Bieksa/Edler-Garrison

?-Corrado

Raymond gone

Ballard gone

Booth gone

Schneider/Luongo gone

one of Bieksa/Edler gone

AV gone

Would like to see Gillis go as well, but he will most likely get another season...

Last season, I had faith in the team, but had bad feelings about playing the Kings (not that I ever thought we'd lose, but I felt before the first game they were better than their seeding and could pose a threat). Ended up losing to the eventual champs with Daniel out for a while during just a weird feeling season. Didn't feel too bad.

Considering it's almost guaranteed we're losing this series, I gotta say I'm disappointed with this collapse. The Sharks are a good team. They too are better than their seeding. But they should not have their hands around our throats, holding us over a cliff. Unacceptable how this has gone. I'm not somebody who leaps on the 'Fire AV' wagon, but I do think change has to happen.

This team's identity needs a makeover, and a new coach might be a part of that. Roles need to be modified, changed, replaced. That's what I'm expecting. Maybe it won't be a team that goes deep, but if we were to get younger, become less of a perimeter team, and ship out one of our goalies for some talent, and still maintain reasonable success, I'd be satisfied.

I would expect Mass overhaul of the bottom six core... All coaching fired. Gillis either resigns or gets fired.

Courtnall hired in an advisory role; psychologist hired; Sedins drop to 2nd liners. Canucks draft more skill and not waste picks like mallet in round 2...

Sedin sedin Kassian

Burrows Kesler ____

Hansen _____ Higgins

____ lapierre Weise

Raymond walks as ufa

Roy walks as ufa

Booth is traded

Hamuis bieksa

Garrison _____

Tanev Corrado

Ballard gets bought out

Edler is traded

Package deal to get a puck moving number 1 dman. Bring back erhoff if you have to.

Schneider

Lack

Loungo is traded

I think MG will stay, if he does he has his work cut out for him. We don't need a rebuild but we need a makeover for sure.

-Ballard, Raymond, Ebbett, and one of Luongo/Schneider gone. Booth is overpaid, but he is youngish and energetic so he could still fit

-Quit relying on the Sedins to provide such a big chunk of our offense. Their numbers have been going down, they were invisible this series, and they're not the wizard they were two years ago. I think at this point Kesler is very close to being our best forward and our staff should consider letting him drive the bus.

-Bring in young improving talent, again to take some of the load off the Sedins and prepare for the future.

-Bigger roles for some of our current players: Kassian (didn't have an amazing year, but still improved noticeably over the previous season and should continue to do so), Hansen (had a great year, is physical, and is continuously improving his offensive skills), maybe Schroeder (I think if he works hard over the summer he could play full time in the show next year), Kesler (as mentioned before).

The only change I want is Gillis to be fired. His resume is a failure, I think he's the one to blame for our not so graceful fall.

1. Didn't trade either goalie for scoring

2. Hodgson traded for a bum

3. Grabner and a pick traded for a healthy scratch with a terrible contract

4. Samuelson (30 goal guy) replaced by a bum with a terrible contract

5. Erhoff never replaced (assuming Garrison replaced Salo)

6. Let Torres walk and has tried to trade for him since

7. Kept too many guys that don't score at all: Weise, Lapierre, Kassian, Sestito, Ebbett, Shroeder, Pinizzotto, Malhotra

I know Samuelson and Erhoff had to go, but they were never replaced. Even the positives he's done on D (Tanev, Corrado) don't score at all which is what we lack.

The only change I want is Gillis to be fired. His resume is a failure, I think he's the one to blame for our not so graceful fall.

1. Didn't trade either goalie for scoring

2. Hodgson traded for a bum

3. Grabner and a pick traded for a healthy scratch with a terrible contract

4. Samuelson (30 goal guy) replaced by a bum with a terrible contract

5. Erhoff never replaced (assuming Garrison replaced Salo)

6. Let Torres walk and has tried to trade for him since

7. Kept too many guys that don't score at all: Weise, Lapierre, Kassian, Sestito, Ebbett, Shroeder, Pinizzotto, Malhotra

I know Samuelson and Erhoff had to go, but they were never replaced. Even the positives he's done on D (Tanev, Corrado) don't score at all which is what we lack.

Management screwed up but lets not be hasty in booting them. There are lessons to be learned from such mistakes and could make us stronger in the end. For next season I would want to see the goalie situation resolved and some more productive offensive players added to the team.

Archived