The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] Have Another Donut

Here's a question for you all: if the officiating once again goes south tonight, and AV, at some point throughout the game, grabs a player's stick, grabs a white towel, puts the two together and raises it to the rafters.... Would you still want him fired? *insert troll emoticon*

The refs are not the single reason we are losing but it hasn't helped and just because we'd probably be losing with fair reffing, doesn't let those zebras off the hook. It's embarrassing to see our game plummet like this.

Watch NFL reffing. Anything that is a penalty in the regular season is in the playoffs. No team gets favourable calls because another team might benifit too much. There is accountability and a feeling that it's up to your team. So when a call does get blown, you know it was indeed an honest mistake and not the numurous ridiculous reasons a ref in the NHL blows the whistle or chooses (CHOOSES!!!) not to.

The last infuriates me the most. The ref is not there to interpret the rules with impunity. He is there to enforce them to ensure a clean level playing field. This hasn't happened for a long time.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Yup, they had a few choice words after I posted that.

I had a hard time reading through that... :sick:

How epic would it have been if AV raised the white flag?

My respect for him would increase substantially.

So what's that, 23-9 in 4 games. SJ first in pp time, Vancouver last.

And that whole 4 minutes for blood is absolute garbage. That high stick was tame compared to most of the ones we see, yet since his lip starting bleeding a tiny bit it's 4 minutes...Meanwhile Gomez is swinging his stick full speed at guys on the Canucks bench and that's good for only 2. Interesting....

Guest Gumballthechewy

The best part is nobody seems to give two s**** because it's the Canucks....

I am horrified by tonights game.

Both the game tying and winner were on Wingles diving all over. Especially the overtime call. It was a shoulder hit by Daniel. No illegal contact and Wingles propels himself into the boards like it was attemtped murder. The refs sweep the series, congrats refs. Have some champagne.

No the nucks didn't play well all series to blame the refs completely, but this game was ours even with the crap reffing and the refs stole it away.

i am horrified by what the league has become, I can't watch anymore of the playoffs this year. Who cares, the league is a farce.

I am horrified by tonights game.

Both the game tying and winner were on Wingles diving all over. Especially the overtime call. It was a shoulder hit by Daniel. No illegal contact and Wingles propels himself into the boards like it was attemtped murder. The refs sweep the series, congrats refs. Have some champagne.

No the nucks didn't play well all series to blame the refs completely, but this game was ours even with the crap reffing and the refs stole it away.

i am horrified by what the league has become, I can't watch anymore of the playoffs this year. Who cares, the league is a farce.

Could not have expressed myself better, mine would have been a rant with two out of two and a half words being curses.

Final penalty minute count:

Vancouver 66

San Jose 26

Well that's not really the most revealing number, here's some more.

PP Opportunities were 24-10 for the Sharks, and one of the 10 was puck-over-glass so really only 9 that were ref's discretion.

Total PP Time was 36:16 for SJ, 15:36 for the Canucks. In the 3rd Periods and Overtimes, San Jose had 8 powerplay opportunities, the Canucks had two. Was it really that big of a difference, out on the ice? Not in my opinion.

this video is perfect ... and you put some coaches who are angry and really defend their team .. and then you see vignault, who said and done nothing all series long, laughing at the end .. simply perfect

It's a combination of factors.

The Auger-effect is a lasting and unprofessional axe-to-grind against particular Canucks players. Forget Marchand, Doughty, or the likes of Thornton and Couture - Burrows, Kesler and Lapierre are the scapegoats of the NHL.

Canucks management has called these bureaucrats (officials) out before, and they hold a fraternal grudge that they are free to exercise - one that is in concert with the corporate objectives of game management.

Insider infuence peddling seems to be more than merely the imagination of people wearing tinfoil hats.

The NHL is in re-sell mode, pandering to the large US markets (still/again). Some call it "business" - but that soils the concept of business. It's more of a corporate devolution that perverts the principles of sport.

The NHL takes their existing fanbase for granted in favour of wooing the fanbase they don't have (and further distanced with their moronic lockout) - actually a terrible 'business' approach.

Vancouver is periperal even within Canada. CBC and TSN are too busy pandering to Onterrible and competing for the HNIC contract to be accountable to the West or hold the NHL accountable to anywhere that sits outside of it's core.

The NHL is soiled by politics.

It started with that crap out of that actor/president in the states and his house on a shiny hill? bullcrap in the 80's. corporate greed ticket to annihilation of the middle class.

Archived