The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] Have Another Donut

I don't think its whining when you point out the facts and the vids show that. Now we should still be scoring regardless. However, I did enjoy the clip of Av chewing his gum. It's what he does best, because we all know that yelling at the refs or making a stink about bad calls sure wouldn't fire up your team<sarcasm>...

Great job on the video!

The reffing has been bad, and more often than not bad in one direction. They've gotten away with worse than we've gotten called for multiple times. And as for them calling our team divers, you have to be kidding me! After having seen them flop around like fish every time anyone skates near them, I'm pretty sure speedos are a standard issue part of their uniforms! If any Canuck had dove like they have multiple times, even when they didn't get the call they wanted, we'd have gotten a diving penalty.

Even still, the reffing is only a small part of our problem in this series and in general. The team just can't seem to score. They lose focus too easily and appear to feel defeated whenever things aren't going their way whereas a few years ago they were known as the comeback kids who never gave up and had more 3rd period come backs than anyone in the league.

Maybe it really is time for this team to get a heart transplant....

The team must be so frustrated. Management should suck up the fines or penalties and speak up. Maybe the refs are so biased against certain players on our team that we'll never succeed til they're gone. (ie, Burrows, Lapierre, Sedins, Kesler, Luongo.) They don't seem to yap or dive like they used to yet the refs seem to hold a grudge.

I'm frustrated as a fan since 1970. I miss the days of Pat Quinn or Brian Burke or even Don Cherry doing post game interviews making refs accountable.

NHL is still in the entertainment industry are they not

It's a combination of factors.

The Auger-effect is a lasting and unprofessional axe-to-grind against particular Canucks players. Forget Marchand, Doughty, or the likes of Thornton and Couture - Burrows, Kesler and Lapierre are the scapegoats of the NHL.

Canucks management has called these bureaucrats (officials) out before, and they hold a fraternal grudge that they are free to exercise - one that is in concert with the corporate objectives of game management.

Insider infuence peddling seems to be more than merely the imagination of people wearing tinfoil hats.

The NHL is in re-sell mode, pandering to the large US markets (still/again). Some call it "business" - but that soils the concept of business. It's more of a corporate devolution that perverts the principles of sport.

The NHL takes their existing fanbase for granted in favour of wooing the fanbase they don't have (and further distanced with their moronic lockout) - actually a terrible 'business' approach.

Vancouver is periperal even within Canada. CBC and TSN are too busy pandering to Onterrible and competing for the HNIC contract to be accountable to the West or hold the NHL accountable to anywhere that sits outside of it's core.

The NHL is soiled by politics.

NHL.com :rolleyes:

headlines.png

Buy dem tickets.

I'm so numb to all of this now but some things still get through and cut me. Jesus. I'm not sure whether to laugh, cry, or go ape$#!^... So blatant.

Guest Gumballthechewy

What's more consistent?

Refs screwing us?

Or us whining about it?

What has a bigger impact on the outcome of a game?

The refs screwing us?

Or us whining about it?

What has a bigger impact on the outcome of a game?

The refs screwing us?

Or us whining about it?

Definitely and absolutely the refs screwing us.

We sure aren't playing well, but in a game where momentum and confidence triumphs skill and strength, one-sided officiating has a big effect on the game.

its all the refs fault, they're stopping us from scoring, that's what it is

What have you been watching? Other than the 3rd period of game 3, all the games have been close. The Sharks are getting PPs at critical times in the games on plays where the refs swallow the whistles when the exact same thing happens to a Canucks player. There's also been 3 or 4 completely ridiculous roughing / slashing penalties.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Definitely and absolutely the refs screwing us.

We sure aren't playing well, but in a game where momentum and confidence triumphs skill and strength, one-sided officiating has a big effect on the game.

Oh, absolutely.

Archived