The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Game Quotes - Thornton 'Lucky we didn't have to play Luo'

The Magician

Elliotte Friedman@FriedgeHNIC6m

Quite the quote RT @KKurzCSN: Thornton: “We felt [Luongo] was playing great. … We felt we were lucky not to play against Lou, to be honest."

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

"After 2 periods, we were in pretty good shape. That 3rd goal, that's one Schneider probably wants back. We didn't execute." - Coach AV

"Down 3-0, our lifelines are gone. We can't mess up anymore. We need to score more, we need more of everything." - Jannik Hansen

Right now we can't draw on anything, but we have to come to the rink 100% dedicated to winning this. Whatever it takes." - Roberto Luongo

"We need our 20 guys to want this more than their 20 guys. They've wanted it more so far." - Ryan Kesler

"I felt fine to start, I felt good. There's no excuses, this is the playoffs." - Cory Schneider #Canucks

"For two periods we played a good game, then they came at us. We've got to be calmer, we were right there again tonight" - Henrik Sedin

@BradZiemer: Schneider needed time to compose himself before interviews. Luongo was in his ear, offering encouragement.

Makes me sadder every time I realize the inevitable departure of Luongo. He has came from hell and back, and never showed any weaknesses. He always put the team in front of himself, and never let his own personal issues get in the way of the team. Even after this organization pretty much treats him like crap and has him wait out this whole season, he always rises with with the utmost class.

I can go on and on. But to simply phrase it, Luongo will be missed.

@BradZiemer: Schneider needed time to compose himself before interviews. Luongo was in his ear, offering encouragement.

Makes me sadder every time I realize the inevitable departure of Luongo. He has came from hell and back, and never showed any weaknesses. He always put the team in front of himself, and never let his own personal issues get in the way of the team. Even after this organization pretty much treats him like crap and has him wait out this whole season, he always rises with with the utmost class.

Lucky we didn't have to play lu? The score would have been 10 to 1 instead! You wished you would have played lu joe. And I think they did alright till the third of course, some better reffing and a couple bounces and its ours. So close but so far away. We need some major line changes.

Sedins kesler

Higgins roy kassian

Burrows lapierre hansen

Weise pinizotto sestito

Hamhuis garrison

Edler corrado

Bieksa alberts

Schneider

I think it was Sekeres who said that as the reporters came in, Luongo got down on his knees, put his hands on Schneider's knees and whispered something in his ear. Luongo is a great teammate and whatever happens going forward, I wish Luongo all the best.

Lucky we didn't have to play lu? The score would have been 10 to 1 instead! You wished you would have played lu joe. And I think they did alright till the third of course, some better reffing and a couple bounces and its ours. So close but so far away. We need some major line changes.

Sedins kesler

Higgins roy kassian

Burrows lapierre hansen

Weise pinizotto sestito

Hamhuis garrison

Edler corrado

Bieksa alberts

Schneider

Archived