The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Post Game Quotes - Thornton 'Lucky we didn't have to play Luo'

The Magician

No way kesler should be a "C", yes some games he turns it up a notch but he doesn't have the class a captain should have. He dives, embellishes, and constantly is up to some dumb antics, Great player and I like him he's just not captain material. Sakic, Yzerman, Lindstrom, even Iginla would pull that crap.

I think what Henrik says to the media and what he says to the team are different. And I am ok with that. I want him to stay captain, one of the classiest guys around. You could tell how much he wanted game three, and how frustrated he was. Every captian has their strengths and weakesses, I could think of plenty of both if Kesler was captain.

I don't think it is inevitable. I have always maintained Lu was the better choice (given the talent to come up in about 2-3 years) It was "another" of my criticisms of MG that he didn't offer either/or at the deadline.

Anyway my point is hopefully Gillis is fired and the new GM will see sense and keep the guy who has bolstered our shaky defence for 6 years.

Are you being serious? The first 2 goals - a weird angle PP goal and a deflected 5-hole shot, okay. But the last 3 were all him. Cory was beat 5-hole 3 times with no deflections, no screens and no point blank shots. Just beat. He let his 5-hole turn into a 15-hole.

Why is it that to some Luo stops a point blank 5-hole shot enough to actually keep it out of the net, but it barely slides out behind him allowing someone to come in behind him (unchecked!) and push it in and he's a weak, soft goalie, but for Cory lets 3 fly in through a 5-hole the Zamboni would have fit through in little or not traffic unlike what Luo was dealing with and they're somehow not his fault?

Look, I said it before the game and I'll say it again now, Cory's an awesome goalie but no way should he have been in that game. Luo's been playing great for us. He was easily the best Canuck on the ice for both games and he was great coming in cold after Cory was pulled last night, stopping 10 shots. Cory had been injured and apparently wasn't even healthy enough just 2 days before to sit on the bench, hadn't seen any game action in almost 2 weeks and was coming into a series where we were down by 2 and the amount of pressure on the goalie was overwhelming. Luo should have had the starts for the rest of this series and if he somehow managed to pull a team that seems to think scoring is antiquated through to the second round, then Cory should have gotten the start.

Putting in Cory was a bonehead coaching decision that was disrespectful to both goalies, risked seriously shaking the confidence of the goalie we will be depending on next year, and yet again encouraged the team to think that the solution to their problem is found in our own end, instead of putting the focus where it deserves to be -- on point production.

I already was getting sick of the Sedins and their soft play last season, but these quotes by Henrik aren't helping.

They really need to make Kesler captain, they took the C from Lu, they can take it from Hank.

And if we can get a bigger return from Schneider, I say we trade him.

And Good bye AV, and hopefully Gillis.

Are you being serious? The first 2 goals - a weird angle PP goal and a deflected 5-hole shot, okay. But the last 3 were all him. Cory was beat 5-hole 3 times with no deflections, no screens and no point blank shots. Just beat. He let his 5-hole turn into a 15-hole.

Why is it that to some Luo stops a point blank 5-hole shot enough to actually keep it out of the net, but it barely slides out behind him allowing someone to come in behind him (unchecked!) and push it in and he's a weak, soft goalie, but for Cory lets 3 fly in through a 5-hole the Zamboni would have fit through in little or not traffic unlike what Luo was dealing with and they're somehow not his fault?

Look, I said it before the game and I'll say it again now, Cory's an awesome goalie but no way should he have been in that game. Luo's been playing great for us. He was easily the best Canuck on the ice for both games and he was great coming in cold after Cory was pulled last night, stopping 10 shots. Cory had been injured and apparently wasn't even healthy enough just 2 days before to sit on the bench, hadn't seen any game action in almost 2 weeks and was coming into a series where we were down by 2 and the amount of pressure on the goalie was overwhelming. Luo should have had the starts for the rest of this series and if he somehow managed to pull a team that seems to think scoring is antiquated through to the second round, then Cory should have gotten the start.

Putting in Cory was a bonehead coaching decision that was disrespectful to both goalies, risked seriously shaking the confidence of the goalie we will be depending on next year, and yet again encouraged the team to think that the solution to their problem is found in our own end, instead of putting the focus where it deserves to be -- on point production.

Shark fan here not to gloat on a 3-0 lead as last time the Sharks went up 3-0 Detroit took them to 7. Most of the fans I know were VERY surprised that Lou was not in goal as he seemed to do his job in games 1 and 2. I would have to think Lou get the nod in game 4.

As far as the tank it is loud and and the Sharks defend home ice fairly well this season.

This is not the same Shark team you guys are use to, gone is bonehead PIM Clowe and equally bad skater Murray. You guys have a tough job ahead of you.

Shark fan here not to gloat on a 3-0 lead as last time the Sharks went up 3-0 Detroit took them to 7. Most of the fans I know were VERY surprised that Lou was not in goal as he seemed to do his job in games 1 and 2. I would have to think Lou get the nod in game 4.

As far as the tank it is loud and and the Sharks defend home ice fairly well this season.

This is not the same Shark team you guys are use to, gone is bonehead PIM Clowe and equally bad skater Murray. You guys have a tough job ahead of you.

Archived