128 replies to this topic

#61 Edler's Mind Tricks

Edler's Mind Tricks

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

I think the sedins are decline. Just slowly.

Hockey Management Intern for UBC Thunderbirds.
Associate Editor for Dobber Sports Network.
Designing a UBC Hockey Management Degree.

#62 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:02 AM

Do we re-sign Roy or no? What do you guys think?

He will not resign with us so it's a mute point.

#63 Nino

Nino

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

I think the sedins are decline. Just slowly.

And that's ok we may have our best team when they are second line players. Every player gets older.

#64 PolishSausage

PolishSausage

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:14 AM

Next season (Full season) the Sedins will be among the top scorers and everyone will run out and get their jerseys and all will be great in Vancouver. This shortened season was not a good indication of how good a team really is, look at Columbus... As long as we get rid of AV and everyone is healthy, I'm sure all will be well...

#65 Henrik Kesler

Henrik Kesler

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

This team needs changes in coaching and personnel.

First, relieve the coach staff (all of them) of their duties because they are completely incapable of:
(1) knowing when to make adjustments
(2) when they do make adjustments/changes they are AWFUL (4 forwards on the first PP and no Garrison, Roy not with Higgins, Kassian with the Sedins after the game is lost, etc..)and
(3) clearly they have favorites when there are other players who would make this team better (Schroeder and Ballard not playing).

Personnel subtractions:

Let Roy, Raymond, and Ebbett walk.

Trade or buy out Ballard (I think he could be useful here if the coach would actually deploy him correctly and let him play his game).

I'd give Booth 30 games next year to see if he fits with Kesler and Higgins and if not, trade him.

Luongo needs to be moved simply to end the distraction.

Personnel Additions:

A defensemen who can make clean outlet pass please. The lack of a defensemen who can move the puck has killed this teams transition game, something this team was dominant at during the Sedins Art Ross years.

Another Manny Malhotra type player to be the 3C. This team was at its best when it's 3C could chip in 30-40 points, win tons of faceoffs, and shutdown opposing top lines. The team has not been the same since Manny's injury and I think going back to the model lines we had in 2011 is the best chance of making another cup run.

Draft picks/prospects from the Lu trade.

#66 CanuckianOne

CanuckianOne

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,014 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Honestly at this point, no.

23NCfNh.png

Thanks to GoaltenderInterference for the awesome sig

#67 Average Joe

Average Joe

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

I would move the team to Bellingham. That way the NHL Canadian curse will finally be lifted from this team.
You want the truth, you can't handle the truth! But I can.

#68 Lui's Knob

Lui's Knob

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:38 AM

The reason for that was gillis pratically standing pat for 2 years after the SCF and killing our center strength

Well,

The demise of the organization has been pretty quick. From the mismanagement of assets, to poor coaching on the ice, not to mention the product on the ice, its all gone down hill pretty quick from our cup run. The next steps start with the ownership and while they shouldn't pull out the blow torches, MG needs to be held accountable and if he can't admit to the mismanagement on his part (ballard, booth, lu, manny) nor provide a proper plan moving forward then he needs to be replaced.

It is a foregone conclusion that AV will be fired.

#69 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:43 AM

We need 2 at least 5-6 elite forwards, and some young fresh talent mixed in there. This helps with the salary cap. Chicago did it perfectly..
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#70 Raffi Torres's Smirk

Raffi Torres's Smirk

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:01 AM

__*__ - Kesler - Burrows
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - _____ - Hansen
Pinner - Lapierre - Weise

* = Legit 1st liner, centreman turned winger like Pavelski

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Corrado
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

(Edler traded while his value is high)

AV out, Brent Sutter in
MG stays only if he gets a steal for one of our goalies

Neither of the Sedins wear any letter
Give the C to Kesler, only because Sutter won't let him dive anymore

#71 TheTruthHurts

TheTruthHurts

Canucks Prospect

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

Trade Luongo

No

#72 TheFastOne21

TheFastOne21

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

On paper the Canucks are a good team. So why cant they do anything with this? To me it is on the staff as many also think.

Im not saying this is the only change that need be made but a new coach is the first step.

Bringing in a new coaching staff (all of em) brings a new attitude. That attitude could translate to a wake up for this team. As i see it we are a giant lying dormant. No desire to be woken by the current staff. A new staff could wake the beast within and really drive this team to do something.

I would be willing to give it 1 to 2 seasons at most before i agree with a complete wholesale rebuild of this team. If a new coach cant light a fire under the talent we have then the talent we have doesnt deserve to represent our city.

