The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Game Quotes - Thornton 'Lucky we didn't have to play Luo'

The Magician

@BradZiemer: Schneider needed time to compose himself before interviews. Luongo was in his ear, offering encouragement.

Makes me sadder every time I realize the inevitable departure of Luongo. He has came from hell and back, and never showed any weaknesses. He always put the team in front of himself, and never let his own personal issues get in the way of the team. Even after this organization pretty much treats him like crap and has him wait out this whole season, he always rises with with the utmost class.

I can go on and on. But to simply phrase it, Luongo will be missed.

There you go, Thornton would make a better coach than AV.

Lucky for San Jose we have a bonehead behind the bench and up in management hitching their wagon on a kid who isn't accustomed to big pressure games. Biggest mistake in franchise history and it's costing us two consecutive first round exits.

I missed a chunk of the game after it was 2-0, but even if Schneider wasn't his usual standard he isn't why they are in this place.

The rest of the team should be able to carry the goalie sometimes and not always the other way round.

I don't believe they are down due to a talent deficit but because, for some reason, they lack the confidence and belief to commit to winning. It seems they did not overcome 2011 emotionally.

Hopefully someone new behind the bench can help them regain the mental side of their game.

Oh the irony in that statement.

Luongo has carried this team for years and gets humiliated for his troubles by a GM who wouldn't know a great player if you slapped him in the face with one. Same as the fan base, half of who crap their pants at the acquisition of anyone who can hold a hockey stick and stand on skates.

These are the same people who have fallen for Gillis's spin year after year and condemned anyone who questioned Gillis's trading performance or the lack of upgrading of a fine 2011 team.

We should have been up to our necks in Stanley Cups but instead we are forced to watch the likes of LA, Blues and Sharks humble us.

These AV changes I now put down to the act of a desperate man trying to make a playoff team out of make-dos and cast-offs.

Lucky we didn't have to play lu? The score would have been 10 to 1 instead! You wished you would have played lu joe. And I think they did alright till the third of course, some better reffing and a couple bounces and its ours. So close but so far away. We need some major line changes.

Sedins kesler

Higgins roy kassian

Burrows lapierre hansen

Weise pinizotto sestito

Hamhuis garrison

Edler corrado

Bieksa alberts

Schneider

This TEAM is playing poorly. Lui was very good in the first 2 and I have to admit Schneider was pretty bad in this last one. The catch here is the team. I don't think even Lui could have pulled a win last night.

Biggest reason for our loss in game 1 & 2 = inability to score

Biggest reason for loss in game 3 = inability to score, bad defence, bad goaltending and bad discipline

Lucky we didn't have to play lu? The score would have been 10 to 1 instead! You wished you would have played lu joe. And I think they did alright till the third of course, some better reffing and a couple bounces and its ours. So close but so far away. We need some major line changes.

Sedins kesler

Higgins roy kassian

Burrows lapierre hansen

Weise pinizotto sestito

Hamhuis garrison

Edler corrado

Bieksa alberts

Schneider

@BradZiemer: Schneider needed time to compose himself before interviews. Luongo was in his ear, offering encouragement.

Makes me sadder every time I realize the inevitable departure of Luongo. He has came from hell and back, and never showed any weaknesses. He always put the team in front of himself, and never let his own personal issues get in the way of the team. Even after this organization pretty much treats him like crap and has him wait out this whole season, he always rises with with the utmost class.

I can go on and on. But to simply phrase it, Luongo will be missed.

Thornton just having a dig at the canucks. He hates them and are really having a good time doing us so easy... Too bad we didn't hammer them more. Didn't want to moan about refs but shocking at times... crosschecking pen for la pierre nothing against Kessler and then the weakest crosscheck against Hansen ever... piss poor. I hope the go in a cross check thornton and couture in the face next time. The series was over when we lost the second game... :sadno:

I think what disturbs me more than the loss:

2012: After taking to the team to game 7 of the finals, and numerous shutouts in the playoffs, Lou gets yanked after 2 games against the Kings last year when he was playing well (with no team in front of him) and loses his job when Schneider lost both games as well.

2013: Lou starts the playoffs plays extremely well (again with no team in front of him) and gets yanked in favour of Schneider.

Whatever happened to "We have 2 number one goalies and we are going to play whoever gives us the best chance to win"

History repeats itself, 2 effing years in a row, and he STILL is a professional about it.

Sedins kesler

Higgins roy kassian

Burrows lapierre hansen

Weise pinizotto sestito

Hamhuis garrison

Edler corrado

Bieksa alberts

Schneider

Yeah, I just don't get starting Schneider last night. Despite losing in game 2, the Canucks had momentum, and Luongo, while not perfect was very good.

This is as much as a mark on AV as it is on Schneider in my opinion.

Archived