The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Expectations for next season

Canuckler87

Gillis has made so many poor judgements (ridiculous Luongo contract, Luongo as captain, Ballard, Booth, Grabner, not keeping Willie Mitchell, poor handling of Hodgson, signing unproven Edler at $5,000,000, signing unproven Schneider at $4,000,000, poor drafting, poor salary cap management, etc.) he has to go. The season ticket holders will be cancelling their tickets in droves otherwise.

We need a hockey man as GM.

I say bring back Brian Burke. Brian Burke is responsible for whatever success the Canucks have had in recent years, including drafting the Sedins.

Why does everyone think a NTC mean you can't trade a player?

They are designed to Give the player some type of say into where they go in a situation such as this.

Stop being such drama queens.

Not a single player on this team can't be traded.

I say definitely sign him. He is fast, a a very good skater and he makes beautiful passes. He just needs the right wingers to complement his skill set. I've checked out the available UFAs and, at his present salary, he is worth signing. There's not a lot of under 30 year old UFAs that are worth signing (especially, centres). If Kes moved to the wing and they found some chemistry, that would be a very good line.

Archived