The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will you be watching Game 4?

hockey21383

Could be the last game for a lot of long time canucks including the staff. The nucks are not coming back in this series there is nothing to suggest otherwise.

This franchise needs to do a major rethink and get it self sorted out from the top to the ice. We aren't a good organization at the moment.

:rolleyes:

It's sad that so may young fans get suckered into this organizations dogma. People need to realize how much they are getting MILKED. I mean if you're a chick, and you enjoy a little pull or pinch in that region, ok.. but otherwise........

Being a fan of over 30 years now, I am feeling the shift. That shift being the "long time fan who really knows the score" to the "younger, next-gen fan" who hasn't felt the ongoing dissapointment and failure resulting from this franchise' failure to win a championship in almost half a century of existance, and gladly shells out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of his/her hard earned money to "support the team" because "we are all Canucks! Believe!"

Ok then. Fair enough.

Say that when you're 40 or 50 years old, and have been a fan yourself for 30 years and they STILL haven't managed to bring 'er home.

Seriously. This team should have won a goddman Cup by accident by now.

Not sure WTF is going on because there is a lot of talent on this team that is doing exactly zero zip zilch. 1 goal/game in the playoffs? Really?? :picard:

Kesler damn near won game two BY HIMSELF. the response? : "meh....... yawn.... is Subway still open? cause I wanna eat fresh..."

The collapse of this team over the last, what, year and a half since they went all the way is nothing short of flabergasting.

The term WHOLESALE CHANGES doesn't even come close to describing the amount of cleaning this house needs.

Keep Kesler, Tanev. (being regulars)

Everyone else is expendable.

If you have to, buy out the Sedins/Luongo/Booth/Ballard. Let them retire or go help another team fail when it matters, and then see what some of the prosepcts you have can do.

Lain, Schroeder, Kassian, Corrado, Jensen. etc

We aren't as bare in prospects as the media (and the Canucks) make us think we are. Its just that we're expected to believe we're a much better team than we are because that makes people SPEND MONEY.

It's BULLSHAT.

Next year we face re-alignment. Anyone who thinks it's an automatic that we make the playoffs in 2014, is on crack. Barring any significant (SIGNIFICANT) changes - it's entirely possible they don't.

This team is coming off back to back Presidents Trophys for Christs sake! ...and other than a run in 2011 where they were absolutely embarrased in the Final, they show us two very early 1st round exits?

Call me out for being pessimistic. I dare you.

Fine bunch of "Canucks fans" you all are.

Jumping the bandwagon and watching only of we're going to win, maybe we need a few bad years to improve this team and prune away our fair-weather friends. Of course when we win a cup one day, you will all say, I've been here all along fans for ___ years, never wavered.

WHY?

This team has played almost 60 minutes in one game out of 3. There is no will to win. I don't see the effort that goes with that at least. Something happened to this team in 2011 between game 2 and 3 of the final. They have rarely looked the same since. I can think of less then a dozen occasions where I saw the cup run team on the ice since that game. Players have changed and that makes things different. But the way this team plays. The core of this team. You watch their game. Not even close. After watching the flow of the game for 3 games. Watching the Sharks get an abundance of "A" quality scoring chances and watching the Canucks get next to nothing. It is not that I don't think the team is skilled enough to win or cabaple of winning. It is that I do not believe that they have the will to win. You see shadows of this only. Spurts of what you know is there but will not come out. This is what is frustrating. I do not expect the great team that went to the final to magically show up. But this team is a whole lot better then it has played for most of the last 3 games. And that is frustrating. So where do we start the rebuild? This season is done. Sharks are too good to win 4 in a row. I hope they win the next game so we can get on with the required messiness that is the tear down this team clearly needs. The question for me is not who goes? It is who stays? Which players do I think are actually showing up to play a full game. The list is short. Coach V is gonzo. Does not matter if he is a good coach or not. He can't survive this. I think a lot of the team is gonzo. I want to see a team that I can believe has a chance of winning. That is not the one I have seen on the ice for 2 out of 3 games in the playoffs.

I'm surprised at the amount of "no" votes, although I guess I shouldn't be. Pretty much the definition of fair weather fans.

I too am disappointed with the way things have gone this season, but to not watch what could be the last game of the season? Unthinkable.

BTW darkpoet: I've been a fan since day 1.

Always. Till the end. Just really upset at how it's gone down, but I'm in it for the duration.

Say that when you're 40 or 50 years old, and have been a fan yourself for 30 years and they STILL haven't managed to bring 'er home.

Your argument, at times, makes it sound like this group of guys has been responsible for the years of failure. Your spin on things does that...it's a rant because you're upset, but to direct that at this particular team (which, at times, you've hinted at) because we've never won a cup? You start with franchise, but it quickly turns to "team". They weren't here 30 years ago.

"This franchise" is ever changing - new faces, new management, new team...so a variety of different groups of people haven't managed to. Which just speaks to how very difficult it is.

I will absolutely be watching, not only because they are MY team, but because I want to see which guys have the mettle to show up and which ones have thrown in the towel, this game will speak volumes of the character of some of the players and help management make decisions on who should stay going forward.

If the coaching changes and I were the new coach coming in, I would definitely go back to tape on this game. (Game 4 down 3-0)

I didn't watch game 3 (only first period), because game 2 pissed me off. Canucks dominated but couldn't get a freaking goal. The worst part was niemi wasn't even that good, just Canucks players missing.

I will watch game 4, as it will probably be the last hockey game I watch this year (full game). But as i'm in the east if it's over after 1 or 2 period, I'll go to bed.

:rolleyes:

It's sad that so may young fans get suckered into this organizations dogma. People need to realize how much they are getting MILKED. I mean if you're a chick, and you enjoy a little pull or pinch in that region, ok.. but otherwise........

Being a fan of over 30 years now, I am feeling the shift. That shift being the "long time fan who really knows the score" to the "younger, next-gen fan" who hasn't felt the ongoing dissapointment and failure resulting from this franchise' failure to win a championship in almost half a century of existance, and gladly shells out $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ of his/her hard earned money to "support the team" because "we are all Canucks! Believe!"

Ok then. Fair enough.

Not sure WTF is going on because there is a lot of talent on this team that is doing exactly zero zip zilch. 1 goal/game in the playoffs? Really?? :picard:

Kesler damn near won game two BY HIMSELF. the response? : "meh....... yawn.... is Subway still open? cause I wanna eat fresh..."

The collapse of this team over the last, what, year and a half since they went all the way is nothing short of flabergasting.

The term WHOLESALE CHANGES doesn't even come close to describing the amount of cleaning this house needs.

Keep Kesler, Tanev. (being regulars)

Everyone else is expendable.

If you have to, buy out the Sedins/Luongo/Booth/Ballard. Let them retire or go help another team fail when it matters, and then see what some of the prosepcts you have can do.

Lain, Schroeder, Kassian, Corrado, Jensen. etc

We aren't as bare in prospects as the media (and the Canucks) make us think we are. Its just that we're expected to believe we're a much better team than we are because that makes people SPEND MONEY.

It's BULLSHAT.

Next year we face re-alignment. Anyone who thinks it's an automatic that we make the playoffs in 2014, is on crack. Barring any significant (SIGNIFICANT) changes - it's entirely possible they don't.

This team is coming off back to back Presidents Trophys for Christs sake! ...and other than a run in 2011 where they were absolutely embarrased in the Final, they show us two very early 1st round exits?

Call me out for being pessimistic. I dare you.

Archived