I have thoughts on players that need to stay or go and contracts that are horrible but i cant predict what will happen there.

Edited by ZKassasin, 06 May 2013 - 09:27 AM.

MariOta_zps5d129115.jpg

#73 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

Edler traded for RW sniper
A goalie traded for gritty 3C
UfAs Clowe, Torres, dependable 6d
Trade/buy out Ballard and Booth

Clowe Kes RWsniper
Sedins Burrows
Torres grittyC Hansen
Higgins Lapierre Kass
Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa
Garrison Tanev
Alberts Corrado
Andersson Trade

Lu or Schneids
Lack

*New coaching staff

#74 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,029 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

No expectations this year and none for next year other than new coaching and mgmt.

Then, lets see how the chips fall.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#75 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,410 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

Series isn't over yet. If Chicago came back 3-0 in 2011, i'm confident we can. No more mistakes. If we get the luck on our side, we have this.

What are you smoking man? Kesler and Luongo themselves indirectly said not every player is showing up and wants it? You expect that to change overnight? We have a captain that isn't angry at himself for his performance.. And a coach who puts in a cold goalie when goaltending wadnt the issue and puts his worst defensive players on the ice to preserve the win in Game 2. This team is a trainwreck and its gonna take alot more than luck to turn it around this year.

Im looking forward to a new coach who knows how to get the most out of Zack Kassian because its obvious he is going to be great with the right coach to foster his growth.

Also looking forward to more youngsters in the lineup.

OXwjSoG.gif

#76 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

1. Coaching staff top to bottom fired.
2. resolve the damn goalie situation already.
3 personnel changes....

Luongo, Roy, Raymond, Ebbett, Sestito, Pinizzotto, Ballard and Barker all need to go.

Decisions on Lapierre, Alberts, Edler/ Bieksa need to be made before the draft and free agency in order to fill out the roster.

IMO you move Edler for a goal scorer of similar age that can play on the PP if possible.

MG you are officially on probation.

#77 Legend Killer

Legend Killer

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,202 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:54 AM

3 personnel changes....

Luongo, Roy, Raymond, Ebbett, Sestito, Pinizzotto, Ballard and Barker all need to go.

Decisions on Lapierre, Alberts, Edler/ Bieksa need to be made before the draft and free agency in order to fill out the roster.

IMO you move Edler for a goal scorer of similar age that can play on the PP if possible.

Edler, 2nd for Simmonds and Rinaldo?
Posted Image
For the first time in a long time.. the future looks bright..

#78 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

Yeah, rebuild if they can. There needs to be some major changes in the foward core in the off-season or this club is on it's way to being the next Calgary.

I'm not sure who should even be safe. Garrison, Hamhuis, Tanev at least on D. Forwards? Less clear.

#79 Tangelos

Tangelos

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

I would go the Philly route and trade a bunch of our players such as Garrison, Bieksa, Edler, Luongo for near ready prospects and/or draft picks assuming we can get these players to waive their NTC's (smart move there Gillis you Dumb@$$).

Then buyout Ballard. I'm not so sure about Booth just yet. I'm indifferent whether we keep him or not at this point.

Let Raymond, Malhotra, Roy, Pinny and other plugs walk to FA.

Fill the team with Jensen, Gaunce, Corrado, Lack, Archibald, Schroeder...

The team may look weak on paper, but as we have all seen "on paper" means jack all come playoff time. You need players who care and want to play in the NHL. If we tank then so be it. At least our prospects gain valuable experience and we draft a stud in the 2014 draft.

(Sig removed by mod)
Previously Doug The Thug Glatt

#80 LouieB

LouieB

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

3 personnel changes....

I would agree with this... However, i would say let Lappy & Alberts walk. Oh and buy out only Booth! You can probably swing a trade for Ballard as he only has a year left on his contract. Trade Edler for sure! And I wouldn't object a trade for the Sedins, if you get something worthy back. I am not convinced they are built for the playoffs. Time to reshape the core of this team, once and for all. Ray Ferraro was right (this morning Team 1040) it's now or else you face a "Calgary Flames" situation in the next year or 2!

#81 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,230 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 10:18 AM

__*__ - Kesler - Burrows
Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Higgins - _____ - Hansen
Pinner - Lapierre - Weise

* = Legit 1st liner, centreman turned winger like Pavelski

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Garrison - Corrado
Ballard - Tanev
Alberts

(Edler traded while his value is high)

AV out, Brent Sutter in
MG stays only if he gets a steal for one of our goalies

Neither of the Sedins wear any letter
Give the C to Kesler, only because Sutter won't let him dive anymore

I'd wipe the whole 4th line for a new version, though. The 4th line has been such a mix of players and skills it hasn't been effective. Time to plan a real 4th line.

