The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

did anyone else...

I know what your saying but really in the grand scheme of things this sport means nothing compared to family. I went to work today and found out one of my friends i always talk Canucks with had passed in his sleep. Ya know it really puts things in perspective.

All's i'm saying is never forget what's really important in your life, winning teams come and go but family and good friends are forever.

No, it's a game.

That's all it is. You have absolutely no influence over the outcome of the game as an individual unless you are one of the 16 people on the ice at any one time.

So people getting overly worked up about how well someone else is doing or did is really, really silly when you think about it.

my girlfriend is a fan, but she is hoping they will just lose so that I stop freaking out. when I asked" how can you say that?" she replied "why would you want them to win after a shortened season? Everybody else will go on about how that's the only way we could win it." made more pissed, but it actually shut me up. I couldn't say anything to that.

I didn't have a fight per se, but I WAS Miss Cranky Pants after their abysmal performance!

It's the other way around in our household: I'm the absolute diehard Nucks fan and it's my hubby who is more ambivalent towards them. In fact, he suggested that we start following another team now in light of the poor effort (which is what made me cranky!).

I once again threatened to fly over to Vancouver on my own (we're in Australia and are planning a visit to Vancouver specifically to see the Canucks play a few home games at the end of the year) - seeing as he's not a loyal, through-thick-and-thin supporter, I may have do do just this ............!

I don't talk hockey with anyone except writing about it here.

I have a gf that does not even know what the NHL is.

Sums up that the NHL is insignificant in the grand abundance of this gift of life we were given.

..get in a fight with their wife/girlfriend because they were so pissy after the game(s) this weekend?

I did.

Is it too much to ask wives/girlfriends to follow the Canucks playoffs, and decrease their expectations of us after a loss? Seriously...all the info you need is online. Download the calendar to your iphone, set up text alerts...and be there for us when we emotionally unravel after a playoff loss.

ex:

text alert! Canucks blow a 2-1 lead in the final minute, Sharts come back to take a 2-0 series lead.

action: bring your boyfriend/husband a stiff drink. Curse the refs/opponents; otherwise say nothing until stewing has ceased.

The Nucks winning or losing has very little real effect on my life. I love the game and prefer winning to losing, but at the end of the day in the grand scheme of things it's just a game. If the Nucks win the cup will my life change? Nope. It doesn't change when they lose either.

Archived