Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DownUndaCanuck

2013 Sharks = 2012 Kings?

These two teams look freakily similar all of a sudden.

The Sharks struggled all season, were out of the playoff picture for most of it, then got hot late after the trade deadline and ended up in the playoffs. So did the Kings.

The Sharks have a Vezina-worthy goalie. So did the Kings.

The Sharks have rediculous depth down the middle with Thornton, Couture, Pavelski and Gomez. So did the Kings (Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Stoll - very similar in size and skill to the Sharks).

The Sharks have big, physical, nasty depth defencemen (Stuart, Hannan). So did the Kings (Mitchell, Greene).

The Sharks have one top puck moving defenceman (Boyle). So did the Kings (Doughty).

The Sharks are up 3-0 against the Canucks. So were the Kings.

The resemblences are rediculous. This Sharks team could easily go all the way if they follow the Kings' pattern.

2012 Kings had more talent I think, not by a huge margin though

Nope. Canucks are getting destroyed by a team that will lose in 5 or 6 next round regardless of who they play (except Minny).

I dont think so, we're just playing terrible for some reason.

STL will take SJ to town if they play them. I think either the Hawks or Blues will come out of the West

If we don't pull off some miracle the Sharks won't get past the Hawks or Blues if they win their respective series'

No. People already had the Sharks winning it in January.

What? Beating up on a crapty Canucks team doesn't mean you win the cup.

Sharks will choke again in the playoffs. 2013 Blues = 2012 Kings

Man, it would suck if the Sharks go all the way to the finals and win. How many times has this happened to us? Way too many times.

No the Sharks are actually terrible.

Canucks are just half the team they were in 2011

They'll get stomped out next round for sure. That's not a knock against them, the good teams in the West are amazingly well rounded.

The 2013 Sharks are not the 2012 Kings because the 2013 Canucks are much weaker than the 2012 Canucks. If the Sharks advance to round 2, the Blackhawks will finish them off in five games.

Though whoever beat the Canucks usually win the cup... Just look at last 3 yrs.. Or even like 6 out of 7/8 yrs I think... Lol

No. Vancouver are playing so bad it's making the Sharks look better than they are. SJ is probably playing Chicago next round, if they beat them then I'll be impressed.

No, the Sharks even though they failed every year in the playoffs have been a pretty good 1st round team. It's in the 2nd and 3rd round they fell apart.

Couture won't be able to pull them past the Ducks, Hawks, St-Louis or LA.

Our streak of being eliminated by the eventual Champions is over!

Ducks-Pens in the Cup finals. Pens in 6

I don't think so, its possible but unllikely. They aren't that good. Weak D, great goalie and streaky scoring. If their big guns step up, like this round, then there is a chance