#82 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,474 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

OK, so I reworked my previous lineup so that it will fit under the 60M cap hit next year. Edler, Bieksa and a goalie will be traded for a RW sniper, gritty 3rd line C and Right side 5/6D.

All the rest will be traded for prospects/picks or bought out.

Clowe ( 5M) Kes (5M) Sniper trade(5M)
Sedins (12.2M) Kass (.870M)
Burr (4.5M) Gritty C (3M) Hansen (1.35M
Higgins (2.5M) Lain(.599) Weise/Jensen (.870)

Hamhuis(4.5) Corrado (.599)
Garry (4.6) Tanev(2.0)
Alberts(2.0) Rt side D (1.2M)

Schneids (4M) If we keep Lu, then Higgy has to go and be replaced by a prospect.
Lack (.599)

$59.28M

It's pretty tight to the cap. If Edm is going to have two top lines with +6M players, so can we!

#83 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,627 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:01 PM

I hope no one wants to re-sign Roy.

He's softer then Mason Raymond....

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#84 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,964 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:24 PM

For one, I do not believe that Roy has earned any type of pay raise with his performance. He'll get offered more by some dungeon team trying to make the cap floor or something but let's face it - he hasn't earned anything near a pay raise with the Canucks and quite frankly I'm not sure the Canucks earned him staying here. It's clearly just not a good fit and it isn't what the team needs right now; which is a solid 3rd line C and a highly skilled top6 winger that can score. Something that resembles a #1 D-man would also be great, instead of having a back-end that looks like a group of #3 and #4 D-men.

Also consider for those who want Roy re-signed and also want to replace AV with Ruff - remember that Roy shared the room with Ruff for many years and towards the end things got rocky. Let's also not forget that Kassian also played under Ruff and his development didn't exactly pan out there as planned.

The way this team has managed and coached its assets is laughable. $12mil in cap space for 3 players alone sitting on the sidelines as either a back-up goalie, healthy scratch or injured talent that has not been replaced.

You'd think that salary could have helped the team no?

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

Sig too big, images removed. - SN

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#85 Average Joe

Average Joe

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:41 PM

Please reduce the ticket price. $250/seat is not what everyone here should be paying for miserable two first round exit.
You want the truth, you can't handle the truth! But I can.

#86 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Why does everyone think a NTC mean you can't trade a player?

They are designed to Give the player some type of say into where they go in a situation such as this.

Stop being such drama queens.

Not a single player on this team can't be traded.

Edited by Noheart, 06 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#87 kirkmclean1994

kirkmclean1994

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

2 guys that according to Cap Geek are still RFA's for next year that couls help our team are Boyd Gordon and Kyle Chipchura.

I'd let Lappy walk. Haven't seen enough, can't slide up to 3C and franklt I'm tired of the yapping and whining from him, Kesler and Burr

#88 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,939 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:18 PM

I hope not. Frankly I think Roy has been a disappointment, he's small and invisible most of time. That being the case he does blend in well with many of his teammates, he and those similar to him should all go.

#89 AngNMGN99

AngNMGN99

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:40 PM

Trade Edler, trade/buyout Booth& Ballard. Kick some players in te nutts. Kassian has been an absolute disappointment till now! Sedins aren't elite players anymore, ever since june 2011!

Defence is terrible with multiple stupid mistakes every game! Offence is horrendous! And somehow the fans blame LU and Schneider! Thats even more stupid!!!!

#90 Robongo

Robongo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,087 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

The only change I want is Gillis to be fired. His resume is a failure, I think he's the one to blame for our not so graceful fall.

1. Didn't trade either goalie for scoring
2. Hodgson traded for a bum
3. Grabner and a pick traded for a healthy scratch with a terrible contract
4. Samuelson (30 goal guy) replaced by a bum with a terrible contract
5. Erhoff never replaced (assuming Garrison replaced Salo)
6. Let Torres walk and has tried to trade for him since
7. Kept too many guys that don't score at all: Weise, Lapierre, Kassian, Sestito, Ebbett, Shroeder, Pinizzotto, Malhotra

I know Samuelson and Erhoff had to go, but they were never replaced. Even the positives he's done on D (Tanev, Corrado) don't score at all which is what we lack.

Don't forget the Luongo cap hit that will be stuck to us when he retires..

Luongo-Userbar.gif
14vmxhf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.