128 replies to this topic

#121 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:11 PM

Do we re-sign Roy or no? What do you guys think?

I say definitely sign him. He is fast, a a very good skater and he makes beautiful passes. He just needs the right wingers to complement his skill set. I've checked out the available UFAs and, at his present salary, he is worth signing. There's not a lot of under 30 year old UFAs that are worth signing (especially, centres). If Kes moved to the wing and they found some chemistry, that would be a very good line.
A Canucks fan since 1968 (before the NHL)

#122 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:18 PM

Gillis has made so many poor judgements (ridiculous Luongo contract, Luongo as captain, Ballard, Booth, Grabner, not keeping Willie Mitchell, poor handling of Hodgson, signing unproven Edler at $5,000,000, signing unproven Schneider at $4,000,000, poor drafting, poor salary cap management, etc.) he has to go. The season ticket holders will be cancelling their tickets in droves otherwise.

We need a hockey man as GM.

I say bring back Brian Burke. Brian Burke is responsible for whatever success the Canucks have had in recent years, including drafting the Sedins.

I say no to Burke. The reason we got the Sedins is because we were lousy and we had high draft picks. Burke let Umberger walk for nothing. If you look at Burke's trades, he made lots of gaffs. Burke's time here has come and gone.

I think MG has been the best GM we've had and I've seen them all. If MG isn't a hockey man who is (check out his bio). If we went with a new Gen Mgr, I'd want a fresh face.

#123 sockeye

sockeye

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:42 PM

Why does everyone think a NTC mean you can't trade a player?

They are designed to Give the player some type of say into where they go in a situation such as this.

Stop being such drama queens.

Not a single player on this team can't be traded.

It's not about some people being drama queens. The player holds all the cards when they have a NTC. You can't trade them unless they want to be traded - they need to sign off on the trade or it doesn't happen (i.e. the player needs to waive his NTC). That's reality. NTCs are a double edged sword - it's a bargaining chip to sign a player to less than they'd make on the open market but you also lose flexibility with your roster.

#124 Honky Cat

Honky Cat

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

None.

So when the team decides to crumble (you know it will happen again), I won't go down with them.

I've gone down with the Canuck ship many times...!

#125 Brad Marschnoz

Brad Marschnoz

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:53 PM

Everyone is too focused on next year. Some fans you are..
Even Bieksa says they're still focused on the next game ahead, who knows what will happen.
Sig too big.
-SN

#126 messier's_elbow

messier's_elbow

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,967 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:55 PM

I say definitely sign him. He is fast, a a very good skater and he makes beautiful passes. He just needs the right wingers to complement his skill set. I've checked out the available UFAs and, at his present salary, he is worth signing. There's not a lot of under 30 year old UFAs that are worth signing (especially, centres). If Kes moved to the wing and they found some chemistry, that would be a very good line.

For the 5 million he wants per season? NO THANKS

#127 Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Zack_Kassians_Elbow

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:00 AM

If this team isn't good enough to beat the Sharks they're in A LOT more trouble than i thought. IF we do lose to the Sharks I expect some major changes or they're not making the playoffs next year, hell they may even get the chance to pick 1st overall.

#128 Blackberries

Blackberries

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,129 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

Ok what would you do genius? AV will be fired but its not all his fault im sorry. The players on the ice arent scoring.

The players on the ice aren't scoring because AV refuses to change his tired old system that every other team in the league has had the book on for two years.
Posted Image
Movember Kassian

#129 CrazyAL

CrazyAL

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:18 AM

They need to trim the fat on the dcore, way to much money for what they are getting and it gets worse next season with Edler at 5mil plus they need to re-sign Tanev.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.