

D) Contracts - NO MORE FREAKING CONTRACTS SIGNED LONG TERM WITH NTC's BEFORE THE CURRENT ONE RUNS OUT. Seriously, its ridiculous. Half our team has NTC's. Edler has been playing like sh!t and is one of the last players I'd want re-signed (especially not at a 6 year 5mil per contract). Higgins has been invisible yet deserves 4 years with a NTC as well?! Give me a break Gillis.

Probably more, too angry with this teams attitude and performance right now.

Archived