The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[VID] Have Another Donut

Almost forgot how bad this series was. I've stopped being mad at the refs for any other series, just cause it was sooooooooo bad. Broke ALL TIME NHL records bad. Amazing we actually kept every game close.

Still think if Hansen had of burried that empty netter, and we weren't playing vs 2 extra men the whole series, it would have gone 7.

Watching all the other series now, and last year..mind boggling what everyone gets away with. Not us though, not for those 4 games. It was like the 80's with over 6 penalties per game.

Leafs fans threatened Kerry Fraser's life after what happened to them against LA in 93.

Canucks fans make videos.

I hope you're not insinuating that the Leafs fans are better fans because of that. Threatening a ref's life is pure idiocy, nothing about that to be proud of. I'd rather have fans that make videos, thanks.

In my opinion this series between the Canucks and Sharks was the most blatant cheating by the referees in my time of 30 years watching the sport. There could have been worse ones but I was too young or didnt see it.

Canucks were repeatedly called for non fouls and the Sharks would do the same thing and get away with it. When a team gets 30 powerplays to 13 in a FOUR game series, Anyone who claims it was fair refereeing is in willful denial.

Like the Canucks or hate them, as a fan you do not want to see the Referees outright cheat for one team to win. It cheapens our sport.

Archived